Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raniero View Post
    Taste is objective? Guess T5 is just MvC-lite
    You could argue that Recovery,Relapse and Revival aren't garbage (especially in comparison to his previous work), you would just be wrong

Nah, dude, this is because of a difference between black and white fans on average. Black fans aren't fucking loyal and they'll be quick to turn on somebody and stop buying their shit if they aren't up to snuff all the time. And they'll always move on to the next big thing/new shit. Whites are fans forever.

Loyalty is for the birds. Black people don't support shit to begin with but when we do it's only until you start to slip, that is the nature of the culture you are either the best or you aren't. White fans will support garbage because they liked them when they were a kid, and will continue to call someone the GOAT based on a project that came out when Bush was serving his first term.

And Nas? Nas is one of the most underrated GOATs to ever exist.
    No

Yeah and I see Kanye is a GOAT too.
    Welp then it's clearly just a difference in what GOAT means, to me you don't get to just take someones best shit and call them the GOAT if they continue to put out bad albums (poorly received by fans and critics) then they can't be an all-time great to me.

Comment

Haven't really liked an Em album since the Eminem show. Felt the rest after it sucked or were mediocre. Nothing to do with him being a saltine. Most people saying he sucks now say the same thing. I personally still put the eminem show in rotation every once in a while.
      Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

That is what happens when you refuse to compromise on your art. Like you said Kendrick is a rare breed that can do what he wants and still make it appeal to the masses.
      I missed this comment by accident. Kendrick is a result of several things Lupe has never done. Kendrick 2012-2013 war run where he was killing on features, when he jumped off the porch and took a chance with the control verse, Bet cypher, and to pimp a butterfly which came out at the right time. Alright became the slogan of a movement. These are the events that pushed him to his crown. If not for those events he would have a smaller following probably even faded out to a degree. Most people didn't even know section .80 existed prior to that year.
      Last edited by 40 acres; January 31st, 2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
        Haven't really liked an Em album since the Eminem show. Felt the rest after it sucked or were mediocre. Nothing to do with him being a saltine. Most people saying he sucks now say the same thing. I personally still put the eminem show in rotation every once in a while.

I missed this comment by accident. Kendrick is a result of several things Lupe has never done. Kendrick 2012-2013 war run where he was killing on features, when he jumped off the porch and took a chance with the control verse, Bet cypher, and to pimp a butterfly which came out at the right time. Alright became the slogan of a movement. These are the events that pushed him to his crown. If not for those events he would have a smaller following probably even faded out to a degree. Most people didn't even know section .80 existed prior to that year.
        Well that and he can actually make hits, I mean I love Lupe but his biggest hits are Kick Push,Superstar and Show Goes on. None of those were smash hits either. Meanwhile KDot had his whole album in the Billboard top 100.

Comment

Well that and he can actually make hits, I mean I love Lupe but his biggest hits are Kick Push,Superstar and Show Goes on. None of those were smash hits either. Meanwhile KDot had his whole album in the Billboard top 100.
          Well yeah that was what Damn was a mass appeal without compromising his style.I think he wanted to get back to his GKMC style vs stuck in that hard conscious category. Lupe albums definitely doesn't reach beyond a certain group because he is stuck in that category.
          Last edited by 40 acres; February 1st, 2018, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Well yeah that was what Damn was a mass appeal without compromising his style.I think he wanted to get back to his GKMC style vs stuck in that hard conscious category. Lupe albums definitely doesn't reach beyond a certain group because he is stuck in that category.
            Yup, not too many people are going to appreciate an overarching storyline that spans two albums about a nigga named Michael Young History whose father left him, then turned to the streets, was killed by his crew, was turned away at the gates of heaven, then came back as a zombie and it's almost exclusively told through metaphors. That is some real hip hop nerd shit.
            Last edited by EnemyOfDaState; February 1st, 2018, 01:32 AM.

Comment

What makes it funny-not-funny is that the same goofs giving Lu shit for being "too cerebral" turned around and gave him shit for releasing an album full of trap-style bangers in DROGAS Light for being "too basic" (as if it weren't obviously satire anyway, but aight). Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Full-on Catch-22. I don't blame him for getting out, tbh.

The bullshit w/ SC over "N.E.R.D." was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Still... I'm not mad. I'm disappointed that I won't get to listen to more albums from my personal favorite, but I ain't mad. The ride was fun while it lasted and it lasted damn near a decade (I was put onto the Fiasco in 2009? 2010? Thereabouts.).

Comment

Yup, not too many people are going to appreciate an overarching storyline that spans two albums about a nigga named Michael Young History whose father left him, then turned to the streets, was killed by his crew, was turned away at the gates of heaven, then came back as a zombie and it's almost exclusively told through metaphors. That is some real hip hop nerd shit.
                It's equal to a great novel that you won't read too many times. That most won't even feel up to using the Minor comprehension needed for it. I mean a lot of niggas don't want to be bothered to comprehend Kendrick bars let alone Lupe's abstract shit lol.
                Last edited by 40 acres; February 1st, 2018, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Pusha-T, Jadakiss, Banks, or Fab?

Comment

*goat emoji*

Comment

Fucking with this fashawn dude

Comment

Bodak Yellow>> this shit

Comment

rip rick ross and his clear cazals

Comment

fire.png
                            Last edited by Raniero; March 5th, 2018, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raniero View Post

fire.png
                              Logic the corniest nigga alive after maybe Hopsin, both trash tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by King John View Post

Logic the corniest nigga alive after maybe Hopsin, both trash tbh.
                                t.Joyner
                                Last edited by Raniero; March 10th, 2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Any fans of Big K.R.I.T. here? I don't care what anyone says, 'Forever is a Mighty Long Time' was the best rap album of 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerise View Post
                                        Imagine making a bracket with 64 Kanye songs and not including Two Words.

Comment

Imagine making a bracket with 64 Kanye songs and not including Two Words.
                                          Eh its not the end of the world tbh

Comment

Working...
                                          X