landa was the only gud part
      confirmed goober

Comment

Donnie Brasco
        Flipper - Falling

Comment

reservoir dogs
          killbill pt.1 and 2

they were decent enough. think i prefer reservoir dogs mostly because kb can't decide on a tone to save its life. still, they were pretty far from great. starting to think pulp fiction was just a fluke.

might as well watch all of quentin's other movies while i'm at it
          Last edited by Doctor.; May 9th, 2018, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Rush (1991)

pretty great
            Flipper - Falling

Comment

django unchained

pretty gud, movie started losing me during its last third, but it had a pretty explosive start

Comment

the hateful 8

decent i guess, a bit too long, could have been trimmed here and there, some parts were a bit boring

Comment

Looper.

Nonsensical, albeit fairly entertaining, if you're not a total try-hard like me. I will say that Gordon-Levitt's squint was a great stylistic choice not only because it's a Willis trademark, but also because his co-star from 3rd Rock made it "cool" before it was cool, and comes across as an unintentional(?) double entendre twiceover.
                  Last edited by Oneiros; May 13th, 2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Black Panther :P

Comment

Death Proof. That was the worst one yet. Dialogue was interesting enough to keep me engaged, but it really was a bit of a chore.

Only Jackie Brown to go.

Comment

Just caught up on the last few Marvel Movies I missed (ant man, black panther, Thor 3). Now I can finally see Infinity War and Ant Man & Wasp.
                        Also watched the new Jumanji.
                        How many children do you think the game ate between when Alan Parish threw the game away in 1969 an when Alex's dad picked up the game in 1996?
                        Alex was playing for 20 years, sure. But Alan Parish played for 26 years, when it was a fucking board game. lol
                        Makes you wonder what it was before it was a board game...
                        Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                        Culpa's Twitch Channel!
                        PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
                          watched inglourious basterds

landa was the only gud part
                          I, too, found IB to be nothing but hype.
                          The acting was good. But the story and overall product felt meh to me. Not my favorite piece by Tarantino.
                          Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                          Culpa's Twitch Channel!
                          PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post

I, too, found IB to be nothing but hype.
                            The acting was good. But the story and overall product felt meh to me. Not my favorite piece by Tarantino.
                            I think it suffers from the same problem as Kill Bill though to a lesser extent, in that it can't really decide on a tone; whether to portray the SS and Nazi Germany as a joke or a serious oppressive regime. The introductory scene and the Shosanna subplot makes you think the latter but the portrayal of Hitler and Goebbels, not to mention Pitt's team, makes you think the former. It mostly settles on a comedic and cheesy tone all the way through, without never taking itself too seriously beyond the first scene, which I appreciate. In comparison, Kill Bill's tone just keeps flip-flopping around. Waltz's and Pitt's performances really are what make the movie, but I can't say there's much there beyond them. I like the extra effort to portray conversations in various languages.

If I had to rank the Tarantino films:
                            Pulp Fiction (need to rewatch it, though)
                            Django
                            Reservoir Dogs
                            Hateful Eight
                            Inglourious Basterds
                            Kill Bill
                            Deathproof

Still need to see how Jackie Brown holds up.

Comment

My list is similar, but kill bill is higher, django is a tiny bit lower, and tsukiyaki western django is the top.
                              Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                              Culpa's Twitch Channel!

Comment

The Revenant. Decent, albeit flawed. Leo's performance is what elevates the film. Still not very memorable, though.

Comment

Godzilla: Final Wars

Unapologetically fun in its chaotic nature. With this entry, I have officially seen every released Godzilla film.

Comment

look at all these nerds watching movies

Comment

I saw moonrise kingdom a few days back. Not too bad

Comment

I recently re watched Get Out, movie might legit be in my to 3 all-time horror movies. I remember when the trailer was first posted on this site and I mocked it, guess you should never judge a book by its cover.
                                        Not the title y'all want me under, All hail King Killmonger.

Comment

Bruno

Comment

Working...
                                          X