Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Yeah, most of the shows you mentioned weren't exactly low-budget. I was just being flippant. Although... the production value of, say, "Battle of the Bastards" really does make the other shows look like they were shot by a high-schooler with baby's first camcorder. The scenery was breathtaking and the choreo on point.
    too bad they don't put that effort into making the dragons not look like dogshit
    Magikarp was here, Doctor. is a faggot

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

too bad they don't put that effort into making the dragons not look like dogshit
      Dafuq?
      Liking the show or not is one thing, but the dragon CGI is pretty damn fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by znjfl View Post

Dafuq?
        Liking the show or not is one thing, but the dragon CGI is pretty damn fantastic.
        it has its good moments

and it has its not so good moments

Comment

• The dragons are computer-generated? Huh. Thought they were just highly-paid animal actors.
          Last edited by Oneiros; September 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

The dragons are computer-generated? Huh. Thought they were just highly-paid animal actors.
            it's just a guy in a costume, dumbfuck

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

it's just a guy in a costume, dumbfuck
              Truuu

Comment

Yeah, most of the shows you mentioned weren't exactly low-budget. I was just being flippant. Although... the production value of, say, "Battle of the Bastards" really does make the other shows look like they were shot by a high-schooler with baby's first camcorder. The scenery was breathtaking and the choreo on point.
                It wouldn't be fair to compare shows to that. GOT gets it because it's a juggernaut. There was nothing like Battle of the Bastards or the Dragon Assault on The Masters in S1, S2, or S3 (Which, though very well-made and budgeted, was nothing too out of the ordinary for a premium cable channel.)

It's when S4 and onward when they were entering blockbuster territory ( Not to mention the effects, it cost a fuckton of cash to keep the cast on the show.) Dinklage and Clarke were making a mil per episode, and they were negotiating to get more . Like God damn.

If this was AMC the producer would of backhanded the shit out of them if he heard them talk crazy shit like that. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

It wouldn't be fair to compare shows to that. GOT gets it because it's a juggernaut. There was nothing like Battle of the Bastards or the Dragon Assault on The Masters in S1, S2, or S3 (Which, though very well-made and budgeted, was nothing too out of the ordinary for a premium cable channel.)

It's when S4 and onward when they were entering blockbuster territory ( Not to mention the effects, it cost a fuckton of cash to keep the cast on the show.) Dinklage and Clarke were making a mil per episode, and they were negotiating to get more . Like God damn.

If this was AMC the producer would of backhanded the shit out of them if he heard them talk crazy shit like that. lol.
                  Funny thing is, GoT's budget has once again skyrocketed since due to global syndication. As of S7, the allotted budget per episode is reportedly $10 million, with the major actors who have yet to be killed off (e.g. Dinklage, Clarke, Harington, Headey, Coster-Waldau) raking in a staggering $2.5 million each--I shit you not--which makes them the highest-paid television actors in history, lol.

Yeah, even guys like Bryan Cranston and Andrew Lincoln would probably get told to go take a hike over on AMC (or any other non-HBO studio, really). Ha ha
                  Last edited by Oneiros; September 11th, 2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Funny thing is, GoT's budget has once again skyrocketed since due to global syndication. As of S7, the allotted budget per episode is reportedly $10 million, with the major actors who have yet to be killed off (e.g. Dinklage, Clarke, Harington, Headey, Coster-Waldau) raking in a staggering $2.5 million each--I shit you not--which makes them the highest-paid television actors in history, lol.

