Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Piece Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Nerise View Post
    Smoothie is conveniently gonna stay out of the combat by laying back.
    I think this is on purpose. After Kata and Cracker get replaced Smoothie will be the #1 Commander. She'll prolly even be Zoro's opponent.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Redx View Post
      I think this is on purpose. After Kata and Cracker get replaced Smoothie will be the #1 Commander. She'll prolly even be Zoro's opponent.
      Wait. Zoro? lol

      Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
      I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

      Comment


      • OrganizationXV
        OrganizationXV commented
        Editing a comment
        I think he means for a future arc?

        Redx- you weren't talking about, like, the next couple chapters, right?

      • Redx
        Redx commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry. Missed this. Yeah I meant a future arc. Specifically Elbaf.

      >Stuuupid people are still trying to claim the Don is "weak" for losing a non-1v1 and managing to survive Luffy's most powerful attack in his G4's power-mode with ruptured organs while guys like Cracker Jack and Doggy got KO'd by a non-ultimate from weaker (in terms of raw power) varitants of G4.

      >
      Last edited by Oneiros; March 11th, 2018, 01:54 AM. Reason: Typo

      Comment


        Originally posted by Redx View Post
        I think this is on purpose. After Kata and Cracker get replaced Smoothie will be the #1 Commander. She'll prolly even be Zoro's opponent.
        Even though I'm 98% sure that's exactly what will happen, this is mind-numbingly stupid for so many reasons. Not only can Cherry Flavor nip it in the bud by taking the passed-out Luffy's head at leisure, BM is going to (conveniently) drastically weaken her military strength by eating/killing/exiling her top two fighters and replacing them with people who are comparatively weaker? She really is autistic, huh.
        Last edited by Oneiros; March 11th, 2018, 01:52 AM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
          >Stuuupid people are still trying to claim the Don is "weak" for losing a non-1v1 and managing to survive Luffy's most powerful attack in his G4's power-mode with ruptured organs while guys like Cracker Jack and Doggy got KO'd by a non-ultimate from weaker (in terms of raw power) varitants of G4.

          >
          Lol nobody has ever tried to claim he's weak. Just weaker than top Yonkou commanders and admirals and anybody else who's actually been shown to be able to put up a fight against Boundman instead of getting speed-blitzed and pounded on until it wears off. It speaks to his toughness/durability for sure, but being able to get the shit kicked out of you longer than someone else certainly doesn't make you stronger than them. lol

          Ain't no shame in being a notch or two below the strongest fighters in the world though.
          Last edited by Ademus; March 11th, 2018, 03:24 PM.

          Comment


            So since Doffy and Law arent warlords anymore, who are gonna replace them? Is the system gonna be abolished at the Reverie? Or will they just reduce the numbers?
            Last edited by Nerise; March 11th, 2018, 03:39 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Ademus View Post

              Lol nobody has ever tried to claim he's weak. Just weaker than top Yonkou commanders and admirals and anybody else who's actually been shown to be able to put up a fight against Boundman instead of getting speed-blitzed and pounded on until it wears off. It speaks to his toughness/durability for sure, but being able to get the shit kicked out of you longer than someone else certainly doesn't make you stronger than them. lol

              Ain't no shame in being a notch or two below the strongest fighters in the world though.
              You must be new to the Internet or something. People in this very thread did.

              Boundman was only as effective as it was because it was conveniently perfectly suited for Doffy; similarly, Tankman was conveniently perfectly suited for Cracker and Snakeman was conveniently perfectly suited for Katakuri (this would be the main reason why I called this shitty, unaesthetic furrybait of a form an asspull earlier, by the way). Luffy would've gotten knocked silly, again, had he come at Doflamingo with Tankman or even Snakeman, lmao. After all, even Boundman had trouble overpowering the Awakened strings and putting Doffy down for the count.

              Katakuri may have stronger CoO and Cracker may have stronger CoA, but there's no proof that they're definitively stronger overall -- not only that, Doffy has (stronger) CoC, so... And let's not even ACT like irrelevant ass Smoothie is stronger, rofl.
              Last edited by Oneiros; March 11th, 2018, 09:02 PM. Reason: --

              Comment


                Originally posted by Redx View Post
                Watch the rest you lazy ass ninja.

                Judge may not be a hypocrite but he's still complete shit. Least Yassop still gave some of fuck.
                Watched it no new info was gained. Big mom is a terrible mother. Her family is a distorted cult and likely to easily betray her for slightest signs of real love or acknowledgement. I didnt need 30 minutes of listening to a cracker colonizer to know that.

                Yassop probably got a different family on multiple islands though.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                  Boundman was only as effective as it was because it was conveniently perfectly suited for Doffy; similarly, Tankman was conveniently perfectly suited for Cracker and Snakeman was conveniently perfectly suited for Katakuri (this would be the main reason why I called this shitty, unaesthetic furrybait of a form an asspull earlier, by the way). Luffy would've gotten knocked silly, again, had he come at Doflamingo with Tankman or even Snakeman, lmao. After all, even Boundman had trouble overpowering the Awakened strings and putting Doffy down for the count.

