Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel might get the rights to the X-Men & Fantastic 4 back from Fox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Originally posted by Snap View Post

    Get a FFXIV account and you're set for life
    Who says I'm not a level a level 85 Au Ra?

    Comment


    • #82
      Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

      My understanding is that Disney realizes streaming is the future so they want as many properties as possible so they have enough original content to start their own service. If that happens I think you will see lots of characters switching between the big screen and small screen over the years. For example if Robert Downey decides he wants a bunch of money they could just recast the character for a TV show and move one of their other characters up to the big league. Disney is in this for the endgame while Fox is banking on people continuing to by cable to watch Fox News and Fox Sports.
      Doubt it some of these characters take a huge budget to maintain. If the show is not putting out the profit to match the effort they won't do it. They like tv because you can make a lot with a cheaper budget. Characters like Punisher, blade, and ghost rider are ideally perfect for lots of money on lower budgets.

      Comment


      • #83
        Originally posted by Cid View Post

        Who says I'm not a level a level 85 Au Ra?
        The level 70 cap says that

        Good taste in race, though

        Comment


        • #84
          Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

          Thor 3 did not suck. But the tone still had the same tone as the last few movies. Difference was unlike gotg2 and homecoming he didn't try to be a corny ass comedian every single scene. It was balanced with action. Overall it was alright. But again it still falls into the same category completely predictable stories that you can see the whole movie in the commercial. A movie you go just to see with limited options in sight. Not to mention you can take you kid with you.

          People want to see movies that go off the rails of the genre deadpool, Logan, and winter soldier. These three films can be completely classified as unique within the genre. At the same time rare because they are considered risks even winter soldier. Less likely to bring in the family unit. I don't care about more superhero movies but looking for a way stronger variety.
          Sure, you can have that opinion.

          I mean, it doesn't mean you're right though.

          Marvel has been exploring a range of genre with their movies. You've had the predominate family-friendly action flicks, but they've also explored heavy, character driven plots with Iron Man 3, space operas with the Guradians films, a play on a heist film with Ant-Man, a teenage coming-age-story with Spider-Man, and now a buddy comedy with Thor 3. Let's be real, 40... You're heavily biased against the Marvel franchise for whatever reason and you always have been. We know the song and dance already, you ignore the critical response, paint it as some kind of pro-Marvel conspiracy, you claim the movies only make money because they're kid-friendly despite a majority of the sales coming from adults that watched them multiple times, and you try your best to paint the movies as shallow, predictable, and you keep saying after every new film that the movie isn't good or "did not suck" at best. Your opinions on these films couldn't be any more partisan.

          With all that said, you cannot possibly make the claim that the Winter Soldier was the only unique film in the franchise because that's such an absurd assertion that it's actually hilarious to even contemplate how you could draw the conclusion to begin with.

          Comment


          • #85
            Originally posted by Snap View Post

            The level 70 cap says that

            Good taste in race, though
            Yeah, I don't even know what an Au Ra is.

            Comment


            • Snap
              Snap commented
              Editing a comment
              lol

          • #86
            Originally posted by Cid View Post

            Sure, you can have that opinion.

            I mean, it doesn't mean you're right though.

            Marvel has been exploring a range of genre with their movies. You've had the predominate family-friendly action flicks, but they've also explored heavy, character driven plots with Iron Man 3, space operas with the Guradians films, a play on a heist film with Ant-Man, a teenage coming-age-story with Spider-Man, and now a buddy comedy with Thor 3. Let's be real, 40... You're heavily biased against the Marvel franchise for whatever reason and you always have been. We know the song and dance already, you ignore the critical response, paint it as some kind of pro-Marvel conspiracy, you claim the movies only make money because they're kid-friendly despite a majority of the sales coming from adults that watched them multiple times, and you try your best to paint the movies as shallow, predictable, and you keep saying after every new film that the movie isn't good or "did not suck" at best. Your opinions on these films couldn't be any more partisan.

            With all that said, you cannot possibly make the claim that the Winter Soldier was the only unique film in the franchise because that's such an absurd assertion that it's actually hilarious to even contemplate how you could draw the conclusion to begin with.
            Iron man 3 was the start of the worse trend in marvel. The over reliance of telling corny ass jokes over producing a film. As for your accusation think what you want. But just know that my decisions on what movie I like has shit to do with the brand but the movie itself. For one I already mentioned I don't even really care about justice league. I way more hyped about punisher. Who cares if millions of people praise it so much retarded shit mass produced doesn't make it quality at all. The last few movies are equal to the mass produced disney princess movies made over the years. Shallow representations of the genres you are trying to link them too.

            Winter soldier was hands down the best marvel brand film they have made. It followed none of the trends marvel usually followed(still follows) and had a way better storyline than any of them. It is so far the most unique film in the franchise. No two hours of characters acting like they have down syndrome to distract from the fact the plot is weak.

            Comment


            • #87
              Originally posted by Cid View Post

              No. I'm going to keep sitting in my computer chair, eating cheetos, and masturbating to anime.
              Meme'ing aside anybody over the age of 5 that actually eats cheetos needs to swallow mothballs this instance.

              Comment


              • #88
                Originally posted by Rabum Alal View Post

                Meme'ing aside anybody over the age of 5 that actually eats cheetos needs to swallow mothballs this instance.
                But what about cheese dusted fingers?

                Comment


                • #89
                  Originally posted by Cid View Post

                  But what about cheese dusted fingers?
                  Doritos

                  Comment


                  • #90
                    Originally posted by Rabum Alal View Post

                    Doritos
                    It's just not the same. D:

                    Comment


                    • #91
                      Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                      Spawn is getting reboot
                      Wait wut???

                      Comment


                      • #92
                        Originally posted by Redx View Post
                        Wait wut???
                        Yeah it's getting a reboot and Todd mcfarlane doing it himself. But from what I read it's going to be a low budget flick. So I would be on the fence about it. Albeit some of the best superhero flicks to come out is low budget.

                        Comment


                        • #93
                          Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                          Yeah it's getting a reboot and Todd mcfarlane doing it himself. But from what I read it's going to be a low budget flick. So I would be on the fence about it. Albeit some of the best superhero flicks to come out is low budget.
                          Well Horror films tend to work best as low budget films and Spawn should definitely be horror/superhero so I think he can pull it off.

                          Comment


                          • #94
                            Originally posted by Redx View Post
                            Well Horror films tend to work best as low budget films and Spawn should definitely be horror/superhero so I think he can pull it off.
                            The early part of spawn can work on that level. But spawn gets pretty crazy powerful deeper into the comics storyline. But overall yeah it can work. Cheaper storyline forces more focus on a stronger storyline than special effects.

                            Comment


                            • #95
                              Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                              The early part of spawn can work on that level. But spawn gets pretty crazy powerful deeper into the comics storyline. But overall yeah it can work. Cheaper storyline forces more focus on a stronger storyline than special effects.
                              Well yeah this should just be an origin story. It would probably work better if it showcased his life & death as a human for the first movie. Then depending on how much it makes he can go crazy with all the demonic stuff in the sequel.

                              Comment


                              • #96
                                Guys, it looks like it's happening. They're closing in on a deal. It's supposed to be officially announced next week.

                                https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disn...--sources.html

                                Comment

                                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x

                                Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

                                Registration Image Refresh Image
                                Working...
                                X