Dark Souls 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Souls 3

So apparently some screenshots were leaked.

Please, oh god please, let it be more like DS1 and not DS2. Please.
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    Quiet cathartic really.

What was the problem with DS2? Not like I've played either...but I'm still gonna ask.
    Dark Souls seems interesting, but I'm not into games of its type, really.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
    2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

All aboard the hype train.

Comment

I'm kind of not ready for another souls game right now.

Comment

I want a bloodborne 2. B team is working on this for sure if it's true. They make good pvp, but suck at level design and making interesting boss fights.
          Last edited by D'Arby; June 10th, 2015, 12:23 AM.
          Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Steve View Post
            What was the problem with DS2? Not like I've played either...but I'm still gonna ask.
            Dark Souls seems interesting, but I'm not into games of its type, really.
            The biggest issue for me was that the bosses were either bad ripoffs of bosses from DS1, or cheap as shit, or both. DS2's idea of a "challenge" was, more often than not, going up against multiple bosses at once. DS1 had a few boss fights like this, but they were much more fair, scarce, and reasonable. DS2 though? 5 gargoyles, 3 ruin sentinels, 2 dragon riders (I actually quit playing the game for a while because of those bastards), an army of spiders and an army of rats. And the bosses that didn't rely on numbers to be challenging often relied on cheap hazards in the area. Oh thanks or knocking me into that conveniently placed pool of lava there, Iron King. Oh hey, it's The Rotten, I wonder if he'll back me into the fire that's covering 90% of the floor. Whenever I encountered a fog door in DS1, I was excited to see what I'd be facing. When I encountered them in DS2, I groaned at the thought of whatever cheap shit was about to be thrown at me.

Also, the world in DS2 had much less cohesion than DS1's. There wasn't that sense of connection the first game had. In DS2, you'd be climbing the top of a tower in a poison filled valley and suddenly you're at the entrance to a lava filled fortress that supposed to be sunken into the ground. What in the flying fuck?
            Last edited by Pocket Rocket; June 10th, 2015, 12:27 AM.
            Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Well, Miyazaki is at the helm again so we can probably expect similar to Dark Souls and Bloodborne for Dark Souls 3

Comment

a mix of dark souls and dark souls 2 with new elements would be best. I loved the original dark souls but despite the hate 2 gets, it improved a lot of gameplay (minus the shitboxes and occasionally cheap design of areas and bosses) and offered significantly more replayability for each individual character.

Comment

The problem with Dark Souls 2 was that Miyazaki wasn't there; now with Dark Souls 3, he'll be there for sure. I thought the sacrifice mechanic was quite excellent.

Comment

Haven't played DSII myself, chose Bloodborne over it

Comment

It looks very much like DS1.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory View Post
                        Well, Miyazaki is at the helm again so we can probably expect similar to Dark Souls and Bloodborne for Dark Souls 3
                        Good.
                        Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

They're all the same and come out fast af
                          Originally posted by Anime18
                          Dude...quit acting like a fucking nigger dude...
                          Originally posted by A New Soul

Nah best result is when it's a result of deepthroating a dick that's too big or being filled with too much cum.

Originally posted by Jay
                          So all I ask of you is to show an erect dick with a ruler next to it. That's all lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ganon's Wild Ride View Post
                            a mix of dark souls and dark souls 2 with new elements would be best. I loved the original dark souls but despite the hate 2 gets, it improved a lot of gameplay (minus the shitboxes and occasionally cheap design of areas and bosses) and offered significantly more replayability for each individual character.
                            This.
                            And most of the DLC bosses were superior to the ones in DaS imo

Sinh, Fume Knight, Ivory King, Sir Alonne etc.
                            Last edited by Impavido III; June 11th, 2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                              The biggest issue for me was that the bosses were either bad ripoffs of bosses from DS1, or cheap as shit, or both.
                              Didnt you quit at like lvl 100-150?

DS2's idea of a "challenge" was, more often than not, going up against multiple bosses at once.
                              That's like 7 or 8 boss fights. And a good majority of them were actually good, challenging, and made you conjure up a strategy to keep from dying. Ex; Ruin Sentinels, Skelly Lords, Looking Glass Knight, etc.

DS1 had a few boss fights like this, but they were much more fair, scarce, and reasonable. DS2 though?
                              There's a 20%+ of multiple boss fights in DS2 than DS1 for sure, but fair and more reasonable, lol? I mean Ornstein & Smough, Four Kings, Capra Demon, etc.

5 gargoyles, 3 ruin sentinels, 2 dragon riders (I actually quit playing the game for a while because of those bastards)
                              Those aren't even hard.. You have phantoms, lmao.

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket;n12069e
                              an army of spiders and an army of rats.
                              RRA is pretty easy if you get the hang of it. It's supposed to make you look for the Main Rat.

And the bosses that didn't rely on numbers to be challenging often relied on cheap hazards in the area. Oh thanks or knocking me into that conveniently placed pool of lava there, Iron King.
                              He only can do that if you stay near the hole or back wall and let him topple you over.

Oh hey, it's The Rotten, I wonder if he'll back me into the fire that's covering 90% of the floor.
                              Nice exaggeration, brah. http://www.illgaming.in/wp-content/u...the-rotten.jpg

Comment

Skipped Souls II, and from everything I've seen I don't regret it. Bosses in particular looked awful, but that's subjective I suppose.
                                Hyped for this though.

Comment

Good.

Gameplay-wise Bloodborne was dreary and boring. But hey. Your choice to ride Miyazaki dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Young View Post
                                    Gameplay-wise Bloodborne was dreary and boring.
                                    What lol

Comment

Why are the games coming out so fast?

Comment

Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
                                        Why are the games coming out so fast?
                                        More funding, an audience that will buy into it, general success, ect.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X