X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite artist/bands by genre

Be specific or vague, idgaf, been listening to music nonstop

don't bully plz

Metal: Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Morbid Angel, Death, Vader, Sadus, Pantera, Suicidal Tendencies

Rock: Blue Oyster Cult, Journey, RUSH, Goo Goo Dolls, Primus, Polaris, Matchbox Twenty, Rusted Root, Mars Volta, The Animal Collective

Rap: Ace Rock the GOAT, Eyedea, Sage Francis, Tupac, DMX, Bong Thugs, Luda, D-12 (Kuniva and Swifty are the best of them), Wu Tang

Alanis Morissette and Lisa Loeb are also treasures

Metal: Melvins, Death, Electric Funeral, Unsane

Rock: Nirvana, Flipper, The Jesus Lizard, Butthole Surfers, Cows, Swans, Killdozer, Killing Joke, The Wipers, Saccahrine Trust, Morphine, Joy Division, Cocteau Twins, Lowlife

Post-Rock: Slint, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, God is An Astronaut, Current Swans, Heroin and Your Veins

MISC: Bohren & der Club of Gore, Dead Can Dance

Rap: Mobb Deep, Prodigy, Nas, Kool G Rap, old J Dilla instrumentals
    Last edited by Zydeco Honeycup; March 5th, 2017, 02:49 PM.
    Crime & the City Solution

Comment

Metal: Suffocation

Rock: Primus

Rap: Naughty by Nature

Pop: Beyonce (and Destiny's Child)
      In my mind...

Comment

Rap: Lupe Fiasco

Rock: Queen

Pop: Prince

RnB: Aretha Franklin

Blues: B.B King

One of my favorite performers in general is Carlos Santana.
        "My dead presidents ain’t dead enough"

Comment

Rap: Kanye
          Metal: Linkin Park
          Pop: Britney Spears
          Rock: Breaking Benjamin

Classical: Chopin

This is my actual and only list

Originally posted by Oneiros
          In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Rock: Dragon Force, Back-On

Comment

each genre lists the artists in order of most to least fav

death metal: Meshuggah, Necrophagist, Fredrik Thordendal, Nile, Behemoth, Eths

symphonic metal(death, black, power, etc; for the sake of not splintering the lists too much I will include them all here): Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Nightwish, Epica, Hour of Penance, Septicflesh, Kamelot

progressive metal(this one was especially hard to narrow down lol): Opeth, Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Gordian Knot, Animals As Leaders, Plini, Mestis, Scale The Summit, Intervals

other metal acts from various subgenres: Alice In Chains(i mostly listen to their heavier songs, so), Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, Iron Maiden, White Zombie/Rob Zombie, Metallica

progressive rock: Beardfish, Yes, Tool, Genesis, King Crimson, Karnivool, Deus Ex Machina

rock in general: Soundgarden, Aerosmith, Porcupine Tree, Audioslave, Smashing Pumpkins, Guns n Roses....prolly more i havent listened to in ages....

rap: Aesop Rock, Eyedea, Joyner Lucas, Twista, Nas, Clear Soul Forces, Lupe Fiasco

general hip-hop: Nujabes, Blockhead, Kanye, Uyama Hiroto

Classical the GOAT: Scriabin, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Mahler, Brandon Musser(kinda weird putting him on this list lol but he does have a special place in my heart)
              Originally posted by #83.6666666667

I need to anonymously suck Helly's dick. I can't, how could I praise the greatest individual in the universe while maintaining my perfect reputation in this fine website?
              "Intelligence, also known as general cognitive function or simply g, describes the shared variance that exists between diverse measures of cognitive ability."

So when they reference intelligence they mean cognitive function. What this means, I do not know.

Comment

• Beholder
                Beholder commented
                Editing a comment
                hey friend

I would list mine but my music taste is just so varied that it would take me like hours to type up. I consider myself to be a music aficionado, you get me?

Comment

Originally posted by King Solomon View Post
                I would list mine but my music taste is just so varied that it would take me like hours to type up. I consider myself to be a music aficionado, you get me?
                psh kid do u even atonal, u C-G-Am-F plebian

I need to anonymously suck Helly's dick. I can't, how could I praise the greatest individual in the universe while maintaining my perfect reputation in this fine website?
                "Intelligence, also known as general cognitive function or simply g, describes the shared variance that exists between diverse measures of cognitive ability."

So when they reference intelligence they mean cognitive function. What this means, I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

psh kid do u even atonal, u C-G-Am-F plebian
                  do you even pentatonic scale?
                  i dont need that music theory stuff, i just go by feels and vibes, you get me? that's real music right there; straight from the heart

Comment

I challenge you all to post your faves again, but only one per genre.
                    In my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                      Kamelot
                      Yes plz

Comment

Metal: Burzum, Satrycon,

EDM: Skream, Rusko, Zomboy, SkisM,

Comment

Metallica&Megadeth the absolute favourites.(havent found anything that comes even close to these two)

Other than that I listen to all kinds of music

bob dylan eagles eminem 50 thrash heavy speed pop rap..(country I guess)

Comment

I find it hard to have a stable favorite.

Maybe Garbage, In this moment and KMFDM.

Comment

BTS, NCT U, NCT 127, EXO, EXO-M, EXO-K, Got7

Comment

Working...
                              X