Yeah, even guys like Bryan Cranston and Andrew Lincoln would probably get told to go take a hike over on AMC (or any other non-HBO studio, really). Ha ha
                    Damn it's even higher? Like I get that they're the stars of the show but like...if I was a producer I be looking to replace them at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

Damn it's even higher? Like I get that they're the stars of the show but like...if I was a producer I be looking to replace them at that point.
                      Yuppp. Apparently, Dinklage and Clarke's money talks fell through so they "only" made $500 grand an episode throughout S6. However, the start of S7 (i.e., post-syndication) was when their contracts were renegotiated and their salaries literally quintupled. Also, nah; it's still pocket change compared to what the director and producers themselves make. I read somewhere that GoT brings in a net total of about $1 billion annually, all things considered. $2.5 mil(*5) is inconsequential.
                      Last edited by Oneiros; September 11th, 2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Just goes to show that even with (allegedly) billion dollar budget, GoT can't match Dragon Ball Super. Super Shenrons animation> GoT dragon animation.

Comment

• Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                          Just goes to show that even with (allegedly) billion dollar budget, GoT can't match Dragon Ball Super. Super Shenrons animation> GoT dragon animation.
                          I know you're not that bright, but a billion in revenue =/= a billion-dollar budget. Hell, even a billion in profit would =/= a billion-dollar budget. The actual budget is approximately $60 million, of which a mere fraction was reserved for CGI. Speaking of disproportionate quality, however; doesn't Super have the largest budget in the anime world and still look like it was drawn by a 3rd grader on MS Paint? Or is it that they didn't bother putting in any effort whatsoever because they knew that DB fans (e.g. you) are brain-dead sheep who'd continue watching regardless of the shenanigans they pulled? Either way, you look the faggot.
                          Last edited by Oneiros; September 11th, 2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

that DB fans (e.g. you) are brain-dead sheep who'd continue watching regardless of the shenanigans they pulled? Either way, you look the faggot.
                            well tbf, same could be said about the the majority of GoT's audience

Comment

I know you're not that bright, but a billion in revenue =/= a billion-dollar budget. Hell, even a billion in profit would =/= a billion-dollar budget. The actual budget is approximately $60 million, of which a mere fraction was reserved for CGI. Speaking of disproportionate quality, however; doesn't Super have the largest budget in the anime world and still look like it was drawn by a 3rd grader on MS Paint? Or is it that they didn't bother putting in any effort whatsoever because they knew that DB fans (e.g. you) are brain-dead sheep who'd continue watching regardless of the shenanigans they pulled? Either way, you look the faggot.
                              You do know the Zamasu arc was better than early seasons of GoT, right? The complex emotional journey Zamasu underwent as a God was beyond anything JJ Abrams could conjure up in his little demented head. While the creator of GoT was playing with his turtles, Akira was making the best TV show ever conceived by man.

Comment

• Originally posted by DurdenH View Post

well tbf, same could be said about the the majority of GoT's audience
                                That's because a sizable portion of them are casuals who got on the hype train because "everyone else is doing it" and didn't actually read the source material. People who've also read the books are generally less cancerous than the show-only fags.

That being said, regardless of D&D royally mucking things about in S5 and onward (on that note, they might actually make GoT great again in S8 due to the two-year hiatus and possible release of TWoW in the meantime), the visuals alone are ocularly masturbatory. Hence me not feeling the need to spew my nerdrage on this forum--there is a silver lining, and what a beautiful one it is.

Comment

You do know the Zamasu arc was better than early seasons of GoT, right? The complex emotional journey Zamasu underwent as a God was beyond anything JJ Abrams could conjure up in his little demented head. While the creator of GoT was playing with his turtles, Akira was making the best TV show ever conceived by man.
                                  You know what, maybe Kim Jong-un is onto something. Maybe a nuclear apocalypse wouldn't be so bad after all.

Comment

You know what, maybe Kim Jong-un is onto something. Maybe a nuclear apocalypse wouldn't be so bad after all.
                                    Cynical as usual. I'm already bored.

Comment

Cynical as usual. I'm already bored.
                                      Actually have something of value to add for once if you're looking for an earnest conversation. lol

Comment

Actually have something of value to add for once if you're looking for an earnest conversation. lol
                                        Well shot, cowboy.

Comment

Working...
                                        X