X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel might get the rights to the X-Men & Fantastic 4 back from Fox

So...this is happening...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st...y-sources.html

Maybe we'll see them in the MCU if this goes down.
    Last edited by Redx; November 7th, 2017, 10:47 AM.

Disney is on its way to ruling the fucking world.

Comment

If this happens movies like deadpool and Logan will go bye bye though.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
        If this happens movies like deadpool and Logan will go bye bye though.
        Why?

Disney is a media conglomerate and they've always had multiple arms. They owned Miramax, for example. Technically, Pulp Fiction is a Disney film. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Why?

Disney is a media conglomerate and they've always had multiple arms. They owned Miramax, for example. Technically, Pulp Fiction is a Disney film. Lol
          Never knew that. But if they include xmen into the mcu which is a good thing they will definitely opt out of the grittier superhero films. That is a bit different than the situation you are describing. Albeit movies go away you might get a netflix series. So there is that.

Comment

They're only doing this cause Fox is killing it with X-men.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Why?

The problem is that super heroes will be much more marketable, and in order to increase their wider appeal, they would become more one note and PG-13 at most. There wouldn't be experimental and unique films like Logan and Deadpool, because they'd like to maximize profit

This doesn't have to necessarily be true, but I can't see Disney making Logan or Deadpool. i nfact, there are several times were Directors had a vision for a marvel movie, yet Disney turned it down.

Comment

Never knew that. But if they include xmen into the mcu which is a good thing they will definitely opt out of the grittier superhero films. That is a bit different than the situation you are describing. Albeit movies go away you might get a netflix series. So there is that.
                Lets be honest Logan is the exception not the norm, the vast majority of those X-Men movies have been ass juice and the FF movies have been worse.
                "Working-class poor better keep your alarm set, streets too loud to ever hear freedom ring, say evacuate your sleep, it's dangerous to dream."

Comment

Not to mention at this point wouldn't Disney be violating some Anti-trust laws? One company owns Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, ESPN, and ABC? Now Fox? They'd own Family Guy, Simpsons, X-Men, Avatar, Fox Sports, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Lets be honest Logan is the exception not the norm, the vast majority of those X-Men movies have been ass juice and the FF movies have been worse.
                    Logan is the result of hitting the bottom. Logan and Deadpool would never have been made if Fox wasn't in a place where they had try anything to get out the hole they dug. So they had to push the line to stay in the competition. The result was one good movie and one movie that has been dark knight level praised. Disney won't take those chances on the big screen they go with their formula. Which does work for them but the shit gets predictable. Nobody wants to see a bunch of movies with the same style. That would push this genre to a quick death lol. It would be joining kungfu movies, and westerns in retirement.
                    Originally posted by Zemoco View Post

The problem is that super heroes will be much more marketable, and in order to increase their wider appeal, they would become more one note and PG-13 at most. There wouldn't be experimental and unique films like Logan and Deadpool, because they'd like to maximize profit

This doesn't have to necessarily be true, but I can't see Disney making Logan or Deadpool. i nfact, there are several times were Directors had a vision for a marvel movie, yet Disney turned it down.
                    Yep disney reasoning for purchasing marvel was to balance out the princess section of their attractions with a male equivalent in superheros. All of this is about revenue with them. They won't take a rated R route because it is not in there interest to do so.
                    Last edited by 40 acres; November 7th, 2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Logan is the result of hitting the bottom. Logan and Deadpool would never have been made if Fox wasn't in a place where they had try anything to get out the hole they dug. So they had to push the line to stay in the competition. The result was one good movie and one movie that has been dark knight level praised. Disney won't take those chances on the big screen they go with their formula. Which does work for them but the shit gets predictable. Nobody wants to see a bunch of movies with the same style. That would push this genre to a quick death lol. It would be joining kungfu movies, and westerns in retirement.

