RP Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chara View Post

I kinda had a plan for how I was gonna make it work lmao. And I mean according to mythology gods have sex so you can't say sex is ungodlike. And it's not impossible for the God of sex to grant their champion such an ability
    Gods of sex are a staple of a lot of pantheons, I get that. But being so on-the-nose on an RP based on an e10+ rated series is gonna be hard to pull off.
    Originally posted by Wade
    It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Gods of sex are a staple of a lot of pantheons, I get that. But being so on-the-nose on an RP based on an e10+ rated series is gonna be hard to pull off.
      I got u cuh. God of death?

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post

I got u cuh. God of death?
        God of death is Thanatos in the Canon... You might wanna do a Google check on that to make sure you want him, because...

There's also a goddess of darkness and a God of the underworld that all do similar things.

I think God of sex might work out If we find creative ways to make it more effective and less sexy. Maybe do stuff like the goddess of calamity Pandora?

Comment

God of death is Thanatos in the Canon... You might wanna do a Google check on that to make sure you want him, because...

There's also a goddess of darkness and a God of the underworld that all do similar things.

I think God of sex might work out If we find creative ways to make it more effective and less sexy. Maybe do stuff like the goddess of calamity Pandora?
          Well if I had goddess of sex I would have given her like super strength/reflexes/durability and eternal youth and sort of only allude to the fact that she got it from having sex regularly.

If it's God of death I want the champion to be Chara because creepy murder child

Comment

Okay, cool. So I'm thinking we keep it loosely based on Kid Icarus just because we're probably the only two to have played it, but we can use the themes.

How about this: After Pig's smashing success of defeating Hades, all the Gods take notice (there's probably a pantheon that we don't know about tbh. Remember how three of them show up for only a chapter each?) and they each make themselves a champion to push their cause, much like Pit himself. That's who we are- champions for gods that follow their ideals and values. Viridi could reform Cragalanche, Neptune might have a merman helper, etc. We could even make custom God's for those who don't know which one to rally behind.
            can I be Viridi?

if not, maybe someone else. Just Greece themed?

Originally posted by OrganizationXV

"Oh-a shiit!" Mario yells. "Ima gonna leave-a."

He runs away, arms out, then jumps like super high and you don't see him any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Gawayn View Post

can I be Viridi?

if not, maybe someone else. Just Greece themed?
              You'd be a perfect Viridi lol.

Comment

Alternatively, we could make this a Super Smash Bros. Rp, just with a more extended universe. That'd make it a bit more inclusive for people that aren't me and Zeed.

Comment

• OrganizationXV
                  OrganizationXV commented
                  Editing a comment

• Mae Borowski
                  Mae Borowski commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That sounds like a sweet idea too man. I'm cool with whatever we do :)

You'd be a perfect Viridi lol.
                Of course I am!

Cragalanche Crush!!!

He runs away, arms out, then jumps like super high and you don't see him any more.

Comment

If we're doing the super smash thing this is my character.

Name: Mae Borowski
                  Video game: Night in the Woods
                  Weapons: Baseball bat/Knife
                  Hometown: Possum Springs
                  Smash stages: Possum Springs, sewers, woods, cult mine
                  Unique items: Pierogi (food), pizza (food), bouncy rubber band ball (throwable weapon), Gregg's crossbow (ranged weapon), light bulb (throwable weapon)
                  Move set: First form (Mae) - baseball bat, throw pretzel, bounce, transform
                  Second form (Witchdagger) - Knife, throw tarot card, bounce, transform
                  Smash move: NIGHTMARE EYES - gets drunk after a few beers, and the world distorts to a dreamlike state. Other characters are forced to move slowly as she runs around with her bat gleefully smashing everything in sight.
                  Summons: Gregg (runs around stabbing and slashing with his knife), Eide (grabs whoever he can and strangles them), Robot (hangs out and hits anyone who gets near it), Sky Cat (puts the world in a dreamlike state, attacking randomly with flying fish)

OrganizationXV
                  Last edited by Mae Borowski; April 11th, 2018, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Hm...

obviously I’ll be a FE character most likely

but who? Not another swordsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
                    If we're doing the super smash thing this is my character.

Name: Mae Borowski
                    Video game: Night in the Woods
                    Weapons: Baseball bat/Knife
                    Hometown: Possum Springs
                    Smash stages: Possum Springs, sewers, woods, cult mine
                    Unique items: Pierogi (food), pizza (food), bouncy rubber band ball (throwable weapon), Gregg's crossbow (ranged weapon), light bulb (throwable weapon)
                    Move set: First form (Mae) - baseball bat, throw pretzel, bounce, transform
                    Second form (Witchdagger) - Knife, throw tarot card, bounce, transform
                    Smash move: NIGHTMARE EYES - gets drunk after a few beers, and the world distorts to a dreamlike state. Other characters are forced to move slowly as she runs around with her bat gleefully smashing everything in sight.
                    Summons: Gregg (runs around stabbing and slashing with his knife), Eide (grabs whoever he can and strangles them), Robot (hangs out and hits anyone who gets near it), Sky Cat (puts the world in a dreamlike state, attacking randomly with flying fish)

OrganizationXV
                    No, like... From a Nintendo game.

Comment

Got it. OrganizationXV

Name: Arvis

Video game: Fire Emblem

Weapons: Valflame Tome

Hometown: Jugdral

Smash stages: Belhalla

Unique items: Valflame (Weapon), Recover Ring (Equipment), Great Shield (Equipment)

Move set: His tome is mechanically similar to Robin’s except his tome doesn’t expire.

Level 1: Elfire

Level 2: Arcfire

Level 3: Bolganone

Level 4: Valflame

Recover Ring recovers 10% every 5 seconds.

Great Shield blocks damage, but at random can fail, and chance of failure rises with each consecutive button press or use.

Smash move:

Incineration Nors - Arvis conjures a large spell of fire that circles up in a whirlwind about 3/4ths the length of the Battlefield stage, limiting its effectiveness on larger stages, and is followed up by a cross of flame with Arvis at the center.

Summons:

Julia - Think a miniature PK starstorm but going up and dragon shaped.

Julius - A dark vortex opens, pausing and shrinking other fighters. The pause lasts 5 seconds.

Comment

No, like... From a Nintendo game.
                        Solid Snake isn't from Nintendo

Comment

Solid Snake isn't from Nintendo
                          He had a game on 3ds

Comment

He had a game on 3ds
                            Come ooooonnnn, you said it could be an extended universe. Well I'm extending a universe where Night in the Woods got a switch version.

Comment

Come ooooonnnn, you said it could be an extended universe. Well I'm extending a universe where Night in the Woods got a switch version.
                              But we have, like, over a dozen full franchises to go for probably, with Smash Bros. None of them strike your fancy?

Comment

But we have, like, over a dozen full franchises to go for probably, with Smash Bros. None of them strike your fancy?
                                Oof, but I got this new game obsession and I already made a character sheet and stuff, but uuuuugggghh

Comment

tfw I got ignored

Comment

Originally posted by Gawayn View Post
                                    tfw I got ignored
                                    Sorry.

I think it' kinda video-gamey, with the rngmechanics and the healing over time, but it's work I suppose.

I'm not sure to what end just yet, though.

Comment

OrganizationXV

OMG

DUDE Night in the Woods actually is on the Nintendo Switch xD it's valid, I can play Mae

Comment

Working...
                                      X