Monster Hunter World Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Hunter World Discussion

Anyone else trying it out? So far I've played with the hammer and bow and they're both really fun. The bow can dish out a surprising amount of damage lol.
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    Quiet cathartic really.

Does the hammer still have the lvl2 uppercut?

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post
      Does the hammer still have the lvl2 uppercut?
      It has all of it moves from what I can tell, including that.
      Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
        It has all of it moves from what I can tell, including that.
        Are the KOs a little more challenging or nah? What do the impact zones feel like?

I may start with hammer and gunning on release.

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post

Are the KOs a little more challenging or nah? What do the impact zones feel like?

I may start with hammer and gunning on release.
          Well I was absolutely murdering the Barroth and knocking him over pretty quickly. Though that was probably because he was by a sand dune and I kept sliding down it and doing that flying spin move lol.
          Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Tried, didn't like it.
            I want to get into MH so bad but god it is fucking boring and clunky.

Comment

Originally posted by A New Soul View Post
              Tried, didn't like it.
              Sorry it didn't click with you. What weapons did you try out at least?
              Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Im liking it but its taking me a while to get used to the controls on PS4

Originally posted by A New Soul View Post
                Tried, didn't like it.
                The clunkiness is part of the charm tbh, the over coreographed attack pattern is and excessive animations for even minor things like drinking potions all kinda give the game its own unique feel and challenge

Comment

Holy damn the Anjanath loves to run away a lot lol.
                  Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Ok it's really annoying whenever the camera zooms in on the giant monsters 20 feet in front of me. It even does it when another monster shows up and I eat shit from the one I was fighting because the camera pulled away. I fucking see them Capcom. They aren't hard to miss.

Also the Ancient Forest is an absolute clusterfuck to navigate.
                    Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Beta is starting back up again on the 23rd. I think it's supposed to have some new monsters too.
                      Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

I missed the first one cause of exams, glad we’re getting another

Comment

Really liking the sword and shield in this game. Killed the Barroth in less than 10 minutes on 2 different hunts with it. You can pretty much keep attacking forever if you move the stick in a different direction after a combo. Though I think it's a bit weird how the beta gives you a sword and shield with no element on it, which is a big part of what makes the weapon good in the first place.

The light bowgun is fun as fuck too. Killed that not-Plesioth thing and Barroth in one go with it. That little mine placing thing it can do is great since you just lure the monster to it and shoot at it lol.
                          Last edited by Pocket Rocket; December 25th, 2017, 03:03 AM.
                          Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Spent some more time playing with the light bowgun before the demo ended. Holy shit, this fucking thing just wrecks ass lol. Killed the Diablos twice with it solo.

Also I was wrong about the sword and shield in the demo not having an element. It was poisoned and I just wasn't paying attention lol.
                            Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Spent some more time playing with the light bowgun before the demo ended. Holy shit, this fucking thing just wrecks ass lol. Killed the Diablos twice with it solo.

Also I was wrong about the sword and shield in the demo not having an element. It was poisoned and I just wasn't paying attention lol.
                              All the ranged weapons weapons are absolutely brutal this time around. I normally hate them but Ive obsessed with the HBG and the bow.

Even the gunlance is crazt

Comment

Originally posted by -Person- View Post
                                All the ranged weapons weapons are absolutely brutal this time around. I normally hate them but Ive obsessed with the HBG and the bow.

Even the gunlance is crazt
                                Played around with the bow a lot too. It's fucking insane when you get an opening to let loose with the Chinese firework show lol.
                                Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Beta is out again today with that new elder dragon.

After a bunch of tries I realized the hammer's O button moves put out insane damage if you land all the hits. Beat him in 11 minutes and 42 seconds. Holy fuck I love the hammer lol.
                                  Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Negrigante looks cool as fuck.

Comment

Beta is out again today with that new elder dragon.

After a bunch of tries I realized the hammer's O button moves put out insane damage if you land all the hits. Beat him in 11 minutes and 42 seconds. Holy fuck I love the hammer lol.
                                      Thats a pretty good time, Ive only done a couple group hunts with some randos against him and havent killed him yet.

ill prolly do a few solo hunts tonight with the LS or bow.

The hammer is amazing especially with paralysis

Comment

Best advice I can give is do as much damage as you can right off the bat and make good use of the paratoads and chances to mount. Oh and rocksteady mantle helps a lot too.

I had him limping by the time he was in the second area lol.
                                        Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Working...
                                        X