Final Fantasy General

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy General

Had to make it, this forum was lacking one.

CURRENT EVENTS/NEWS:

FFVII Remake's episodes will each be the length of full games.

FFXV Platinum Demo released and release date announced(9/30)

Last edited by Omniwhatever; April 7th, 2016, 12:34 AM.

Now... What I'm actually curious about... Is, is this JUST a remake? The sign at the beginning said "South Edge" and the kids were playing with a wooden Buster Sword. So could this perhaps be a sequel with a remake packaged in?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
      Now... What I'm actually curious about... Is, is this JUST a remake? The sign at the beginning said "South Edge" and the kids were playing with a wooden Buster Sword. So could this perhaps be a sequel with a remake packaged in?
      Jesus, that'd be ridiculous in scale. We might see the return of multi-disk console games on Sony systems if that's the case hahaha.

I kinda doubt it'd be a sequel. I could see a remake THEN a sequel.

I just hope they don't try to make a ton of changes. Recent Final Fantasy games have been.....Kinda eh.

Comment

Square just needs a toggle button and a combat switcher. That's all they need to do beyond updating the game's poorly aged bits.

1. Fix the translation errors.
        2. Pretty up the graphics
        3. Orchestrate the OST
        4. Add in a toggle button (like the Halo Remake) that will allow fans to switch between the PS1 and PS4 version whenever they wanted.
        5. Have two battle styles, Classic and Modern. Classic would be the exact system they had in the original game and Modern would be an updated version more akin to what kids these days expect out of an action game.

Comment

Square just needs a toggle button and a combat switcher. That's all they need to do beyond updating the game's poorly aged bits.

1. Fix the translation errors.
          2. Pretty up the graphics
          3. Orchestrate the OST
          4. Add in a toggle button (like the Halo Remake) that will allow fans to switch between the PS1 and PS4 version whenever they wanted.
          5. Have two battle styles, Classic and Modern. Classic would be the exact system they had in the original game and Modern would be an updated version more akin to what kids these days expect out of an action game.

That's it. That's all they need to do and I would be content with this game forever. They start poking around and trying to mess with everything, and things won't end well.

Comment

Pretty sure we already had a thread but whatever, hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Color of Cid Haki View Post
              Pretty sure we already had a thread but whatever, hype.

No, I checked. It was for the MMO.

Comment

They can't change stuff that doesn't need to be changed. They better not touch the story, I want all the crazy cross-dressing and emo vampires the original had. And they better not touch the materia system. It was perfect.

I kind of wish they'd keep some of the more iconic translation errors. (This guy are sick) But that's just nostalgia. A better game wouldn't have them.

Comment

Also... dat old skool sig mang

Comment

As the saying goes, don't fix what ain't broken. They got SO Much right with FFVII. It just needs some modernizing, not overhauling.

And yeah! I had to bust out that ancient sig you made years ago in celebration of the hype. It's glorious.

Comment

I have a Cid version. It's not quite as good since it's like, a year or so older, though. D:

I can't wait for the new game, if not just for the updated art and graphics for sigs. lmao

Comment

I just need to play in the amusement park and take a ride.

Comment

I have a Cid version. It's not quite as good since it's like, a year or so older, though. D:

I can't wait for the new game, if not just for the updated art and graphics for sigs. lmao

SAME. I'm wearing this set till the remake comes out. I've never felt so hype.

Speaking of, I know you said you were gonna make a custom theme for me, due to the money I donated toward the site, but I can I put that on hold and ask for a sig of the HD remake FFVII for whenever it comes out instead? However long that may be and for when videos/gifs start making their way onto the net?

Comment

Bruh, I'll give you both. Lmao.

Also, I just watched the trailer again. (like the fifth time) and noticed it says "More to come this winter"

That's a bit disappointing if true. I was hoping we'd get a full fledged trailer tomorrow.

Comment

Thanks, you're a true bro hahaha. I'll speak with you more on the theme once we get full version options.

And that so? I missed that in my blind hype. I'm a bit disappointed too.

Unless......

What if it's a demo?

