Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Comics General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New episode did pretty well in hitting some real issues.


    Looks like I need to start picking up Gotham City Garage and Bombshells United (luckily that one is about to end) since Canary is starting to show up.
    And I have to pick up the current arc in JL for that, too. Having a Canary collection is kinda costly right now. I love GA and BC, but if they could slow down a bit, I could do some more backlogging. I'm almost finished with their team up series from right before Blackest Night. Then I can focus on finishing the few N52 pieces I missed and finishing GA vol 1 and 2 so that I can move on to JLA stuff with the two and team ups from bronze and modern age.
    They're collecting all of GA's Golden Age stuff in some omnibuses, so I mostly need to worry about Silver Age at the end.

    I've got a pretty large GA and BC collection, and I've read every issue I own. Been trying to stay on top of things for the past 3-4 years, so it's mostly the stuff before that.
    I opened my box when BC's DCYou series came out, so I've tried to stay on top of the characters since then, though I did skip the initial Bombshells series, so I'll need to go back for Canary's appearances there.
    Getting pretty close with all the elseworlds stories, too. I know I need Injustice yr 1-2 for the characters. And one or 2 issues of Ground Zero that I missed. I know I need The Dark Knight Returns and The Dark Knight Strikes Back. But I'm not sure beyond that.
    Please Like, Share, & Subscribe to Culpa's Youtube Channel!
    Culpa's Twitch Channel!
    PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

    Comment


      Everyone is scared....

      Comment


        Originally posted by Redx View Post
        Everyone is scared....

        The issue is never about the politics to me. My issue is with the way the story is told. The way you have to drag a previous classic in the mud to glorify your ideal or political stance. As a reader I don't give a fuck about any of that.

        Funny enough these hack writers are too wrapped in their own bs to recognize quality stories that touch upon real issues exist. Static has everything from gangviolence, school shooting, racism and even homophobia. I am talking real homophobia getting shit pushed in for being gqy type homophobia. Not he hurt my feelings bullshit.

        Comment


          Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

          The issue is never about the politics to me. My issue is with the way the story is told. The way you have to drag a previous classic in the mud to glorify your ideal or political stance. As a reader I don't give a fuck about any of that.

          Funny enough these hack writers are too wrapped in their own bs to recognize quality stories that touch upon real issues exist. Static has everything from gangviolence, school shooting, racism and even homophobia. I am talking real homophobia getting shit pushed in for being gay type homophobia. Not he hurt my feelings bullshit.
          Exactly. People used to know how to touch on these issues intelligently without being so damn ham-fisted and in your face about it.

          They would just present the subject in it's realest form without injecting their own opinions. Thats what has people so shook about whats about to happen to Superman.

          ~RIP Man of Steel.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Redx View Post
            Exactly. People used to know how to touch on these issues intelligently without being so damn ham-fisted and in your face about it.

            They would just present the subject in it's realest form without injecting their own opinions. Thats what has people so shook about whats about to happen to Superman.

            ~RIP Man of Steel.
            This all day. The nonsensical gimmick shit they put in their comics makes me think they dont even know shit about the subject they are caping for. It only further illustrates how much of a joke politics has become. These writers don't design characters you give a fuck about anymore.

            Once again Static which I have been reading the old series. The second arc had him committing a home invasion with a supervillain. These writers will never do that show their precious sjw hero as a flawed person.

            Any ways out before superman divorces lois and hooks up with jimmy.
            Last edited by 40 acres; March 9th, 2018, 02:48 PM.

            Comment


              The Titans deserve better 33cf1d2b9390446903b3310d3556d4a0.jpg

              Comment


                Benjamin Percy is such a fucking cuck. Issue 38 of green arrow was painful to read more so than his other garbage.
                http://kinasin.tumblr.com/

                Comment


                  What? Mad that GA is being true to his character?

                  I'm so far behind on comics. Other than GA, I'm about a month behind, which sucks, because there has been a lot of GA and BC issues of shit lately.
                  Please Like, Share, & Subscribe to Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                  Culpa's Twitch Channel!
                  PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

                    This all day. The nonsensical gimmick shit they put in their comics makes me think they dont even know shit about the subject they are caping for. It only further illustrates how much of a joke politics has become. These writers don't design characters you give a fuck about anymore.

                    Once again Static which I have been reading the old series. The second arc had him committing a home invasion with a supervillain. These writers will never do that show their precious sjw hero as a flawed person.

                    Any ways out before superman divorces lois and hooks up with jimmy.
                    Thats reason #1 why I never cared about politics.

                    SJWs dug themselves a hole when they created these token characters. Now they can't explore them or give them depth for fear of hurting someone's feelings. lol.

                    Whats the name of the Static series you're reading? I'm probably gonna check it out.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Redx View Post
                      Thats reason #1 why I never cared about politics.

                      SJWs dug themselves a hole when they created these token characters. Now they can't explore them or give them depth for fear of hurting someone's feelings. lol.

                      Whats the name of the Static series you're reading? I'm probably gonna check it out.
                      A bunch of circular arguements no middle ground.

