Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What books are you currently reading? (share, recommend, & discuss)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What books are you currently reading? (share, recommend, & discuss)

Here you can have your fill of literature and like minded individuals.

MEMES ARE DREAMS IN YOUR GENES

Read Worm.
    Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

Yea I plan to. You recced it to me some time ago. I plan too though I have ti saved & everything.

Comment

Plan faster.

Comment

Haha alright. I bet after finishing through it you're anxious to share about it eh? Yea after I finish my 2 novels I will get to it. Btw how long do you recc it would take someone who usually reads about 50 to 100 pages a day?

Comment

idk, a couple weeks to a month, I'm guessing?

Comment

Alright so if I start somewhere in June/July I should be able to finish around early or before September.

I will just put it in my calendar for next month or so perhaps somewhere in mid June or early July.

Comment

Started rereading The Dark Tower Saga

Comment

About halfway through book 3 The Waste Lands of the DT Saga, Roland is still as Ice cold as I remember.

Comment

Currently reading Jackie Chan's autobiography.

Comment

Finally gonna start Les Misérables next week.

Comment

Starting Worm hopefully I get to finish someway before 21st.

Comment

I've finally gotten around to reading the Song of Albion trilogy.

Comment

Anybody know if the Dexter books are worth reading? I heard it doesn't waste too much time on filler crap like the show, but I'm also hesitant to read it because I heard it turns the "Dark Passenger" into some literal cult bullshit.

Comment

The Silmarillion.
                              It truly was worth borrowing this from a dear friend of mine.
                              Arguably, the magnum opus of Tolkien's work.
                              It intricately weaves linguistics, mythology, and an epic fantasy in order to craft a richly complex cosmology- replete with deep personal backstories which serve to juxtapose the pervasive embodiment of dualities of polarizing virtues/morals spanning from beings like Melkor all the way to individuals like Frodo in the conflict that spans in Tolkien's other works: The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, that underlines the ever present tragedy that is birthed of pride and thusly ends with the hubris of the striving spirit.
                              In short, the component that The Silmarillion excels at is world-building.
                              If you're into that then it might be for you.
                              (Being a Tolkien fan is a bonus.)
                              A personal favorite quote of mine from The Silmarillion:

When the Valar entered into Eä they were at first astounded and at a loss, for it was as if naught was yet made which they had seen in vision, and all was but on point to begin and yet unshaped, and it was dark. For the Great Music had been but the growth and flowering of thought in the Timeless Halls, and the Vision only a foreshowing; but now they had entered in at the beginning of Time, and the Valar perceived that the World had been but foreshadowed and foresung, and they must achieve it. So began their great labours in wastes unmeasured and unexplored, and in ages uncounted and forgotten, until in the Deeps of Time and in the midst of the vast halls of Eä there came to be that hour and that place where was made the habitation of the Children of Ilúvatar.

---
                              That being said, I should go back and re-read La Condition Humaine.
                              It's been ages since I've last took a look at.
                              The dust has definitely taken a toll on my copy of the book.

Comment

Read V for villain and the devils only friend from the john cleaver series.

Comment

Inferno by Dan Brown. Only just started so i can't say how good it is but going by his other works im not a fan of his writing. It was a gift so i thought i might as well give it a go

Comment

• OrganizationXV
                                    OrganizationXV commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    That's the guy that did the Da Vinci Code, right?

I'm watching a Youtube video where people are talking about him right now. They seem to agree with you.

• quaggino
                                    quaggino commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Yeah its alright so far. nothing special

Fox in Socks

Highly recommend it

Comment

Alright, 1984 chapter 1.

Comment

Belly of the green bird

Comment