>king k rool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rython View Post
    Fire Emblem predates Pokemon by quite a bit actually, and it really is nice to see it make such a strong comeback.

Say what you want about it, but Pokemon isn't without its flaws either.

(Thought I will admit, I often call the new Smash games, "Super Fire Emblem Bros." as a joke)
    Yeah but FE also went into hibernation for years at a time, has patchy global releases and is simply no where near as popular as Pokemon at any point.
    It's not a comment on the quality of the games themselves, just their place within Nintendo.
    Sakurai said FE was his favorite series, and it shows.

Comment

Originally posted by A New Soul View Post

Yeah but FE also went into hibernation for years at a time, has patchy global releases and is simply no where near as popular as Pokemon at any point.
      It's not a comment on the quality of the games themselves, just their place within Nintendo.
      Sakurai said FE was his favorite series, and it shows.
      I suppose I can agree with that. Though it still surprises me to this day that he doesn't rep his own series that much.

Which would be Kirby, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Honestly surprised he’s going to drop it just because this game introduced more FE characters.
        No I said it's the fact they haven't really added anyone I like on top of the fact they're shitting out more FE characters.
        That's only if that leak I posted is true, hopefully it's not and I get at least one non-echo character I really like

Comment

No I said it's the fact they haven't really added anyone I like on top of the fact they're shitting out more FE characters.
          That's only if that leak I posted is true, hopefully it's not and I get at least one non-echo character I really like
          Considering that Smash Ultimate is coming out relatively close to Sm4sh, I'd still consider it a worthy upgrade from the U edition even if they pump out a few more FE characters from now.

I doubt they'd do that, though.

They seem to have completed roster if the end of that direct is anything to go by, honestly.

Comment

So I can see the problem Souls is having for not liking any new characters (which is stupid, this new roster looks pretty good from what I've seen). I don't see the point in complaining about over-representation. Like, people would legit be happier if Chrom was never announced and the roster was one smaller. What kind of logic is that?
            Originally posted by Wade
            It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
              So I can see the problem Souls is having for not liking any new characters (which is stupid, this new roster looks pretty good from what I've seen). I don't see the point in complaining about over-representation. Like, people would legit be happier if Chrom was never announced and the roster was one smaller. What kind of logic is that?
              "People don't like what I like therefore it's stupid."

Nah, but real talk. Most of the newcomers look like trash. lmao

Comment

• Thar
                Thar commented
                Editing a comment
                Irrelevant, I can't look at your sig without imagining an RKO out of nowhere by Randy Orton

I think what he's saying is that if the leak is correct, then there won't be any new characters that he really wants, so he won't bother buying the game and will just stick with the older Smash game.

Now if you ask my humble opinion, this is still a new game with new combos, new stages, and a new feel all around. So I personally don't think that the characters alone should sell the game.

Comment

They seem to have completed roster if the end of that direct is anything to go by, honestly.
                Sakurai said they would, at least, be introducing more echo fighters.

Originally posted by Rython View Post
                Now if you ask my humble opinion, this is still a new game with new combos, new stages, and a new feel all around. So I personally don't think that the characters alone should sell the game.
                This, for real. It's a new game on a new system with a much larger install base. That means better online matchmaking and probably more post-release support for patches and balance updates. It's silly to be a fan of Smash, have a Switch, and say you're not buying the game because it has too many FE characters and not enough Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Sakurai said they would, at least, be introducing more echo fighters.

This, for real. It's a new game on a new system with a much larger install base. That means better online matchmaking and probably more post-release support for patches and balance updates. It's silly to be a fan of Smash, have a Switch, and say you're not buying the game because it has too many FE characters and not enough Pokemon.
                  Unless he also doesn't have a Switch, to be fair.

I'm definitely getting one for this, though.

This, Arms, Splatoon 2, and Odyssey.

Comment

You should throw BOTW in there too. It's pretty fun from what little I've honestly played. I preferred Odyssey's first moments to BOTW's, so I played the hell out of Odyssey but not BOTW. It's still good tho.

Comment

You should throw BOTW in there too. It's pretty fun from what little I've honestly played. I preferred Odyssey's first moments to BOTW's, so I played the hell out of Odyssey but not BOTW. It's still good tho.
                      I think he's played the Wii U version?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

I think he's played the Wii U version?
                        Just recently finished it, yeah.

Comment

Same, though might be a while. Don't really care for Smash (not anymore, that is) though Odyssey, BOTW, Octopath, and the expanding list of ports and digital library has me legitimately considering it.

Oh yeah, and Prime 4. Yes, right now it's just a title, but so is Starfield and ES4, so bite me.
                          In my mind...

Comment

I wouldn't worry about some random text leak on Smashboards. Loz18 has gone into really detailed specifics with his stuff that no one could have ever leaked just by guessing. But maybe I'm just holding onto that because I want Skull Kid lol. I'd love for a Monster Hunter to be playable though not gonna lie.
                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                            Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

When's Goku

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                                When's Goku
                                De-confirmed some time ago

Comment

Guys Goku is going to need all the strength he can get to break his way into Smash Bros. We have to lend him our energy.
                                  Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                    Guys Goku is going to need all the strength he can get to break his way into Smash Bros. We have to lend him our energy.
                                    *Sexual energy

Comment

https://memestatic.fjcdn.com/movies/...85_6701434.mp4
                                      Last edited by Raiden Blackthorn; August 14th, 2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Man I hope those Skull Kid rumors are real. It's been 17 years since we got a genuine new Zelda character. With Ganondorf doomed to be a slower Captain Falcon and Link being ruined by Breath of the Wild soyisms the Zeldafag in me needs this.

I mean hey I'd take Vaati too.

Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Working...
                                        X