Official Yu-Gi-Oh Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Is it even more meta killing than the Pendulum monsters? I remember that made it So you could only either use Pendulums or hard-counter them.
    If anything, pendulum monsters enhanced older decks as it gave them ways to get big monsters on the board much faster and at a much lower cost. Link monsters on the other hand have pretty successfully killed off more than half of all older decks as now you only have ONE monster zone that you can summon extra deck monsters from. You can circumvent this however, by using link monsters which have their link markers. Any monster zone these link monsters point to become a monster zone that you can special summon monsters from the extra deck to. This forces ALL decks that rely on the extra deck to make room for link monsters (BUY OUR NEW CARDS, KOONAMI NEEDS THAT $$$) or just perform awfully. Many decks, like my heroes, can't really afford the extra ED space and end up taking out otherwise staple cards as a result. Koonami has tried to "fix" this problem through legacy support, giving older decks new link monsters tailored specifically to them, but even in that case you're still using a deck of which's goal isn't to summon link monsters, and since you have to summon them first due to the new rules, a lot of them end up functioning more slowly and more clunky as they can't really produce the extra resources needed for that extra ED summon. Keep in mind that not all decks have been affected this harshly, especially a lot of pendulum decks thanks to the Metalfoes Electrumite link monster, but a significant majority of older archetypes have been negatively impacted in some way. So in short, you need to have link monsters to stay relevant (unless you run shit like monarchs, nekroz, dark magician etc), even if you have the link monsters you still need to make room for them, and even if you do all that your deck will most likely STILL be taking a hit as these older decks weren't designed to make link monsters, they were designed to do whatever they were designed to do.

It's just business as usual for KOONAMI, but this generation it's worse than ever.
    Last edited by Yu; April 15th, 2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

That sounds truly horrible. Holy fuck, why would anyone do that?
      Originally posted by Wade
      It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        That sounds truly horrible. Holy fuck, why would anyone do that?
        Because koonami wants that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$, why else?

Also, to be fair, link summoning is by far the easiest summoning method to date, but still, you're going to need to pull out 2+ monsters in addition to whatever else you need to do, and as I previously said not all archetypes are both able to and can afford to bring out the extra resources needed to link summon.
        Last edited by Yu; April 15th, 2018, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Well whatever dumbass decided that creating Yugioh! Vrains was somehow gonna be the most intriguing way to go didn't exactly do anybody a favor. At this point I just think the guy wants to see Yugioh dead tbh. Think about it. How many times has Takahashi said he doesn't want to make another Yugioh! series and people basically forced the notion down his throat. Really I think he's just trying to kill Yugioh. I mean of course he would know these cards would actually be turned into a format.

Comment

Originally posted by .Kidd//Notwen View Post
            Well whatever dumbass decided that creating Yugioh! Vrains was somehow gonna be the most intriguing way to go didn't exactly do anybody a favor. At this point I just think the guy wants to see Yugioh dead tbh. Think about it. How many times has Takahashi said he doesn't want to make another Yugioh! series and people basically forced the notion down his throat. Really I think he's just trying to kill Yugioh. I mean of course he would know these cards would actually be turned into a format.
            Either that or Konami wanted to debilitate most decks to make people buy way more stuff
            Originally posted by Wade
            It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Comment

Originally posted by .Kidd//Notwen View Post
              Takahashi doesn't work on the anime or any of the new manga after the original, iirc. He only really worked on DSoD.
              Originally posted by Wade;n484984
              As Bill Cosby once said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Comment

We back
                https://imgur.com/Obaj5P0
                Last edited by .Kidd//Notwen; April 18th, 2018, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X