No announcement yet.

One Piece Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave Jinbe behind was really a pointless move.

I really don't see why he shouldn't have go along on Wano, is not like he was the only one who can change the sea currents.

Comment

Originally posted by S3rp3nt3 View Post
      Which is why I think it won't actually happen.

Comment

• S3rp3nt3
        S3rp3nt3 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope.

Originally posted by S3rp3nt3 View Post

I really don't see why he shouldn't have go along on Wano, is not like he was the only one who can change the sea currents.
      He wasn't but he was easily the best at it out of all the fishmen present. Several of them were busy contending with Big Mom pirates too. They can only generate all the sea-changing power they need as a unit. Having Jinbei there to ensure they have enough firepower to get it done may or may not have been necessary, but it's far from pointless. Obviously Jinbei wants to see to it that some of his nakama make it out alive too, which is understandable. It's definitely frustrating, but not pointless at all.

Comment

I found his decision to be pointless as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerise View Post
          I found his decision to be pointless as well.
          I've said before that the addition of Jinbe fucks up the power structure within the the crew, I think Oda is going to use his absence in Wano to show that Luffy is clearly on another level and that Zoro and Sanji are at least close to Jinbe.
          Dennis: Charlie can't read.

Frank: He'll adapt.

Dennis: He'll adapt to reading?

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
            I've said before that the addition of Jinbe fucks up the power structure within the the crew,
            It doesn't though....

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
              It doesn't though....
              Depends on how strong you think Jinbe is. I still don't see Sanji or Zoro going 5 days against Ace when he was their age.

Comment

Oda needs better representation on observation haki. A zig zag exclamation, upside down question idk something

Comment

Depends on how strong you think Jinbe is.
                  He's right up there with both Zoro & Sanji. Though arguably stronger than both underwater.

His battle with Ace was impressive but I think they've caught up to him by now.

Oda needs better representation on observation haki. A zig zag exclamation, upside down question idk something
                  Not really. It's pretty obvious when they're using it based on the context.

EnemyOfDaState
                  I found what I was talking about before in regards to character arcs & overarching character arcs. The latter is what the strawhats have.

https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauth...s-in-a-series/

Whats odd though is that I can't find any in-depth discussions on this anywhere else. I guess it isn't talked about much.
                  Last edited by Redx; April 16th, 2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

He's right up there with both Zoro & Sanji. Though arguably stronger than both underwater.

His battle with Ace was impressive but I think they've caught up to him by now.

Not really. It's pretty obvious when they're using it based on the context.

EnemyOfDaState
                    I found what I was talking about before in regards to character arcs & overarching character arcs. The latter is what the strawhats have.

https://www.helpingwritersbecomeauth...s-in-a-series/

Whats odd though is that I can't find any in-depth discussions on this anywhere else. I guess it isn't talked about much.
                    The final point made is the most important one which is that you don't have to choose you can do both. A big issue with One Piece and other manga is that everything that is done to build towards the end goal, when you could do something completely unrelated to the main journey. The Foxy Arc was terrible but that was a good example of what I want to see more of, you can have personnel character goals being achieved throughout the story like finding the All Blue. It doesn't have to be connected to the overarching story.

Edit: Also I still don't think they are that strong, Pre-whitebeard Ace had became a super rookie, sailed the grand line, turned down the 7 Warlords position, entered the new world and meet with Shanks with what seemed to be a fodder crew.
                    Last edited by EnemyOfDaState; April 16th, 2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Sooooo... Anyone else here a Sanji fanboy? Coz I can't help but feel like my man has been shafted, in his own arc. Its kinda... disappointing to say the least.

Comment

It doesn't have to be connected to the overarching story.
                        Maybe he doesn't have to but I'd argue it works for One Piece's story.

Edit: Also I still don't think they are that strong, Pre-whitebeard Ace had became a super rookie, sailed the grand line, turned down the 7 Warlords position, entered the new world and meet with Shanks with what seemed to be a fodder crew.
                        Thats...hard to argue against. lol.

A Yonkou's territory is massive. They made it a point in this story that most people never even make it past the underlings or even get to so much as see a Yonkou. Yet somehow Ace made it all the way to fucking Shanks? The guy was probably more OP than people give him credit for.

But a large part of the reason I think they're on Jinbei's level is due to his portrayal on Fishman island.

King Solomon Almost every Sanji fan feels that way. They've been crying about it the whole arc. lol.
                        Last edited by Redx; April 16th, 2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Maybe he doesn't have to but I'd argue it works for One Piece's story.
                          I would argue it's hard to be invested when you know you aren't going to get any payoff until EOS.

But a large part of the reason I think they're on Jinbei's level is due to his portrayal on Fishman island.
                          I chalk that up to Jinbe wanting to make humans the heroes of FI, him and the Neptune Army probably could have beat Hody and his army.

Comment

Originally posted by King Solomon View Post
                            Sooooo... Anyone else here a Sanji fanboy? Coz I can't help but feel like my man has been shafted, in his own arc. Its kinda... disappointing to say the least.
                            You just found out now? lol

Comment

Whats gonna happen to Zeus?

Comment

I would argue it's hard to be invested when you know you aren't going to get any payoff until EOS.
                                Thats not really different than most television shows tbh.

However I'd argue the journey itself has far more payoffs to offer and the conclusion of a character's character arc is rather small by comparison.

I chalk that up to Jinbe wanting to make humans the heroes of FI, him and the Neptune Army probably could have beat Hody and his army.
                                Theres also him clashing with G2 for a bit that makes me wonder.

Whats gonna happen to Zeus?
                                Dunno. Zeus was missing this chapter. So was Sanji whom we don't see at all for some reason. Caesar is still missing. Pudding's 3rd eye power hasn't awakened. Plenty of plot points are still going.
                                Last edited by Redx; April 19th, 2018, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Spoilers for chapter 902 are out.

The chapter itself looks great but I don't know if I'm ok with this being the ending to the arc.

Looks like the reverie is starting after this chapter.

Comment

Spoilers for chapter 902 are out.

The chapter itself looks great but I don't know if I'm ok with this being the ending to the arc.

I hope it just "looks" I'd rather get more 10 chapters of good shit than one or two of rushed mediocrity

Comment

Originally posted by King Solomon View Post
                                      Lol

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                        X