One Piece Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
    Possibility but unlikely. I am thinking he A has an ability that can cause a global purge or B one of the devices that caused one piece to be a world of broken islands. Probably something related to the poneglyphs. Above all we not going to ignore the very obvious hidden boss set up Oda has been doing since the shibukai. You act like Oda is scared to add a world destroyer Whitebeard and Big mam are already haxx lol.
    I think if IM him/herself was actually that powerful the WG would have already found a way to leverage that power. They also wouldn’t shit themselves every time a Yonkou even calls another one on the phone.

They’re very aware that the Marines (and more specifically the Admirals) are their primary weapon and that there are pirates out there strong enough to take them on in a straight-up fight. The balance of power is crazy delicate and moving even one or two pieces out of place could bring the whole thing crashing down (which is why Luffy is officially a HUGE problem for them).

I agree that they have something serious up their sleeve though. The Marines as they are now probably couldn’t take on more than one Yonkou crew at a time. They’re literally just banking on the fact that none of these guys like each other and hoping for the best. If they really think they’re capable of “purging” the world there’s gotta be something they have that we haven’t seen yet. The Marines definitely aren’t enough.

Comment

• S3rp3nt3
      S3rp3nt3 commented
      Editing a comment
      But then they could risk to reveal Im-sama to everyone else, and if Im-sama is the treasure that Doffy has speak about.

Originally posted by Ademus View Post

I think if IM him/herself was actually that powerful the WG would have already found a way to leverage that power. They also wouldn’t shit themselves every time a Yonkou even calls another one on the phone.

They’re very aware that the Marines (and more specifically the Admirals) are their primary weapon and that there are pirates out there strong enough to take them on in a straight-up fight. The balance of power is crazy delicate and moving even one or two pieces out of place could bring the whole thing crashing down (which is why Luffy is officially a HUGE problem for them).

I agree that they have something serious up their sleeve though. The Marines as they are now probably couldn’t take on more than one Yonkou crew at a time. They’re literally just banking on the fact that none of these guys like each other and hoping for the best. If they really think they’re capable of “purging” the world there’s gotta be something they have that we haven’t seen yet. The Marines definitely aren’t enough.
    Not really there is the possibility of it being equal to what a nuke is in the real world. An ability or mechanism that can fuck up the world globally can't be used except for mainly as a threat. The marines are their normal weapons and military might.

The world government and the dragons seem to be hinted as something like noah ark descendants. Descendants of those who were chosen to avoid the original event. Which Alabasta seem to be traitors for staying with the ones abandoned. That is what I infer from all the clues Oda has put out about the wg.

Comment

Possibility but unlikely. I am thinking he A has an ability that can cause a global purge or B one of the devices that caused one piece to be a world of broken islands. Probably something related to the poneglyphs. Above all we not going to ignore the very obvious hidden boss set up Oda has been doing since the shibukai. You act like Oda is scared to add a world destroyer Whitebeard and Big mam are already haxx lol.
      That may be fine for the Yonkou but I don't this guy to be another last minute OP god villain.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
        That may be fine for the Yonkou but I don't this guy to be another last minute OP god villain.
        OP getting axed

Comment

Like I said, Im wasn't introduced in the last arc of One Piece, so he or she is not a last minute villain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post

Like I said, Im wasn't introduced in the last arc of One Piece, so he or she is not a last minute villain.
            I know. I just don't want him to come off like those last 2 mistakes. It'll leave a bad taste in my mouth if he's treated similarly to them. Good thing I trust Oda tho.

Comment

Comment

Exactly, Oda had all the necessary for develop his/her intro a great character, on the same level of any other OP antagonists such as Doflamingo.

And to be honest it would mind if he/she will indeed be the final boss of the series, it would make sense.

But don't worry Redx, it very likely that Luffy would probably forced to face Akainu first before Im-sama, so your boy would had the time to shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Someone's in denial that his shitty Yhwach was asspulled into the final arc of Clorox whereas OP isn't making the same mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

lol what damage bro? The story hasnt been written into a corner like Detergent

Comment

• Ademus
                      Ademus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol he's hella salty

Alright, NOW it's time for my page-by-page evaluation of the recent One Piece chapter:

- OK, it's pretty neat seeing Orlumbus writing down a guide as to what a pirate should do.

- LMAO. The series is being self-aware with the placement of Mansherry and Shirahoshi next to each other. It's also good to see Mansherry being useful.

- Pretty mature of King Neptune to accept that there are good and bad humans, which he acknowledges that that also applies to Fishmen. It should also be noted that Shirahoshi's brothers have stern looks on their faces, as if to show that they're not naive and whatnot. Leo flirting with the idea of attacking enemies at Mary Geoise without repercussions due to Mjosgard's permission is hysterical, but it'd be far wiser to not needlessly pick fights. Mjosgard is one of the MVPs of this arc, I can feel it. Pell, you should've been dead! It makes perfect sense for Fujitora to be speaking to Cobra and Riku since their kingdoms were screwed over by two Warlords.

- Sorbet Kingdom? It's as if it was part of Big Mom's territory, LOL.

- Fuck Charloss and Rosward.

- Kuma is Rosward's slave now? He was also the former king of Sorbet?! It's heartbreaking to see him like this. Good to hear Rosward noticing the trend of the Donquixote family, and he gives us more evidence that Mjosgard is truly reformed now. It's like Oda is aware that some readers are skeptical of Mjosgard's redemption and wants to put a rest to that incredulity right away.

