No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy General

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we know it's been announced for PS4, so it'll arrive this console generation. PROBABLY hahaha. I wouldn't mind if they take 2-3 years on this, long as it does the original justice and it's good. I hope KH3's is close to finish, because if KH3 is about done, it means they can focus all their time on FFVII HD. If it DOES take 10 years to come out, it better be Game of the Century and include VR support just because.

And I'll let Cid have the floor for explaining FFVII's greatness, this'll be good.

Also, I dunno about you guys, but if they announce a special edition FFVII PS4. I am ALL OVER IT.

Comment

What if FFVII comes out by January 31 2017?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
        Long AF thing.
        Sure, it may be iconic...but bringing it back?
        That's...
        That's nice. But TBH, I just don't feel the E3 win vibe everyone has. A remake, even of something that iconic, just doesn't win e3's in my book, but if it's a massive overhaul into something better, I suppose it can be of more significance than I think right now.
        To each their own I suppose (also I didn't see the quote you made in the other thread, so I didn't forget).

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
        2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          What if FFVII comes out by January 31 2017?

I could live with that. Might explode from the hype before then, but it's not the most unreasonable thing I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Steve View Post
            Sure, it may be iconic...but bringing it back?
            That's...
            That's nice. But TBH, I just don't feel the E3 win vibe everyone has. A remake, even of something that iconic, just doesn't win e3's in my book, but if it's a massive overhaul into something better, I suppose it can be of more significance than I think right now.
            To each their own I suppose (also I didn't see the quote you made in the other thread, so I didn't forget).

You're too young, bro. lol. You didn't experience it like we did.

Comment

Whats great about final fantasy in general is solid gameplay with some creative addition but what really takes it home is the above and beyond work in all the little extra things such as fantastic themes, graphics, atmosphere, music, story, secrets, etc all of this topped on to its solid gameplay make it an experience to remember.

Comment

I- I didn't grow up playing FFVII

I did get into the stuff other than the original game quite early though. I just never had the systems to play it till 2012.

Comment

I'm pretty young only 19, but I did grow up on all older stuff because I got everything from my uncle and I didn't have much else. I also only bought the really cheap games in the past which was all old used games.

Final fantasy is my childhood.

Comment

I hadn't even played FFVII until 3 years ago and i'm hyped as if i would have played it since childhood.

Comment

I didn't come across FF7 till I was ten, my first FF was 9

Comment

I played Seven several months after it actually dropped, some random idiot actually sold it to a pawn shop and my dad picked it up for me.

Played it well until the Materia Keep, then after Vincent messed me over by healing the monster, I lost and continued to loose because LOL this was before I ground levels and magic, and ended up rage quitting for the better part of a year.

Cid started to play it, so I picked it back up as well.

Comment

I just heard!

Congrats Square, you win e3

I love you Cid, I legit cried.

Comment

YOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY'RE FINALLY REMAKING FINAL FANTASY 7!!!! MAD HYPED RIGHT NOW!!!!! I'M FUCKING STOKED!!!!

Sorry I'm just really happy. Final Fantasy 7 is my favorite RPG and one of the greatest games of all time if not THE greatest. The fact that they're finally remaking it and it has FF15 level graphics makes me one happy camper. I hope they do this remake justice. They better not get rid of a singe thing though. The only thing they really need to do for the remake is improve the gameplay to a system like Kingdom Hearts' but you can switch between characters and all the summons are still like cinematic like on the same level as Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

It shouldn't play like kh, it should stay active turn based like a true FF game and stay completely FF7

Comment

Originally posted by Color of Cid Haki View Post
                                It shouldn't play like kh, it should stay active turn based like a true FF game and stay completely FF7

This for gods sake. Keep FFVII what made it great.

Comment

As awesome as that would be, I doubt that they will go turn based, we may get something like in 15

Comment

I love how enix trolled everyone by releasing that remaster trailer for the ps4 so everyone was disppointed and then this. Who is actually going to get the remaster now?
                                    So now that this has happened. What are the chances of a 8 or 9 remake? Or maybe even a proper 10 remake and not some half assed remaster? For that matter what are the chances of an X-3 like that audio book that came with the ps3 version alluded to?

Its a remake so its likely that it would still be turn based but if they want to appeal to the younger kids then for a while now turn based hasn't really been the way to go.

Anyone hyped for the new dissidia? and any characters that you would like to see in it?

Comment

Oh shit, I forgot about the new Dissidia. I'm looking forward to that.

Be kinda interesting to see any of the 15 cast make a place in it, I'm sure they will though.

I'd also kinda like Zack, but given how I'm not sure if they'd be able to make him that distinct from Cloud, chances probably aren't the best.

@Chaos Theory

Yeah, unfortunately. Not like that stuff is BAD or anything. People these days just have no patience.

Comment

Comment

• Darkseeker1379
                                          Darkseeker1379 commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Oh shit I can't even imagine that scene with FF15 level graphics without laughing my ass off.

hoLY SHIT.

I CAN'T BREATH. GOTY CONFIRMED. LET THE INTERNET FLOODGATES OPEN.

Comment

Working...
                                        X