Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight Extinction View Post
    Psychonauts
    Great stuff. Love Double Fine stuff. Got that and The Broken Age platinum. I might have some others, too, can't recall right off.
    Please Like, Share, & Subscribe to Culpa's Youtube Channel!
    Culpa's Twitch Channel!
    PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Alright, beat all the bosses and got the true ending. Gehrman was great. I beat him first try, but it was fun and tense just like I wanted. Best boss in the game, father Gascoigne comes in second. Moon Presence wasn't bad but definitely a step down. I was out of vials during my first try so I lost, but I came back and beat him in the second.

Don't know how hard the Chalice Dungeons will be. I did one during the main game and it was easy, but I assume they get major hard. I'll probably get all the way through NG+ and grind a bit. Might as well platinum the game while I'm at it.

I definitely think vials make the game a lot easier. They're DS2 lifegems but faster and heal instantly. Even if Bloodborne is a faster paced game, it's still very easy to get some space and heal recklessly and get away with it. Estus wouldn't work in a game like this and they already limit vials to ~20, so I'm not really sure what else they could have done.
      Last edited by Doctor.; August 10th, 2018, 01:31 AM.
      Originally posted by Oneiros
      In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
        Alright, beat all the bosses and got the true ending. Gehrman was great. I beat him first try, but it was fun and tense just like I wanted. Best boss in the game, father Gascoigne comes in second. Moon Presence wasn't bad but definitely a step down. I was out of vials during my first try so I lost, but I came back and beat him in the second.

Don't know how hard the Chalice Dungeons will be. I did one during the main game and it was easy, but I assume they get major hard. I'll probably get all the way through NG+ and grind a bit. Might as well platinum the game while I'm at it.

I definitely think vials make the game a lot easier. They're DS2 lifegems but faster and heal instantly. Even if Bloodborne is a faster paced game, it's still very easy to get some space and heal recklessly and get away with it. Estus wouldn't work in a game like this and they already limit vials to ~20, so I'm not really sure what else they could have done.
        The later chalice dungeons are absolute nonsense.

Cursed dungeons and bell whores to be specific.

Did you meet the mysterious beggar on the roof before you beat Rom?

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post
          The later chalice dungeons are absolute nonsense.

Cursed dungeons and bell whores to be specific.

Did you meet the mysterious beggar on the roof before you beat Rom?
          Nah, I missed a lot of the NPCs even though I explored quite a bit. I think I only managed to finish Alfred's sidequest. I'll work on it in NG+.

Comment

Nah, I missed a lot of the NPCs even though I explored quite a bit. I think I only managed to finish Alfred's sidequest. I'll work on it in NG+.
            Eileens quest on NG+......good luck.

Alfred had the GOAT rant though.

What build are you using btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post
              Eileens quest on NG+......good luck.

Alfred had the GOAT rant though.

What build are you using btw?
              Ludwig's holy blade, full-on STR build

gonna try to switch it up though

Comment

Paradigm

Comment

TLOU Remastered

Movement is clunky and the game is a bit too happy with one shots in the higher difficulties. Characters are charming at least. Naughty Dog always knows how to write a competent story.

And stop trying to force this underage interracial couple down my throat Naughty Dog, I don't like BBC and Ellie is gay anyway
                  Last edited by Doctor.; August 10th, 2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

TLOU Remastered

Movement is clunky and the game is a bit too happy with one shots in the higher difficulties. Characters are charming at least. Naughty Dog always knows how to write a competent story.

And stop trying to force this underage interracial couple down my throat Naughty Dog, I don't like BBC and Ellie is gay anyway
                    What's your favorite BBC?

Comment

TLOU Remastered

You might like zombie BBC more

Comment

Picked up Sonic Mania Plus for the Switch today. Mighty and Ray are back let's go.
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                        Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Finished TLOU.

Decent game. Movement felt clunky all the way to the end and hand-to-hand was a pain and not as fluid as Uncharted. Characters are charming and the relationship between Joel and Ellie is touching enough, but I feel whereas the typical snarky, smartass Naughty Dog character fits well in Uncharted, they don't fit in this type of setting. Crafting was tacked-on and unnecessary as you don't really craft much outside of healing equipment and the occasional molotov/mine. Plus, they never give you shit in the higher difficulties, had to dial it back down to Normal at some point towards the end when they throw you a billion opponents at you because I was out of ammo and materials. Stealth works well enough, though.

I wouldn't mind buying TLOU2 but this first game was definitely overrated when it first came out, especially considering ND has proved they can make a great game previously; see: Uncharted 2.

Comment

Uncharted 4.