Yep disney reasoning for purchasing marvel was to balance out the princess section of their attractions with a male equivalent in superheros. All of this is about revenue with them. They won't take a rated R route because it is not in there interest to do so.
                      I mean yeah Marvel is getting stagnant but they also aren't going to release 5 or 6 shitty movies. To me it is a matter of preference, if you are an X-men fan would you rather have 5-6 average to above average movies or 5-6 garbage films and one masterpiece (by superhero standards)? I would gladly live in a world with no "Logan" if that world also didn't have an "X-men Origins" and a "Last Stand".
                      "Working-class poor better keep your alarm set, streets too loud to ever hear freedom ring, say evacuate your sleep, it's dangerous to dream."

Comment

I mean yeah Marvel is getting stagnant but they also aren't going to release 5 or 6 shitty movies. To me it is a matter of preference, if you are an X-men fan would you rather have 5-6 average to above average movies or 5-6 garbage films and one masterpiece (by superhero standards)? I would gladly live in a world with no "Logan" if that world also didn't have an "X-men Origins" and a "Last Stand".
                        You forget fox pioneered this shit. They jumped off the porch first and experimented first. The result a lot of terrible movies. In fact this whole genre didn't exactly until the nolan series where we received consecutive watchable movies. In comparison to back then everything is fire.

Also fox current track record is not bad. First class pretty dope, days of future past debatable(I don't particularly like it but it gets praise)l, trash apacolpyse, deadpool, and logan.

Comment

You forget fox pioneered this shit. They jumped off the porch first and experimented first. The result a lot of terrible movies. In fact this whole genre didn't exactly until the nolan series where we received consecutive watchable movies. In comparison to back then everything is fire.

Meh, nobody ever gives Blade any credit which came out two years before the first X-Men movie and is still one of the best.

Also fox current track record is not bad. First class pretty dope, days of future past debatable(I don't particularly like it but it gets praise)l, trash apacolpyse, deadpool, and logan.
                          We will just have to chalk it up to different taste because I have disliked all the FF movies and all of the X-Men movies outside of 1,2 and First class also DareDevil and Elecktra are garbage. Not to mention Sony who gave us all of those shitty Spiderman movies and Ghost Rider movies. Getting it right a couple times doesn't change the fact that Marvel has proven to be better with their characters then anyone else.

Comment

Meh, nobody ever gives Blade any credit which came out two years before the first X-Men movie and is still one of the best.
                            I said consecutive releases. I knew Blade would come up lol.

We will just have to chalk it up to different taste because I have disliked all the FF movies and all of the X-Men movies outside of 1,2 and First class also DareDevil and Elecktra are garbage. Not to mention Sony who gave us all of those shitty Spiderman movies and Ghost Rider movies. Getting it right a couple times doesn't change the fact that Marvel has proven to be better with their characters then anyone else.
                            Disney puts out more campy movies than actually legit bangers. Most of this shit you watch once and never watch again. Ironman and winter soldier the only two that held that appeal to me. The rest seem like a mass produced formula. The x films has a lot of trash but at least you get some shit outside of the mold lately.

Comment

I said consecutive releases. I knew Blade would come up lol.

Disney puts out more campy movies than actually legit bangers. Most of this shit you watch once and never watch again. Ironman and winter soldier the only two that held that appeal to me. The rest seem like a mass produced formula. The x films has a lot of trash but at least you get some shit outside of the mold lately.
                              Naw I don't give brownie points for trying something new if what you try is garbage. That was my big issue with DC, I don't even like comicbook Superman and was happy that they didn't just remake the Donner films which were awesome for their time but are dated, the problem (for me) is that the direction they went wasn't good. I will take consistently average, over creative trash.

Comment

Naw I don't give brownie points for trying something new if what you try is garbage. That was my big issue with DC, I don't even like comicbook Superman and was happy that they didn't just remake the Donner films which were awesome for their time but are dated, the problem (for me) is that the direction they went wasn't good. I will take consistently average, over creative trash.
                                Logan and Deadpool is not garbage though which is my point. Films completely dedicated to the characters true personalities not watered down. They embody the spirit of the blade franchise better than anything else that has came out.

As for superman man of steel was dope. Batman vs superman was convoluted with great imagery. Snyder writing is not worth much but his imagery and the way he displays the actual super hero aspects of this genre is some of the best. Honestly his writing is no stupider than some of the actual storylines that come out in comics. The real takeaway from the movie was actually Lex Luthor. Villain drives the film and Eisenberg crashed the bus off a cliff with his portrayal.

