Dark Souls 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
    I think I've just discovered the most cancerous build in Dark Souls 3.
    Literally any straight sword?
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
      Literally any straight sword?
      Well you could parry them. But parrying is for scrubs.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

I never really bothered to practice parrying in any Souls game tbh.
        Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

I never really bothered to practice parrying in any Souls game tbh.
          Same here. I just love it when people parry spam. I actually met a guy during a random invasion and he tried to parry my Zweihander. I kept thinking to myself " Dude this is a fucking Chaos infused Zweihander. You can't parry greatswords that are being two-handed. " He apparently didn't figure that out cause I kept hitting him with 700+ damage and eventually killed him.

Comment

To be fair though you can parry a lot of shit that..really really should not be able to be parried, so he probably thought he could parry it lol.
            Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

To be fair though you can parry a lot of shit that..really really should not be able to be parried, so he probably thought he could parry it lol.
              True. Thankfully you can't parry the Zweihander. That guy I invaded definitely learned that the hard way given how I kept launching him in the air when he did try to parry me.
              Last edited by Darkseeker1379; January 16th, 2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

True. Thankfully you can't parry the Zweihander. That guy I invaded definitely learned that the hard way given how I kept launching him in the air when he did try to parry me.
                One time I accidentally parried someone because I forgot I was one-handing my weapon and tried to go for a weapon art. I'd probably never have landed it if I actually meant to do that lol.
                Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

One time I accidentally parried someone because I forgot I was one-handing my weapon and tried to go for a weapon art. I'd probably never have landed it if I actually meant to do that lol.
                  That's honestly how it is when it comes to parrying lol.

Comment

I'm pretty sure every weapon's running R2 attack can't be parried at least. Oh and whips can't be parried at all.
                    Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

To my knowledge, there is no single source for figuring out all of the attacks in the game that are unparryable, but from googling it you will be able to piece together the puzzle from a couple different sources. Parrying is different in each game due to frame data, animations, critical, what can parry, and other things. I would say that the fundamental idea is roughly the same for DeS->DaS3, though.

Parrying a straightsword without muscle memory for the various startup animations of the different straightswords is obviously harder than other "slower" weapons, DS. Even with the muscle memory factor, you still have to take into account room for error and risk-reward facts. You have obviously never played against anyone good. The only time that I would ever call parrying a "scrubby tactic" (short for things that I do not like) is when you have frame 1 parry activations, stupid critical ratings, and things like the vanilla Monastery Scimitar off the top of my head.

Bloodborne parrying was a pretty cool parrying system and overall my favorite one. It's a shame that game is dead.

Comment

Learning how to do all the different types of parrys is essential if u want to become a competent pvper in any dks game .
                        Darkseeker1379 Whole gank thing is pain in the ass true but that’s how game is designed, if you want fair one on ones duel in the arena or go after pontiff area and put the red sign down 99% of the time u ll be summoned in fight clubs which are fair 1 on 1 s .

Good news , dark souls remastered is coming out in may . Which is awesome. Hopefully they will remove Chan backstabs .

Comment

Oh yeah lol I forgot about the area outside of Pontiff's boss room. Darkseeker can just get his 1v1's there if he wants.

Just be honorabru and don't heal though.
                          Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Bender Bending Rodriguez Pocket Rocket Pontiff's area is the main place I get ganked at lol.

I'll never forget this one time me and this dude was having a pretty good duel with people watching. I drink my Estus ONE TIME and then I literally get oneshotted by a Crystal Soul Spear. Then all the spectators jump down and then proceed to point down at my body.

Comment

Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post
                              Learning how to do all the different types of parrys is essential if u want to become a competent pvper in any dks game ..
                              Only a scrub would suggest this. Parrying is completely useless against any PVPer worth their salt.

In DS1 you want to master all the BS techniques. Pivot-stabs, chain-stabs, backstep-stab, etc.

In DS2 you want to master quick attacks.

In DS3...well DS3 has the simplest PVP, grab a LKS and BKS and learn to turtle.

Comment

But let's be honest Dark Souls PVP has always been a complete joke and not worth even thinking about taking seriously.

Bender Bending Rodriguez Pocket Rocket Pontiff's area is the main place I get ganked at lol.

I'll never forget this one time me and this dude was having a pretty good duel with people watching. I drink my Estus ONE TIME and then I literally get oneshotted by a Crystal Soul Spear. Then all the spectators jump down and then proceed to point down at my body.
                                You see those summon signs at the area scattered around? Those are people who are looking for duels. If you try forcibly invading there, you're gonna get ganked.
                                Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                                  In DS3...well DS3 has the simplest PVP, grab a LKS and BKS and learn to turtle.
                                  Or you could be that guy and just use the Twin Ringed Knight Greatswords.
                                  But let's be honest Dark Souls PVP has always been a complete joke and not worth even thinking about taking seriously.

You see those summon signs at the area scattered around? Those are people who are looking for duels. If you try forcibly invading there, you're gonna get ganked.
                                  I never see any summon signs there. That's why I invade. Thankfully I don't get ganked too much. But when I do, it's bullshit cause I know I could bitchslap any of them solo.
                                  Last edited by Darkseeker1379; January 18th, 2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

If you heal during honorable 1v1 more often then not u will get ganked. Sometimes they might forgive u .

Comment

I never see any summon signs there. That's why I invade. Thankfully I don't get ganked too much. But when I do, it's bullshit cause I know I could bitchslap any of them solo.
                                      Might just be playing at the wrong time then. You could always set down a red summon sign of your own and see if you get some takers.
                                      Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Or you could be that guy and just use the Twin Ringed Knight Greatswords.

Stay between 115 - 125 level range , that’s the meta , u will find most matches .

Comment

Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post
                                          Learning how to do all the different types of parrys
                                          This is an important element as well. There are also many anti-parrying tactics. Wolfenstein made a very good post on dead-angling in a Souls thread on here, for example.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X