Sooo I saw the movie IT.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo I saw the movie IT.

It was good, amazing like people are making it out to be? No, but good nonetheless. This movie was more thriller-esque than it was scary at least to me. Only like 2 jumpscares REALLY got me good, the projector and the sewer. The rest of the "jumpscares" were kind of predictable but at the same time execution was pretty good. It follows the novel pretty much, depending on if you liked the novel to begin with it can either be hit or miss but I for one like the mythology behind pennywise in general so yeah story was was good to me.

8/10

Good movie if you're looking for some scares and creepy shit, entertaining for the most part overall.
    I am the ultimate insanity!! I AM CARNAGE!!

>stephen king

ayy
    Magikarp was here, Doctor. is a faggot

Comment

• Saffron
      Saffron commented
      Editing a comment
      the funny part is that u said that to me after I asked u if u read it in a mal convo

• Doctor.
      Doctor. commented
      Editing a comment
      I havent read it

Stephen king is gay cuz /lit/ memes tell me so

• Ouroboros
      Ouroboros commented
      Editing a comment
      @Doctor.

You would be wise to not believe in everything /lit/ shitposts about. Every board has its retards.

That is nice to hear, as someone who thought the original TV mini series was more funny then scary this looks like it will be a significant improvement.
    "Bernie Sanders need a Nike deal, then I might consider that he might be real, if Phil Knight knight him then I might like him, until then children enjoy the white icing on the cake, cake, cake, cake, cake"

Comment

Heading to late night screening

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was pretty great.

Comment

Pretty good. I saw it in a crowded movie theater full of black people, so it was basically a comedy.

Comment

Saw it again, yeah it was pretty good. I missed a few things the first time which is weird but overall I gotta say this pennywise definitely shits on the old pennywise. The old Pennywise definitely lived up to the clown part but he was overboard imho, especially as you get older and realize how fucking retarded old pennywise acted, the new pennywise is more balanced, silly sometimes corny but it's tolerable all while being extremely creepy as fuck.

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
            Pretty good. I saw it in a crowded movie theater full of black people, so it was basically a comedy.
            BRUH lmfao

Comment

6/10 Liked the original better

Comment

More interested in Skarsgård's take on Pennywise than anything else, but I guess the modern-er special effects and lack of campiness (relative to the original) also warrant giving it a shot.

Comment

I liked derpy eyed pennywise. Perdy good remake for a change.
                  http://kinasin.tumblr.com/

Comment

Speaking of derpy eyes he actually does have derpy eyes quite alot especially when he feeds lol

Comment

Yeah evrybodys been saying it was legit. Def wanna check it out.

Comment

You'll float too.

9/10

I enjoyed IT.

Comment

Helly did you check this out? I've been meaning to talk about it with you for a while.
                          Never forgetti

Originally posted by Kaijin_Style
                          Also do me a favor and don't kill yourself. I like to watch my enemies suffer an agonizing death but ya know since you are in mexico, seeing you bitch and whine about your feelings is the next best thing. Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

I'll finally be able to see it (pun not intended, ha ha... ha) tomorrow. Kinda crazy how It toppled the long-standing king, The Exorcist, as the highest-grossing horror movie of all time, domestically. Mad hyped.

Comment

Just don't go in expecting scary per say, it's more of a coming of age story with a pinch of suspense and dread coming with Pennywise.

A lot of people compare it to Stand by Me and the Goonies, and while I haven't seen the Goonies I have seen Stand by Me and it does have that feel.

Comment

Not all that surprised, really, considering the 1990 miniseries wasn't exactly "scary" either (I haven't read this particular King novel, so I can't really determine whether that's good or bad). That being said, I sincerely hope the movie isn't as campy as the miniseries. Not being scary in the traditional sense is one thing, but a horror movie being outright silly is a whole another thing altogether.
                                Last edited by Oneiros; October 3rd, 2017, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                                  Not all that surprised, really, considering the 1990 miniseries wasn't exactly "scary" either (I haven't read this particular King novel, so I can't really determine whether that's good or bad). That being said, I sincerely hope the movie isn't as campy as the miniseries. Not being scary in the traditional sense is one thing, but a horror movie being outright silly is a whole another thing altogether.
                                  It pulls it off way better than the original, lol. The 1990 one doesn't even compare.
                                  Never forgetti

Also do me a favor and don't kill yourself. I like to watch my enemies suffer an agonizing death but ya know since you are in mexico, seeing you bitch and whine about your feelings is the next best thing. Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

It pulls it off way better than the original, lol. The 1990 one doesn't even compare.
                                    That is because of the production difference nbc used to show that movie annually and it fucked me up as a kid. Before I got desensitized to horror films It and nightmare on elm Street the first one lol. Regular TV used to love showing horror movies. No they are just boring to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

That is because of the production difference nbc used to show that movie annually and it fucked me up as a kid. Before I got desensitized to horror films It and nightmare on elm Street the first one lol. Regular TV used to love showing horror movies. No they are just boring to me.
                                      That's basically why anyone thought it was scary, because they were young and haven't seen all the worse stuff yet. Seems like It was a lot of people's first horror movies, at least of the people I know.

Seriously, in pre-school I remember playing with a first grader, and we were hunting the clown.
                                      Never forgetti

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                      Auto-Saved
                                      x
                                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                      Working...
                                      X