Nah fuck that average factory line up shit. I want to see a superhero get their cap peeled back on camera.

Comment

Logan and Deadpool is not garbage though which is my point. Films completely dedicated to the characters true personalities not watered down. They embody the spirit of the blade franchise better than anything else that has came out.
                                  And my point is that it took them literally decades to come up with those films after a bunch of trash, if your point is that given enough chances it is possible for Fox to make a non shitty superhero movie then fine I agree. Lets not act like that is the norm though, because we both know Fox is going to release two or three more pg13 crappy X-Men movies by the end of next year.

[As for superman man of steel was dope. Batman vs superman was convoluted with great imagery. Snyder writing is not worth much but his imagery and the way he displays the actual super hero aspects of this genre is some of the best. Honestly his writing is no stupider than some of the actual storylines that come out in comics. The real takeaway from the movie was actually Lex Luthor. Villain drives the film and Eisenberg crashed the bus off a cliff with his portrayal.

Nah fuck that average factory line up shit. I want to see a superhero get their cap peeled back on camera.
                                  Man of Steel is one of the most boring movies I have ever watched in my life, at one point during the childhood flashbacks I was pretty sure I was watching a movie about a future school shooter. There was no fun, no life and terrible acting. Snyder could have jerked off for 2 hours while screaming "Superman is Jesus" and it still would have been less in your face then what he actually did in that film. BvS is no better or worse then stuff like Thor or Iron Man 3, I have no idea why people give it so much shit while jerking off MOS which is pretentious shit.

Comment

And my point is that it took them literally decades to come up with those films after a bunch of trash, if your point is that given enough chances it is possible for Fox to make a non shitty superhero movie then fine I agree. Lets not act like that is the norm though, because we both know Fox is going to release two or three more pg13 crappy X-Men movies by the end of next year.
                                    The next two movies are dead pool 2 and the new mutants neither falls into the normal. As for how many bad ones they have outputted you are exaggerating. There have been 10 movies out of those 10 xmen, xmen 2, first class, days of future past, deadpool , and Logan are all successful films. Only four are considered bust really three because the wolverine was successful too.

Man of Steel is one of the most boring movies I have ever watched in my life, at one point during the childhood flashbacks I was pretty sure I was watching a movie about a future school shooter. There was no fun, no life and terrible acting. Snyder could have jerked off for 2 hours while screaming "Superman is Jesus" and it still would have been less in your face then what he actually did in that film. BvS is no better or worse then stuff like Thor or Iron Man 3, I have no idea why people give it so much shit while jerking off MOS which is pretentious shit.
                                    I liked man of steel way better most of the corny ass comedian films like spiderman homecoming. Superman is a boring ass character outside of being superman anyways. The film did exactly what is suppose to do show superman in action. I don't give a fuck if he can't tell jokes. Nor do I need an abundance of time spent on his childhood shit has been done to death.

Comment

The next two movies are dead pool 2 and the new mutants neither falls into the normal. As for how many bad ones they have outputted you are exaggerating. There have been 10 movies out of those 10 xmen, xmen 2, first class, days of future past, deadpool , and Logan are all successful films. Only four are considered bust really three because the wolverine was successful too.

As I said it is just a difference of taste because I am sure people liked some of the Fox X-Men movies that I hated, hell apparently some people think the Raimi Spiderman movies are good while I thought they were all trash.

I liked man of steel way better most of the corny ass comedian films like spiderman homecoming. Superman is a boring ass character outside of being superman anyways. The film did exactly what is suppose to do show superman in action. I don't give a fuck if he can't tell jokes. Nor do I need an abundance of time spent on his childhood shit has been done to death.
                                      Bruh that movie had like 15 minutes of action the vast majority of that film was Clark moping around like a bitch, flashbacks of his terrible childhood and people sitting around talking. I will never forget after Zod invaded and this nigga decided to go to church for five minutes of the film for no other reason then Snyder wanted a shot in his movie of Superman standing in a church with the distorted image of Jesus in the background.

Comment

Sorry, I'm too bitter to care anymore after these past few years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X