Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comic Books - What are you currently reading?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last episodes of Arrow and Black Lightning were so heavy with politics, I love it.
    That Diggle/Ollie smackdown felt very Broken by Jeff Lemire. And once Diggle crossed that line, fuck, Ollie unloaded on him.
    Culpa's Youtube Channel!
    Culpa's Twitch Channel!
    PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Recently read through God Country and Memetic. Great short series.
      Also recently read Doomsday Clock 4, Metal 6, Green Arrow 39 (Great political issue about the effect our wars have on the radicalization of youth in war-torn nations), JLA 25-26 (the wrap up of the Angor stuff from the beginning of the series), JL 29-40 (still need issue 41 for the Justice Lost arc which is a crossover with the JLA. Only picked it up for the JLA stuff, but really enjoying the story about The Fan), Mister Miracle 7, & Snagglepuss 3.

Currently I'm about to start on Snaggluepuss issue 4, then maybe read the last 2 issues of Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands.
      Really excited for Creature of the Night to come back next week.
      Culpa's Youtube Channel!
      Culpa's Twitch Channel!
      PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Oh C'mon

Just caught the end of Invincible but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I saw this shit.

I know it makes sense and all but goddamn it's annoying. lol.

Still loved how it all ended though. Everything wrapped up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
          Oh C'mon

Just caught the end of Invincible but I couldn't help but roll my eyes when I saw this shit.

I know it makes sense and all but goddamn it's annoying. lol.

Still loved how it all ended though. Everything wrapped up nicely.
          You're the only person on here to bring up one of the GoAT books ending in all this time. Disappointing, really. Wanted to talk about it.

As for the epilogue itself, at least they didn't cheapen Nolan's death the same way. Probably the saddest point in the series even though we all knew it was coming.

Comment

Damn Invincible ended? Should catch up. Stopped reading when they changed the art.

It wasn't really bad, but it was a definite downgrade.
            Last edited by Zemoco; May 23rd, 2018, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

You're the only person on here to bring up one of the GoAT books ending in all this time. Disappointing, really. Wanted to talk about it.

As for the epilogue itself, at least they didn't cheapen Nolan's death the same way. Probably the saddest point in the series even though we all knew it was coming.
              Really? I thought I was late af and missed the discussion already.

I'm just glad it ended on a positive note. This series could get pretty damn dark when it wanted to. Despite using a few cliches they managed to handle the ending really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
                Really? I thought I was late af and missed the discussion already.

I'm just glad it ended on a positive note. This series could get pretty damn dark when it wanted to. Despite using a few cliches they managed to handle the ending really well.
                Nah. DS, Mana, and Kin are the only other people who might also be up to date and they're all super inactive. You're literally the only person to mention it in months. Lol

Agreed. Was a bit surprised there wasn't some drama involving Mark's lovechild, but pleasantly. The sins of the mother should not be inherited by the son. Also, wasn't too impressed with EoS Terra, but eh. It was always predominantly Mark's story, unless they release a spin-off...
                Last edited by Oneiros; May 28th, 2018, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Snagglepuss: Exit Stage Left by Mark Russell
                  Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                  Culpa's Twitch Channel!

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Nah. DS, Mana, and Kin are the only other people who might also be up to date and they're all super inactive. You're literally the only person to mention it in months. Lol

Agreed. Was a bit surprised there wasn't some drama involving Mark's lovechild, but pleasantly. The sins of the mother should not be inherited by the son. Also, wasn't too impressed with EoS Terra, but eh. It was always predominantly Mark's story, unless they release a spin-off...
                    Terra has always been spectacularly "meh". I gave her the benefit of the doubt because she was a kid but even when she's older she's still completely uninteresting. Liked how Mark's other kid's story was wrapped up. His story was actually interesting. His spin-off I might read. If there is one...
                    Last edited by Redx; June 2nd, 2018, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Oneiros
                      Oneiros commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed on all counts.

Jean Grey made blackbolt apologize like a bitch while also letting him know that she could fuck him up any time she wanted. Suck shit Inhumans.

Comment

read up on Black Science and just starting Descender

pretty interested in this one called The Weatherman coming out on the 13th

Comment

Been falling behind. Finished No Justice. The Ollie andAmanda stuff was the best part. Glad it’s the only part that got expanded on in the GA annual. Great issue and set up for the new writing team coming in August. Still need to read ga 41, though.

also finished Snagglepuss exit stage left. Great ending that made the whole thing HB canon. Well worth the read, as is his Flinstones series. Very deep, relevant, and political pieces. I’m excited to see what he does next.

hoping to get to a few more this weekend. GA41, a few more fcbd books, and some big titles I still need to catch upon
                        Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                        Culpa's Twitch Channel!

Comment

Been falling behind on my reading again.
                          Just got to GA41. Good issue. Reads like an action movie, though. Not too layered.
                          I wrote a small review on Reddit, and am actually thinking about doing character/arc/series run downs and maybe reviews on YouTube when I get my video editing stuff going.
                          Starting to write out some of the rundowns, or at least pile up which ones I want to do.
                          Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                          Culpa's Twitch Channel!

Comment

Death of the Inhumans #1

Dead royals, dead dogs, dead wives. Bodies dropping everywhere.

Lmao you know it's bad when they just make a clone of Black bolt with all the inhuman powers and call him a bad guy. That's how much direction the inhumans lack. Can't even generate a plausible villain at editorial.

Put this bad dog to sleep.
                            Last edited by Issa; July 6th, 2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Green Arrow 42 was much better. Added some depth to the arc, and was a nice commentary on the need for criminal justice/prison reform in the states.
                              Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                              Culpa's Twitch Channel!

Comment

Red hood pulled up on the penguin and put a bullet in his head on live tv. Red Hood reminding everyone he with the shits.

Amazing spide-man Peter getting fired again. Slott new run seems interesting though.
                                Last edited by 40 acres; July 15th, 2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X