Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel Comics General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marvel Comics General Discussion

    http://kinasin.tumblr.com/

  • #2
    So that makes me what the third comic fan to join this site?

    Comment


    • #3
      Didn't know Kin made this. :D

      Comment


      • #4
        Totally going to pick up my Doctor Strange omnibus soon and read it all the way through again to get ready for the Doctor Strange movie coming out in the next few years. So fucking hyped.
        www.jill2016.com
        PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 19. Platinums: 30
        Currently playing: Injustice 2, Steep, Bioshock Collection
        Looking to grind trophies in: Mortal Kombat X, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Neverwinter (need dragon kills)

        Comment


        • #5
          speaking of Strange, Battleworld's Strange-possessed Punisher was such a cool idea



          I want astral guns in skyrim now

          Comment


          • #6
            So I was thinking all this time that Baron Summers was Scott which had me a little skeptical because he definitely made it to the arc. Then I remember that Havok still exists. . .

            So far Battleworld is pretty interesting.

            Can't wait for SW#3 though. Wanna see what the Cabal are gonna do.

            I liked Planet Hulk too.
            Last edited by Issa; May 23rd, 2015, 01:35 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm 5 comics in to the Civil War story arc. I love that the marvel unlimited app shows me all the individual series that are part of it and what order to read them in. Also remembering why I like Spider-Man so much.

              Comment


              • #8
                I can't get into spiderman myself -- i don't know if it's because of all the games and movies i've seen or what. I like some of his villains though

                for SW -

                Planet Hulk looks good so far, I'm interested in Armor Wars too. and A-Force was ok

                Master of Kung Fu and Spider-Verse are the weak ones for me just based on the 1st issues

                Comment


                • #9
                  My father is a giant Spiderman, Xmen/Wolverine, and F4 fan. So I grew up on those and love them still. Some of the only real Marvel stuff I can get super into. I'm primarily DC and Darkhorse.
                  www.jill2016.com
                  PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 19. Platinums: 30
                  Currently playing: Injustice 2, Steep, Bioshock Collection
                  Looking to grind trophies in: Mortal Kombat X, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Neverwinter (need dragon kills)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
                    My father is a giant Spiderman, Xmen/Wolverine, and F4 fan. So I grew up on those and love them still. Some of the only real Marvel stuff I can get super into. I'm primarily DC and Darkhorse.
                    Well if you ever want any X-Men reccs just let me know.

                    Vintage, new, golden era, etc.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm not particularly fond of the Fantastic Four myself. The characters don't seem as interesting to me, at least not in the few issues I've read.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cid View Post
                        I'm not particularly fond of the Fantastic Four myself. The characters don't seem as interesting to me, at least not in the few issues I've read.
                        When I was a kid, I used to adore the Fantastic Four. Couldn't care less nowadays, though. It's kinda weird.
                        Never forgetti


                        Originally posted by Kaijin_Style
                        Also do me a favor and don't kill yourself. I like to watch my enemies suffer an agonizing death but ya know since you are in mexico, seeing you bitch and whine about your feelings is the next best thing. Quiet cathartic really.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                          When I was a kid, I used to adore the Fantastic Four. Couldn't care less nowadays, though. It's kinda weird.
                          I was all about X-Men and Spider-Man. But probably more because of the cartoons. I never read comics.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So if I wanted to get into the new secret wars where is the optimal place to start?
                            ...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cid View Post

                              I was all about X-Men and Spider-Man. But probably more because of the cartoons. I never read comics.
                              Almost every superhero I'm a fan of, it's because they made a movie I enjoyed lol. Spiderman was my shit when I was younger. He's still in my top 3, actually.
                              Never forgetti


                              Originally posted by Kaijin_Style
                              Also do me a favor and don't kill yourself. I like to watch my enemies suffer an agonizing death but ya know since you are in mexico, seeing you bitch and whine about your feelings is the next best thing. Quiet cathartic really.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I only recently got into comics, and I get more of my knowledge from researching on the web and watching shit like Comic Book Men. I always loved watching the cartoons and live action shows, always loved super heroes, my dad just transitioned to Manga when I was younger, so we mostly just read that. He was also really big on Moon Knight, and has been rereading those it seems.
                                I may have to borrow from him, I know a lot about Marvel, but I know more about DC and Darkhorse universes.
                                www.jill2016.com
                                PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 19. Platinums: 30
                                Currently playing: Injustice 2, Steep, Bioshock Collection
                                Looking to grind trophies in: Mortal Kombat X, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Neverwinter (need dragon kills)

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  juh
                                  Originally posted by Dr Meeseeks View Post
                                  So if I wanted to get into the new secret wars where is the optimal place to start?
                                  Avengers Vol. 5 and New Avengers Vol. 2 by Jonathan Hickman.

                                  Total of 77 issues.

                                  These two are the very beginning. Goes from Infinity all the way to Secret Wars.
                                  Last edited by Issa; May 23rd, 2015, 09:44 PM.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Thanks atheist.
                                    ...

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                      Almost every superhero I'm a fan of, it's because they made a movie I enjoyed lol. Spiderman was my shit when I was younger. He's still in my top 3, actually.
                                      Only Spidey movie I like is the first Amazing Spider-Man. Tobey sucks. Lol

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        I liked Spidy 2, and loved both of the TAS movies. 2 was great to the story, and set up for so much...
                                        www.jill2016.com
                                        PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 19. Platinums: 30
                                        Currently playing: Injustice 2, Steep, Bioshock Collection
                                        Looking to grind trophies in: Mortal Kombat X, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Neverwinter (need dragon kills)

                                        Comment

                                        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

                                        Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

                                        Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X