No announcement yet.

What game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just So weird seeing the Zelda fan and the bastion for video game optimism smashing the new Zelda game that even non-Nintendo fans said "Okay, I'll get a Switch now" about.
    Originally posted by Wade
    It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Originally posted by Wade
    I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

I love Breath of the Wild but the overworld bosses are definitely not a strong point.
      i do like the Lynels tho, but are they even considered bosses?
      they don’t have the big boss health bars like the Hinox and Talus despite being way tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
        There's some mixing up with the Taluses and Hinoxes. You eventually run into heat and ice variations that have different methods of attack for the Talus and the Hinoxes begin wearing different armor types that you have to get rid of before you can attack them as effectively.
        So it's just those 2 over and over then. Should have saw that coming I guess.

Then you've also got the Lynels, which I guess you haven\t stumbled across yet.
        Already killed one.

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        It's just So weird seeing the Zelda fan and the bastion for video game optimism smashing the new Zelda game that even non-Nintendo fans said "Okay, I'll get a Switch now" about.
        Bastion for video game optimism? What are you talking about? I think modern gaming is an absolute dumpster fire lol.

Also I don't see why it's so weird for a Zelda fan to criticize the Zelda game that's trying it's hardest to not be a Zelda game. I already beat one of the Divine Beasts (the bird one) and it was basically a 5 minute long shrine, and that's supposed to be the closest this game has to dungeons. All of my exploring has only led to the same 2 things over and over again despite the overworld looking interesting to explore. A lot of the Korok """"puzzles"""" were literally "pick up this lone rock in a suspicious place". Some of the shrines literally just give you an orb. The worst weapon durability mechanic I have ever seen in a game. The enemy variety is lacking. The music so far has mostly been forgettable bland ambient piano chords. This game was in development since like 2012 and this is what the end product is. Did making the new physics engine really fuck over development that much? I don't see why I'm obligated to just blindly praise this game just because it's one of my favorite franchises, which is actually why I'm disappointed.

Like I said I've been having fun with the game but "paper mache weapons, copy/pasted assets for dungeons, and yah ha ha you found me" was the last thing that would have come to my mind when I thought "open-world Zelda game". I just can't see how anyone can say this is the best open world game ever unless they never played one because they stick to Nintendo and missed out on like 2 whole decades of them.

Oh yeah, and the Zelda series embracing shitty bushiness practices with all the amiibo-locked content is something I find disgusting. Yet Nintendo got away with it thanks to their hypocritical cucked fanbase.
        Last edited by Pocket Rocket; July 9th, 2018, 12:41 AM.
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
        Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

• Culpa the Moth Mage
          Editing a comment
          They aren't great games, but they are far from terrible. Star Fox Adventures is a hell of a lot better than the DS crap and nostalgic af. Godzilla PS4 is a hell of a lot better than Super Godzilla, it's slow paced, but enjoyable at the same time, hella informative, and if you just play as Goji, i's a great game. And Lego games are just fun for the whole fam. Don't be hatin'. Tell Tale games are hit and miss. I play them for the story, but I've only truly enjoyed The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands (still need to play batman season 2 which I've heard is a lot better than the first, and Guardians of the Galaxy) as far as the full experience goes. They're good immersive narratives whether they're told well or not. Better than all the pay to play stuff.
          BotW stripped dungeons and most of the heart of most of the old LoZ games. Not worth a system in my opinion. Not a terrible game, but not my cup.
          Last edited by Culpa the Moth Mage; July 9th, 2018, 02:55 AM.

• OrganizationXV
          OrganizationXV commented
          Editing a comment
          @Culpa the Moth Mage-
          I'm not hating, by the way, I like that you like stuff that most people write off. It's just weird that you're on the opposite end on this one.

• Culpa the Moth Mage
          Editing a comment
          Nintendo just dicks me around too much. I don't want to support them, but every now and then they make me really happy. It's a very toxic relationship we have. xD

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
        So it's just those 2 over and over then. Should have saw that coming I guess.

Already killed one.

Bastion for video game optimism? What are you talking about? I think modern gaming is an absolute dumpster fire lol.

Also I don't see why it's so weird for a Zelda fan to criticize the Zelda game that's trying it's hardest to not be a Zelda game. I already beat one of the Divine Beasts (the bird one) and it was basically a 5 minute long shrine, and that's supposed to be the closest this game has to dungeons. All of my exploring has only led to the same 2 things over and over again despite the overworld looking interesting to explore. A lot of the Korok """"puzzles"""" were literally "pick up this lone rock in a suspicious place". Some of the shrines literally just give you an orb. The worst weapon durability mechanic I have ever seen in a game. The enemy variety is lacking. The music so far has mostly been forgettable bland ambient piano chords. This game was in development since like 2012 and this is what the end product is. Did making the new physics engine really fuck over development that much? I don't see why I'm obligated to just blindly praise this game just because it's one of my favorite franchises, which is actually why I'm disappointed.

