• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel's Luke Cage

Anyone been watching it?

I keep hearing bad things. lol
    Originally posted by Snap
    "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheko View Post
      That's weird, I have only heard good things so far

Comment

Really? What kind of bad things?

Comment

Originally posted by Chibz View Post

Really? What kind of bad things?
          That it tries too hard. A lot of dialogue is cringe. Main character is dull compared to other hero shows.

Comment

Main character is dull compared to other hero shows.
            This is the complaint that I see constantly popping up. A shame too, considering that I've enjoyed his work in The Good Wife.

Comment

http://screenrant.com/the-punisher-n...ng-set-photos/

Comment

Luke cage is the shit. Comes off like a old school film at times.

Comment

Luke Cage was dope af.

I think a large part of people's dislike for it(if such lames exist) is the difference in culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
                    Luke Cage was dope af.

I think a large part of people's dislike for it(if such lames exist) is the difference in culture.
                    I actually love it for that, not cause I'm standing up for it but I've just always loved that kind of vibe in this type of media.

First episode was nice. Slow, but a nice stroll to the hook, enough to keep me interested until things got real. Definitely on my watch list.
                    In my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
                      Luke Cage was dope af.

13+ hours of "muh blackness" is hard to pull off if you're not The Wire but it's still getting good reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                        Luke cage is the shit. Comes off like a old school film at times.
                        Yeah tbh even though the dialogue can be quite cringe at times the show is legit. Luke is great and Cottonmouth is even better.

And all the music is just great.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiroyasha View Post
                          Yeah tbh even though the dialogue can be quite cringe at times the show is legit. Luke is great and Cottonmouth is even better.

And all the music is just great.
                          I've never cringed once, though I guess that's just me.

Blasting Wu Tang during a raid, though? Now that's badass.
                          In my mind...

Comment

Just finished the first episode and it's cool so far. Honestly this seems like something that is meant to appeal to people other than neck beards (my uncle is 50 something and he put me on the show). I can see why people who love the less grounded DC and Marvel movie universe would dislike it.

Comment

That it tries too hard. A lot of dialogue is cringe. Main character is dull compared to other hero shows.
                              The earlier episodes where he kept deferring to Black History every-time he did something was cringy as shit. But, they dropped that shit early on. It's a solid series with a slow start, but get's into the swing of it around episode 3.
                              Last edited by Tomie; October 5th, 2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomie View Post

The earlier episodes where he kept deferring to Black History every-time he did something was cringy as shit. But, they dropped that shit early on. It's a solid series with a slow start, but get's into the swing of it around episode 3.
                                So somewhere between Jessica Jones and Daredevil?

Comment

Luke Cage is too black for Sheko.

Comment

I love it , especially the method man scene , shit was hilarious.

Phone foo! lol

Comment

Haven't started this yet, but I'm expecting it to be solid. Not Arrow/The Flash/Daredevil good, but Jessica Jones good. So, an easy 7.

Comment

This is relevant.

Comment

Working...
                                        X