Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Sasuke's Susanoo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Is a Raideen Copy
      >Is not even a mecha
      Try again kiddo

Comment

Originally posted by ShinGaoKaiser View Post

Well you should check it out anyway :p
        That and even on the site you just mentioned I found a 1080p version of Getter Robo Armageddon.
        There's also one of Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo.
        Problem is the seeding is too low. Even the one I downloaded has problems. I think I might need that link. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post

Problem is the seeding is too low. Even the one I downloaded has problems. I think I might need that link. lol.
          The seeding wasn't really a problem for me when I tried downloading it. Maybe you should try both if possible.
          This one is the 2nd one I downloaded and it works pretty well.
          The OtakuMura one is the 1st one I downloaded though, it took a while but I eventually got it.

Comment

The seeding wasn't really a problem for me when I tried downloading it. Maybe you should try both if possible.
            This one is the 2nd one I downloaded and it works pretty well.
            The OtakuMura one is the 1st one I downloaded though, it took a while but I eventually got it.
            Thanks. Gonna pick up where I left off.

Comment

Thanks. Gonna pick up where I left off.
              You're welcome.

Comment

You're welcome.
                There's a lot of technobable in these type of anime I still like it though.

Comment

Gonna start New Getter Robo soon.

ShinGaoKaiser What can you tell me about Shin Mazinger Shokugeki Z-Hen? Does it diverge too much from the original? If so is it still good? I plan to watch it after New Getter.

Comment

No Evangellion? No Big O? Not TTGL? Not real.
                    Culpa's Youtube Channel!
                    Culpa's Twitch Channel!
                    PSN Username- NikolaCulpa Trophy Level: 23. Platinums: 64 Currently Playing: Steep, Overwatch, etc.

Comment

Gonna start New Getter Robo soon.

ShinGaoKaiser What can you tell me about Shin Mazinger Shokugeki Z-Hen? Does it diverge too much from the original? If so is it still good? I plan to watch it after New Getter.
                      I haven't watched the show yet, and I'm still watching Toeizinger after Discotek Media subbed the whole thing. I also haven't gotten around to reading the original manga yet but I hear that Shin Mazinger follows the manga more.

Originally posted by Culpa the Moth Mage View Post
                      No Evangellion? No Big O? Not TTGL? Not real.
                      Evangelion isn't truly mecha tho, never mind the fact that I haven't seen it fully yet (meanwhile I've seen almost 30 other mecha anime).

The Big O is cool, but also confusing.

Like I said before, TTGL, as good as it is, is no more than a modern imitation of most every important mecha show that came in the 3 decades before it. Especially Getter Robo. And it was a very good imitation considering the fact that its two creators, Hiroyuki Imaishi and Kazuki Nakashima, were massive Super Robot fans and they knew what to cook up.
                      Imaishi worked on animation for Super Robot mecha shows like GaoGaiGar, Getter Robo Armageddon, and Gaiking LODM, as well as other mecha (like one Gundam series). Nakashima was an associate/protegé of Ken Ishikawa himself, the guy who made Getter Robo out of Go Nagai's idea for a combiner to begin with.

Only things they did different were using mecha with double faces (though they got even that from Gaiking) or just faces on the torsos as the default for the series and pushing the drill to #1 weapon status (even making it a symbol for what's basically their own version of Getter Rays which to their credit makes a lot of sense with regards to what evolution is) because in previous mecha series it was always #2 or lower (these like many other things in TTGL didn't catch on in the mecha genre as a whole which shows its lack of any meaningful influence in the end).

Hey, I'm only giving credit where it's due, nothin' personal. The list is based on credit more than anything as others (like Masami Ōbari for one) would refine and improve what they started with in later years.
                      Last edited by ShinGaoKaiser; June 12th, 2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X