Like I said I've been having fun with the game but "paper mache weapons, copy/pasted assets for dungeons, and yah ha ha you found me" was the last thing that would have come to my mind when I thought "open-world Zelda game". I just can't see how anyone can say this is the best open world game ever unless they never played one because they stick to Nintendo and missed out on like 2 whole decades of them.

Oh yeah, and the Zelda series embracing shitty bushiness practices with all the amiibo-locked content is something I find disgusting. Yet Nintendo got away with it thanks to their hypocritical cucked fanbase.
        Isn't BOTW tryharding to be lile Zelda I?
        Originally posted by Oneiros
        In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
          Isn't BOTW tryharding to be lile Zelda I?
          No, that's a meme Aonuma came up with. The only similarity is that you can go to anywhere on the map right from the start.
          Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
            No, that's a meme Aonuma came up with. The only similarity is that you can go to anywhere on the map right from the start.
            and that they're both bad ayy LMAO

Comment

and that they're both bad ayy LMAO
              Yah ha ha you got me!
              Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Starting to finally get into Elder Scrolls Online a bit. Fun game so far.
                Did the final qualifier for July's tournament in Steep.
                Semi's should start in the next day or 2. Going to upload that run, and also do a stream of July's activities coming up this week.
                Trying to schedule streaming time and gaming time around the games I play, just need to get a decent amount into ESO before I can get a real schedule going. Need to nut up and find a team for Overwatch competitive, too.
                Planning on streaming some Steep, Guacamelee, and Tomb Raider this week. Going to finish the TR reboot, play through Guacamelee on hard mode for my 66th platinum trophy(going for one sitting. Speed run is just over 30 minutes, so I should be able to do it in a couple hours no problem), and Steep's july activities like I said.
                Next month and the month after are going to be a lot of streaming. Hoping to get some of my other videos up sometime soon, too.

Trying to get a video of my cat and dog being cute to get over 1k views each. Almost half way there, so making progress.
                Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                Culpa's Twitch Channel!
                PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
                  Did the final qualifier for July's tournament in Steep.
                  Semi's should start in the next day or 2. Going to upload that run, and also do a stream of July's activities coming up this week.
                  Trying to schedule streaming time and gaming time around the games I play, just need to get a decent amount into ESO before I can get a real schedule going. Need to nut up and find a team for Overwatch competitive, too.
                  Planning on streaming some Steep, Guacamelee, and Tomb Raider this week. Going to finish the TR reboot, play through Guacamelee on hard mode for my 66th platinum trophy(going for one sitting. Speed run is just over 30 minutes, so I should be able to do it in a couple hours no problem), and Steep's july activities like I said.
                  Next month and the month after are going to be a lot of streaming. Hoping to get some of my other videos up sometime soon, too.

Trying to get a video of my cat and dog being cute to get over 1k views each. Almost half way there, so making progress.
                  What classes are you running in ESO? I recently got back into it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
                    Yeah, I used to give that game a lot of flack for not being a direct sequel to Skyrim, but once I've seen it more as an MMO like it is, I'm enjoying it more.
                    In my mind...

Comment

Dark Souls: Hey let's make a maze-like area with a SHIT ton of aggressive fighters in tight spaces but, cool idea, let's put archers and sorcerers up in high places so the player gets fucked when trying to get through it. Also, let's put narrow + invisible platforms WITH huge golems in them and two or three of a previous boss you fought on the way from the nearest bonfire to the boss WITH some hyper tanky clams that glitch through to the boss battle and fuck you up, because why the fuck not

Jesus Christ, I didn't even have much trouble going through Duke's Archives and Crystal Cave, and Seath was a fucking joke once those clams didn't get in the way, but dear lord what were they thinking. This game was stellar until I got to New Londo. Thought ok, maybe one shit area is to be expected. Nope, boom, here's two mroe. I've been hearing Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith are pieces of shit as well, so I can't wait till I get there.

Comment

I've been hearing Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith are pieces of shit as well, so I can't wait till I get there.
                        You've seen nothing yet. The boss there is a real treat as well.
                        btw, go to the Painted World if you haven't already, and do the DLC before the final area.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

Yeah, I used to give that game a lot of flack for not being a direct sequel to Skyrim, but once I've seen it more as an MMO like it is, I'm enjoying it more.
                          I enjoy the more eye level view in the MMO. It actually feels nice.

Originally posted by Issa View Post

What classes are you running in ESO? I recently got back into it myself.
                          I'm playing a nightblade Kajiit and I'm focusing on a stamina DPS build to make me more of a Ranger class at the moment. The build I've been looking at switches between bow and duel wielding.
                          It's a lot ot get used to coming from Neverwinter I grew up on D&D, so NW was easy to get into). I've never really played an ES game (watched several people play them through, but never touched them myself) so the lore is my biggest hurtle here.
                          Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                          Culpa's Twitch Channel!
                          PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage;n496335[B
                            ]Starting to finally get into Elder Scrolls Online a bit. Fun game so far.
                            Did the final qualifier for July's tournament in Steep.[/B]

Did they ever fix the PVP lag?