- Holy shit! Bonney was Conney all along? I legit didn't see that coming. This reveal helps in explaining Bonney's motivations, but raises even more questions regarding her relationship with Kuma.

- It's so mindnumbingly bizarre to Kuma smiling, hehe. I still need to know Morley's power.

- Kuma can't be gone forever. That would be too big of a waste of a character that has yet to be fully fleshed out.

- Don't have much to say about the page detailing the World Government's range of influence and political power.

- What's gonna happen with Dalton and Wapol? Their panels are setting up something of some significance. Stelly also seems cautious, most likely because he wants to sit on the ''Empty Throne''. We'll get to why the last two words were on quotes.

- I wish the chairman of the Reverie had been a long-established character like Cobra or Riku, but I'm still curious to see how competent Abraham Lincoln...I mean, Han Berger, will be in the role. I'm digging the design of the British-themed king, and I'm speechless at how Hitler exists in the One Piece universe, ROFLMAO. I love OP's character diversity. That panel with all the kings and queens sitting down is magnificent.

- The Gorosei actually look pretty badass walking together in a straight line. After all, that's one of the coolest cliches in fiction. I have a MASSIVELY bad feeling about this ''Great Cleansing'' that Samurai Gandhi speaking of.

- Can I just say that I'm intrigued by the panel of IM holding and freeing a butterfly, while in a room that's full of flowers? It seems like they're building him/her up to be a figure that genuinely cares about peace and order, but will nonetheless adopt morally questionable methods to obtain them. The slashed posters say it all. Shirahoshi's poster indicates that IM knows that she is Poseidon. That's not good news in the least bit. To make matters worse, IM is holding a poster of Vivi, which means that she's on the former's blacklist.

- I can't believe it! The same figure who opened the vault to the mysterious oversized, frozen straw hat is the true head of the World Government?! Just seeing the Gorosei kneel before IM is an amazing sight. Looks like we're being set up for the final villain of the One Piece story, and that's a miracle because this isn't the last arc of the series, so IM has plenty of time to be developed as a character and earn the title of final boss.

Yet ANOTHER fantastic chapter of One Piece. I'm so hyped for the next chapter on next week. It's gonna continue the flawless streak of GOAT chapters.

Comment

There is always a last minute reveal on the final villain in shounens. Even if they do mention it. It is always a brief glimpse.

Final villains were definitely the most negative part of Naruto. They were mediocre as characters entertaining when it came to abilities. Danzo would have ironically been the best final villain imo.

That being said how many series final villains have actually been good. The last few has been trash especially Kaguya and Ywach. Can op break the trend lol?

Comment

There is always a last minute reveal on the final villain in shounens. Even if they do mention it. It is always a brief glimpse.

Final villains were definitely the most negative part of Naruto. They were mediocre as characters entertaining when it came to abilities. Danzo would have ironically been the best final villain imo.

That being said how many series final villains have actually been good. The last few has been trash especially Kaguya and Ywach. Can op break the trend lol?
                        Shonen actually has a few good final villains. Naruto and Bleach just sucked at it and they were both super popular so it gets a lot of attention. OP has already taken a step in the right direction though. We've been introduced to the character looooong before the end of the story. Hopefully this means we can avoid the whole "ancient and powerful secret puppet-master" asspull that the rest of the Big 3 fell to.

Also Madara definitely would've still been the best final villain. Things were great until Kaguya showed up out of nowhere. I guess that's for another thread though. lol
                        Last edited by Ademus; June 21st, 2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I don't care what you niggas are talking about, if IM is another deity character it's an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Ademus
                            Lol he's hella salty
                            I mean, you're not even wrong about that allegation, but that's because of the WC. Not because some weirdos are doubling down and defending a shitty shonen trope in a mediocre book that "definitely isn't a typical shonen hot mess." Lol
                            Last edited by Oneiros; June 21st, 2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                              I don't care what you niggas are talking about, if IM is another deity character it's an L.
                              Basically.

I hope it's a bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post
                                Basically.

I hope it's a bluff.
                                Same, introducing "gods" is the official sign that you have jumped the shark. It's dumb and lazy.

Comment

The last few has been trash especially Kaguya and Ywach.
                                  Lets not forget Acnologia. But to be fair Fairy Fail was always trash.

Can op break the trend lol?
                                  I'd say so. Oda is the GOAT and One Piece is the King of shounen for a reason.

if IM is another deity character it's an L.
                                  YES

Same, introducing "gods" is the official sign that you have jumped the shark. It's dumb and lazy.
                                  Agreed. Like I've said before a deity character would only work in One Piece as a joke/gag character. Not as a final boss.

Luckily being a "god" in One Piece is just a character theme and not literal at all.

Comment

Lets not forget Acnologia. But to be fair Fairy Fail was always trash.

I'd say so. Oda is the GOAT and One Piece is the King of shounen for a reason.
                                    You better hope its not the worst case scenario like what kishi did with Naruto. Codense everything in a few long ass arcs to end the story lol

Comment

Even if IM is a fighter, I don't think he or she will be at a level that even the Yonkou are considered insignificant next to. IM might not even cap at Roger level.

Comment

Working...
                                      X