No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy General

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what summons do you guys want to return in FF15? Me personally, I wanna see The Arc, Eden, and Knights of the Round.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

• quaggino
      quaggino commented
      Editing a comment
      i made an entire thread on this a long time back. could probably find it if you search for summon or something

Originally posted by quaggino View Post

The world still looks really nice and i love the detail and work they put into making the movements of the characters look as good as possible. a lot of the small details needed to turn a good game into great game. too bad the main cast look like a bad j-pop band and the battle system doesn't look too interesting although the game isn't even out yet so i should hold off on saying the latter.
    Characters never were FF's strong point anyways. VII just seems like it'd potentially have amazing characters when they get VA's but then again they could easily turn out worse. I'm afraid of seeing Sephiroth in the remake. His dialogue in the movie was assssssss cheeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Heikin View Post

Characters never were FF's strong point anyways. VII just seems like it'd potentially have amazing characters when they get VA's but then again they could easily turn out worse. I'm afraid of seeing Sephiroth in the remake. His dialogue in the movie was assssssss cheeks.
      I actually liked his dialogue. Like when he said " Is this the pain you felt before, cloud? Let me remind you. This time you won't forget. " And then he continued to slash the crap out of him.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

Originally posted by Heikin View Post

At least clotheswise i actually think the FF games have had top qual character design till now. sure, a lot of the characters themselves minus what they're wearing are pretty boring although you get something different every so often like cait sith or kimahri. gotta have one in every game. If you look at characters in any form of media though you'll notice that the vast majority of them are gonna be normal humans with maybe like a scar or some facial marking to differentiate them from everyone else (along with hair style/colour and body type) so they're not really any worse then anything else in that regard.

In terms of actual character there have been a few decent ones. Kefka was pretty great. the general characterisation in the earlier ones: 6 and before was just all round better than everything after it anyway. Its just that in 15 the sausagefest of a playable party is just extra boring in their design (their clothes are literally product placement/advertising for a japanese clothes company) and their personalities from what I've seen. Noctis is basically sasuke and then for the rest of the cast they basically just looked at character archetypes and made one for each. On the upside I do like innovation and genderbending Cid was something they haven't done with any recurring character yet. Biggs and Wedge are next.

Still the story and the characters in FF13 were pretty disgusting and yet I still quite like that game since the atmosphere spoke to me in ways it clearly didn't to 90% of western FF fans so if the battle system turns out to be good in FF15 I can look past all of this

What are you talking about? sephiroth's dialogue in AC was the pinnacle of writing

Comment

Comment

• quaggino
            quaggino commented
            Editing a comment
            what do you think of cidney btw lol?

• Cid
            Cid commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally posted by quaggino View Post
            what do you think of cidney btw lol?
            I don't mind Cidney. I think she's spunky. And I enjoy that they're doing a unique take on "Cid".

• quaggino
            quaggino commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah I liked that too. It was something fresh

All I care about is the lore of XV. Everything else is secondary for now.

Comment

• quaggino
            quaggino commented
            Editing a comment
            isn't it related to type-0 and 13 in its lore/mythos?

• OrganizationXV
            OrganizationXV commented
            Editing a comment
            They're all in the same timeline, yeah.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/f...-and-pc-784620

=3=

Comment

I do look forward to playing IX again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
              I do look forward to playing IX again.
              Disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
                Disgusting.
                ur jus jelly that 9 iz better dan 7 u fanboi

Comment

Speed Runners are going to demolish IX.

Comment

finally platinum'd final fantasy X after 250 hours. Never doing some of that shit again.

Started FFX-2 and somehow some of the minigames are even worse than in X thank god you don't have to do them for trophies.

Comment

Anyone watching the Final Fantasy Uncovered event?

FF15 is getting a five episode anime and a full length CGI movie.

-edit-

Sean Bean voices Noctis' father in the movie. Proof that Noctis' father will die?

Comment

So far 15 is looking really damn good. Hopefully the 7 remake can live up to this.
                        Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Bayonetta View Post
                          So far 15 is looking really damn good. Hopefully the 7 remake can live up to this.

I'm getting more and more hyped for 15 with everything I see.

Comment

New demo, Platinum Demo, will be available tonight for free on PS4 and XBox One.

It's a completely separate story to the game and beating it gets you Carbuncle as a DLC for the main game. (Apparently FFXV comes out September 30th)

Demo looks sweet. I'll play it tomorrow.

Comment

GETTING THAT ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION, MY MOUTH IS DROOLING.
                              Signature

Comment

AND THE FREAKING CAR CAN FLY

What the hell? God I want this game.

Originally posted by Bayonetta View Post
                                GETTING THAT ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION, MY MOUTH IS DROOLING.

Fuck yo couch, it's all mine.

Comment

Except the Square Store is already experiencing loading problems, presumably from idiots that don't know what time 9pm PST is.

Comment

I can't even update my payment info on the site, damn it.
                                    Signature

Comment

Working...
                                    X