Nah, that's probably reaching. That, and I wouldn't expect a demo out that soon. Let's be real, Square KNOWS how much is riding on this game, how much they stand to gain, and how much they stand to lose if they screw it up. If they're gonna take their time on ANY game, it's THIS one.

Comment

Can you name your cloud like you could do Tidus in FFX?

If so then imma gonna name him Cloud Strife, Goku Strife Gokuu Stripes

Comment

Originally posted by Omniwhatever View Post
                                  Thanks, you're a true bro hahaha. I'll speak with you more on the theme once we get full version options.

And that so? I missed that in my blind hype. I'm a bit disappointed too.

Unless......

What if it's a demo?

Nah, that's probably reaching. That, and I wouldn't expect a demo out that soon. Let's be real, Square KNOWS how much is riding on this game, how much they stand to gain, and how much they stand to lose if they screw it up. If they're gonna take their time on ANY game, it's THIS one.
                                  I'm shocked if they don't have more to show on it. I mean... They couldn't have only began working on it this year. lol.

Oh man... I just hope it doesn't turn into KH3 or FF15. And it takes 10 years to arrive.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                                  Can you name your cloud like you could do Tidus in FFX?

If so then imma gonna name him Cloud Strife, Goku Strife Gokuu Stripes
                                  You could in the original. Voice Acting will likely mean no in the remake.

Comment

*Singing voice.* I don't give a crap about Final Fantasy 7...naaaaaargggggggghhhhhh...
                                    :3...
                                    I'm foolin' around m8's (although I'm slightly serious, already said FF doesn't interest me)
                                    In all honesty, IDK if I asked this already, I probably did, but what is so good about Final Fantasy 7? Everyone on Gamefaqs seems to be crazy about the remake news.

Comment

I'm shocked if they don't have more to show on it. I mean... They couldn't have only began working on it this year. lol.

Oh man... I just hope it doesn't turn into KH3 or FF15. And it takes 10 years to arrive.

You could in the original. Voice Acting will likely mean no in the remake.
                                      I also have the feeling they started working on it just before the E3 hue hue hue.

By the time FF15, KH3, get done it will probably take more than 10 years. Hopefully they have been working on it while they have been working on their other projects.

True. It would be amazing if they allowed you to input another voice into it. Like 'dragon naturally speaking preferred 9'. It would be hilarious. Or Microsoft Sam.

Btw Cid you into strategy games like age of empires/earth/wonders? Civilization? Eve? dust 514?

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Steve View Post
                                        *Singing voice.* I don't give a crap about Final Fantasy 7...naaaaaargggggggghhhhhh...
                                        :3...
                                        I'm foolin' around m8's (although I'm slightly serious, already said FF doesn't interest me)
                                        In all honesty, IDK if I asked this already, I probably did, but what is so good about Final Fantasy 7? Everyone on Gamefaqs seems to be crazy about the remake news.

Originally posted by CId View Post
                                        Originally posted by Salty Steve View Post
                                        Make that three folks, I never cared for Final Fantasy either. And...believe it or not, but a bunch of people think e3's in Sony's bag strictly because of a remake of FF7...
                                        I don't get it, tbh. You can be hyped for it, and it may be a good game in people's books...but remakes don't win e3's for me. No matter how good the original was.
                                        Though, some of the games you listed are interesting, tbh.

FF7 is just that iconic. It'd be like Nintendo announcing a full HD upgrade of Ocarina of Time that looks like it belongs on a PS4. FF7 saved the Playstation 1 almost single-handedly, it brought JRPGs to the attention to the rest of the world. And it really put Square Enix on the books as a great developer. The entire game is dated by today's standards. And I don't expect, if it were a new title, that it would win any awards with it's off the wall story and weird characters. But in the 90s? It was amazing. Went down as one of the greatest and most beloved video games of all time.

So yeah, it kind of won E3, even with it's short teaser. Fans have been longing for this for 10 years, ever since they showed off a tech demo of what the game could look like on the PS3 back in 2005. I imagine that's probably about as long as you've been playing video games. lol
                                        Originally posted by Guest View Post
                                        Btw Cid you into strategy games like age of empires/earth/wonders? Civilization? Eve? dust 514?
                                        Nah, not really. lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X