                      Yeah because they are not real characters. They are gimmick you can't do anything to otherwise you piss off people who don't even buy the comics lol.

                      Its called Static. Static shock was never his name Static was.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                        That they are daughter too fine to be wasting that body on vagina. Need some meat in her diet
                        Don't you talk about my wife like that.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                          Don't you talk about my wife like that.
                          Your wife can get it. She need a real nigga in her life to put her back on the right path.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

                            Your wife can get it. She need a real nigga in her life to put her back on the right path.
                            The second part was already implied, unless you think I go around marrying lesbos for the sake of novelty lol.

                            And put them dukes up. I'ma really be that goofy who claps his dawg (or gets clapped) over a chicken. Smh

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                              The second part was already implied, unless you think I go around marrying lesbos for the sake of novelty lol.

                              And put them dukes up. I'ma really be that goofy who claps his dawg (or gets clapped) over a chicken. Smh
                              I dont judge she can like Vagina. That is just one more thing we have in common. Just let me hit.

                              Dont be that guy who throws his whole life over a female that cucks him.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

                                I dont judge she can like Vagina. That is just one more thing we have in common. Just let me hit.

                                Dont be that guy who throws his whole life over a female that cucks him.
                                Idk, homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of the Lord. Getting her off the V is literally doing God's work. I am noble like that.

                                Ofc not, shit just reminded me of those Gemini bars...

                                Cuz goofies kill for that nooky, even clap at they dogs
                                Givin' they heart to these chickens, I'm unstrappin' they bras
                                Lending they cars to the chickens, even platinum cards
                                All in the mall with these chickens putting carats on arms
                                I have 'em posin' in pictures with my shaft in they jaws

                                Laughin' cuz Dro in my system plus I'm having a ball

                                Shit makes me roll to this very day. Bishop goes hard in the next verse too.
                                Last edited by Oneiros; March 16th, 2018, 07:46 PM.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                                  Idk, homosexuality is a sin in the eyes of the Lord. Getting her off the V is literally doing God's work. I am noble like that.

                                  Ofc not, shit just reminded me of those Gemini bars...

                                  Cuz goofies kill for that nooky, even clap at they dogs
                                  Givin' they heart to these chickens, I'm unstrappin' they bras
                                  Lending they cars to the chickens, even platinum cards
                                  All in the mall with these chickens putting carats on arms
                                  I have 'em posin' in pictures with my shaft in they jaws

                                  Laughin' cuz Dro in my system plus I'm having a ball

                                  Shit makes me roll to this very day. Bishop goes hard in the next verse too.
                                  Lol havent heard that track in along ass time.

                                  Speaking of Black lightning didnt know lady eve got clapped. I was enjoying her character.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                                    Lol havent heard that track in along ass time.

                                    Speaking of Black lightning didnt know lady eve got clapped. I was enjoying her character.
                                    Same. Just replayed that joint for the first time in years because I was wondering what happened to Gemini/Gemstones.

                                    Yeah, she was creepy as hell. R.I.P. Past few eps have been crazy in general (Tobias' sister and #2 also got rubbed, Jeff and Gambi had a falling out, Anissa is "apprenticing" with her Pops because BL got framed, Lala is back from the dead and crazier than ever etc.).

                                    Comment


                                      How is everyone liking Lala's arc in the Black Lightning show?

                                      Just picked up some of my comics. Could only grab 7 out of what has accumulated over the last month or 2. Had to pick up boards, too, so that cut into my cost. Still have 11 in my box, and at least 3 coming out on wednesday... Hopefully I can get to the shop next weekend to grab a handful of them, too.
                                      Please Like, Share, & Subscribe to Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                                      Culpa's Twitch Channel!
                                      PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                                        Same. Just replayed that joint for the first time in years because I was wondering what happened to Gemini/Gemstones.

                                        Yeah, she was creepy as hell. R.I.P. Past few eps have been crazy in general (Tobias' sister and #2 also got rubbed, Jeff and Gambi had a falling out, Anissa is "apprenticing" with her Pops because BL got framed, Lala is back from the dead and crazier than ever etc.).
                                        They were never that popular. So of course it was hard for them to maintain a career.

                                        Lala had me laughing that trying to smash ghosts. Brings in the old superhero trope that people don't stay dead in comics. Also they bringing in lightning pretty fast. The whole team will probably be formed by the end of the season.

                                        Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
                                        How is everyone liking Lala's arc in the Black Lightning show?

                                        Just picked up some of my comics. Could only grab 7 out of what has accumulated over the last month or 2. Had to pick up boards, too, so that cut into my cost. Still have 11 in my box, and at least 3 coming out on wednesday... Hopefully I can get to the shop next weekend to grab a handful of them, too.
                                        Lala actor is pretty dope. I like the energy he brings to the show. Especially the fact he is not cheesy.

                                        Too much shit to keep up with. I am backlogged on everything and need to catch up.
                                        Last edited by 40 acres; March 17th, 2018, 11:18 PM.

                                        Comment


                                          The whole resurrection thing is a little insane right now, but I'm loving it.
                                          Please Like, Share, & Subscribe to Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                                          Culpa's Twitch Channel!
                                          PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X