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

You've seen nothing yet. The boss there is a real treat as well.
                              btw, go to the Painted World if you haven't already, and do the DLC before the final area.
                              Also what the fuck is this selective warping bullshit. I went to the Catacombs before Sen's Fortress because I wanted to skip that shit late game, now the fucking gay ass game is telling me there's no warp point there even though I found two bonfires.

>paying for the DLC
                              ahah, good thing I pirated the game

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Did they ever fix the PVP lag?
                                Not sure. I just started a week ago, and I'm not really a PvP person. A lot seemed to be fixed around Morrowind's release, though. The patch notes and changes were pretty extensive from what I read.
                                Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                                Culpa's Twitch Channel!

Comment

Also what the fuck is this selective warping bullshit. I went to the Catacombs before Sen's Fortress because I wanted to skip that shit late game, now the fucking gay ass game is telling me there's no warp point there even though I found two bonfires.
                                  The closest bonfire to warp to is in Tomb of The Giants, there are none in the catacombs. There's a shortcut from the first bonfire to Pinwheel though, I think you need to roll off the ledge at the end of the bridge outside the bonfire location. That'll save a lot of time.

They fixed the warping in DS3 at least

>paying for the DLC

Last edited by Louay; July 10th, 2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Doctor.
                                    Doctor. commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Yeah I know about the shortcut, I found it by accident and got to Pinwheel that way. There's a bonfire near the shortcut in an invisible wall, which I was hoping I could warp to, but whatever. Is there a way to kill the skeletons besides using divine weapons? Not too thrilled about downscalling on the DPS and go back to the Astora's Straight Sword I used to explore that shit now that I have good weapons.

• Louay
                                    Louay commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Nah, you can't permanently kill them without divine weapons. Use Silver Knight Spear if you worry about the damage, or you could make just about any weapon divine if you gave the divine ember to Andre, choose a duplicate of your weapon of choice and max it with titanite. you'll need it anyway for taking care of the skeletons in Nito's bossfight.

• Pocket Rocket
                                    Pocket Rocket commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    You can kill the skeletons permanently if you kill the necromancers reviving them. The necromancers don't respawn.

Dark Souls: Hey let's make a maze-like area with a SHIT ton of aggressive fighters in tight spaces but, cool idea, let's put archers and sorcerers up in high places so the player gets fucked when trying to get through it. Also, let's put narrow + invisible platforms WITH huge golems in them and two or three of a previous boss you fought on the way from the nearest bonfire to the boss WITH some hyper tanky clams that glitch through to the boss battle and fuck you up, because why the fuck not

Jesus Christ, I didn't even have much trouble going through Duke's Archives and Crystal Cave, and Seath was a fucking joke once those clams didn't get in the way, but dear lord what were they thinking. This game was stellar until I got to New Londo. Thought ok, maybe one shit area is to be expected. Nope, boom, here's two mroe. I've been hearing Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith are pieces of shit as well, so I can't wait till I get there.
                                  Most people generally agree that the post-Lordvessel areas take a dip in quality compared to the rest of the game. Oh and yeah Izalith and especially it's main boss are absolute bullshit.

>paying for the DLC
                                  Funny enough the remaster actually added a bonfire by that skeleton blacksmith in the catacombs lol.
                                  Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Demon Ruins is probably the most piece of shit area in the entire game. Let's put a swarm of previous boss enemies that can respawn and then let's have two bosses in a row, one which is just a literal recolor and the other is a piece of shit in an arena with 90% lava.

I feel like I shouldn't be complaining since I didn't have much trouble with the area but did they just get lazy in designing the last third of the game or what
                                    Last edited by Doctor.; July 11th, 2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Had a pretty good Overwatch match as Moira last night. Been trying to get good with her while I try for her trophies. She's another character I could really get behind.

Went through the final qualifier on Steep's July race tournament for the World Tour Season 2.

And I got to level 10 and started doing some guild quests in Elder Scrolls Online.

I have a week to do my steep stream before July's activities are gone, so I'm going to be doing that stream hopefully today (it's been a busy month or so, and I'm also in the middle of trying to move, so this month and the beginning of next are not good for me starting my streaming heavily). Want to do my Guacamelee stream first, but that one isn't as time intensive, so I'll start with Steep.
                                      This weekend I'm also finishing the first Tomb Raider with my wife.
                                      Next month we will be doing Rise of the Tomb Raider, and September we are hoping to buy Shadow of the Tomb Raider at midnight launch and stream it all night until we finish it.
                                      Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                                      Culpa's Twitch Channel!

Comment

Working...
                                    X