Nadine aside, it was on track to become the GOAT Uncharted game until more or less the point where Elena showed up on Libertalia. The rope was a great addiction, though I kinda wish it had been more flexible in allowing to hook up to any ledge; but I guess that would negate some of the platforming """puzzles""". The knife also made climbing less boring, but I wish we hadn't gone it so late into the game; it's another tool that could have been great if more flexible with its allowed implementation. I liked the grass mechanic because it makes stealth easier, but I feel as if the enemies just stop you the moment you get out of the grass in areas with huge enemies, especially in Crushing or Hard, forcing you to resort to shooting up the place. And that's where the game shines the most. With destructible covers, hookshot points, tons of climbing spots and various grass/water areas for stealth, the gunfights in Libertalia were some of the best in the entire series. Unfortunately the beginning and middle portions are slow and not that fun in terms of action and while the story at that point was engaging enough to compensate for it, it completely shits the bed at the point I mentioned above. Nadine was a bad character that got away, but Rafe was probably the best villain in the series (not a high bar anyway). I also feel like the actual puzzles were pretty easy this time and mostly forgettable, but complex puzzles aren't Uncharted's strength anyway. I liked the happy ending because I feel like the story was building up to that point, but the epilogue was unnecessary.

It's been a while since I played the other games, but I'd probably rate them like this: 2 > 4 > 1 > 3; maybe 1 is better than 4 once I replay it but for now I'm sticking with this.
                            Last edited by Doctor.; August 13th, 2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Uncharted 4.

Nadine aside, it was on track to become the GOAT Uncharted game until more or less the point where Elena showed up on Libertalia. The rope was a great addiction, though I kinda wish it had been more flexible in allowing to hook up to any ledge; but I guess that would negate some of the platforming """puzzles""". The knife also made climbing less boring, but I wish we hadn't gone it so late into the game; it's another tool that could have been great if more flexible with its allowed implementation. I liked the grass mechanic because it makes stealth easier, but I feel as if the enemies just stop you the moment you get out of the grass in areas with huge enemies, especially in Crushing or Hard, forcing you to resort to shooting up the place. And that's where the game shines the most. With destructible covers, hookshot points, tons of climbing spots and various grass/water areas for stealth, the gunfights in Libertalia were some of the best in the entire series. Unfortunately the beginning and middle portions are slow and not that fun in terms of action and while the story at that point was engaging enough to compensate for it, it completely shits the bed at the point I mentioned above. Nadine was a bad character that got away, but Rafe was probably the best villain in the series (not a high bar anyway). I also feel like the actual puzzles were pretty easy this time and mostly forgettable, but complex puzzles aren't Uncharted's strength anyway. I liked the happy ending because I feel like the story was building up to that point, but the epilogue was unnecessary.

It's been a while since I played the other games, but I'd probably rate them like this: 2 > 4 > 1 > 3; maybe 1 is better than 4 once I replay it but for now I'm sticking with this.
                              I'm playing remastered version of 2 and I really like it. Wasn't really feeling 1 tbh so I hope you're wrong about it being better than 3.

Also why do they push elena when she's worst girl
                              Last edited by Don Tigris; August 13th, 2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Tigris View Post

I'm playing remastered version of 2 and I really like it. Wasn't really feeling 1 tbh so I hope you're wrong about it being better than 3.

Also why do they push elena when she's worst girl
                                3 is just 2 again. It's the same story structure, similar setpieces and plot twists but done worse. If you liked 2, you'll enjoy 3 for sure, but don't go in expecting a completely fresh experience or a new take on the series.

Comment

Forza Horizon 2

Comment

Ratchet and Clank 2016

Now granted I wasn't too big on the old games and I only played, like, two of them, but the writing here is godawful and completely misses the charm of the previous ones. Gameplay is serviceable but I feel as if it was toned down from the previous games.

Comment

Ratchet and Clank 2016

Now granted I wasn't too big on the old games and I only played, like, two of them, but the writing here is godawful and completely misses the charm of the previous ones. Gameplay is serviceable but I feel as if it was toned down from the previous games.
                                      It's a remake of the first, it's going to feel watered down compared to a lot of the other games. The original is the only one it can really be compared to.
                                      I was never a ratchet and clank guy. I had some friends that played it, but I liked Jak and Daxter and sly cooper more as playstation 2 exclusives.
                                      Please Like, Share, & Subscribe to Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                                      Culpa's Twitch Channel!
                                      PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Fortnight

Comment

Man who was the low IQ jerkdick at Capcom who thought that HR 14 was the ideal starting point to be allowed to fight Behemoth? I answered some low level's SOS and the guy actually tried laying a pitfall trap under Behemoth. We failed the quest of course but I was the only one on the team to not cart not gonna lie it made my dick feel pretty big.

Oh yeah and Kulve comes back tonight with some new weapons in her loot pool.
                                          Last edited by Pocket Rocket; August 16th, 2018, 12:10 PM.
                                          Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                          Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Working...
                                          X