                  Katakuri may have stronger CoO and Cracker may have stronger CoA, but there's no proof that they're definitively stronger overall -- not only that, Doffy has (stronger) CoC, so... And let's not even ACT like irrelevant ass Smoothie is stronger, rofl.
                  Lmaooo your head-canon is something else man. That's just silly. Doflamingo wouldn't have been able to do any damage to Tankman (he never did any damage to Luffy in Gear 4 at all) and was already getting wtfblitzed by Boundman. The significantly faster Snakeman would completely destroy him at speeds he couldn't comprehend. There is NO version of Gear 4 that Doflamingo would stand any chance against. The technique as a whole is clearly beyond him. Honestly the only reason Doffy lasted that long in the first place is because Luffy ran out of steam right before he was able to land a finishing blow the first time he used it. Luffy had to adapt Gear 4 to fight Cracker and Katakuri because their Haki completely walled everything else. Even with CoC and awakening Doflamingo could never really defend himself. He blocked ONE attack when he caught Luffy off guard with awakening and even then he went back to getting bodied by Boundman again right after. Honestly Boundman barely struggled at all. Doffy just isn't on the same level. Both commanders are sporting stronger CoA and Katakuri has better CoO AND CoC to go with it.

                  The ONLY category in which Doflamingo has provided any evidence of being superior to (or even on the same level as) either of those guys is how many times he can get smacked by Gear 4 Luffy before he passes out (that total number being a super-impressive 5 times, btw). That's literally it. They clearly beat him in virtually everything else. The proof we got is them taking on the exact same opponent and actually being able to defend themselves and fight back/deal damage in return.
                  Last edited by Ademus; March 12th, 2018, 01:17 AM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                    Wait. Zoro? lol
                    Well she's got a sword so....lol.

                    Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                    Even though I'm 98% sure that's exactly what will happen, this is mind-numbingly stupid for so many reasons. Not only can Cherry Flavor nip it in the bud by taking the passed-out Luffy's head at leisure, BM is going to (conveniently) drastically weaken her military strength by eating/killing/exiling her top two fighters and replacing them with people who are comparatively weaker? She really is autistic, huh.
                    *shrugs* they could always train.

                    Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                    Boundman was only as effective as it was because it was conveniently perfectly suited for Doffy; similarly, Tankman was conveniently perfectly suited for Cracker and Snakeman was conveniently perfectly suited for Katakuri
                    It's not really convenient. This is more of Luffy choosing the proper form to suit the opponent he's facing.
                    Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                    Watched it no new info was gained. Big mom is a terrible mother. .
                    Not if you're gonna water it down to "Big Mom sucks"

                    The point was him thoroughly explaining why.

                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                    Damn, that's a good video. So many little details missed because we are reading this weekly, chapter by chapter without any in depth expositions.
                    One Piece is the kind of series that you need to look at the bigger picture to grasp the full context.

                    Comment


                      [QUOTE=Redx;n479320.
                      Not if you're gonna water it down to "Big Mom sucks"

                      [/QUOTE]
                      But that is what it comes down to Big mom sucks as a mother. She just has children to have a loyal army. I mean what you want an essay on it lol.

                      On a completely separate note this arc should have been the one she was defeated in. That or she should have never been introduced yet. Legit dont have time to revisit an arc with her. Based off just the main villains that are left and the pace oflda moves. Story looking like it has 10 years at a minimum left. Aint nobody got time for that.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                        But that is what it comes down to Big mom sucks as a mother. She just has children to have a loyal army. I mean what you want an essay on it lol.
                        Knowing why is important. How else would we know how well the conflict was written

                        On a completely separate note this arc should have been the one she was defeated in. That or she should have never been introduced yet. Legit dont have time to revisit an arc with her. Based off just the main villains that are left and the pace oda moves. Story looking like it has 10 years at a minimum left. Aint nobody got time for that.
                        Luffy obviously isn't ready to take on a Yonkou. Beating her here just wouldn't have been believable. The BM pirates are being fleshed out with this arc that basically serves as their introduction into the story. Like it or not we're gonna see them again in Elbaf.

                        Also, about Sanji ya'll should relax. He's gonna get his moment. Oda's just building up to it. I mean even Carrot got a moment this arc ya'll really think Sanji isn't bout to get his? please.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Redx View Post
                          Knowing why is important. How else would we know how well the conflict was written
                          I mean if you look at the entirety of the arc Oda does give her and her world depth. But I find this arc too much like filler. It slows down a already slow paced story. This is not a novel.

                          Luffy obviously isn't ready to take on a Yonkou. Beating her here just wouldn't have been believable. The BM pirates are being fleshed out with this arc that basically serves as their introduction into the story. Like it or not we're gonna see them again in Elbaf.

                          Also, about Sanji ya'll should relax. He's gonna get his moment. Oda's just building up to it. I mean even Carrot got a moment this arc ya'll really think Sanji isn't bout to get his? please.
                          Which is why she should have been introduced later. I mean I can see the set up for more allies like capone and germa for a bigger event later on. But looking at the story pace you are going to start wondering if Oda will even survive or have the patience to finish it. Just look at how many major villains are left. This arc alone took like what 2-3 years? Luffy legit has to snuff every last top tier each arc no losses or deviations still looking at probably 10 years. Going to have kids and divorces by then. That is if Oda doesn't say fuck that manga slave shit and get togashi dragonquest illness lol.

                          Getting a moment against fodders big mom second stringers you mean. Not brag worthy smoothie or nothing. If he don't he gets replaced by Jimbei. Jimbei bitch slapped big mom.

                          Comment


                            I saw the video. There wasnt anything there that we already didnt know. I did like the relation on how Rubber bounces back and mochi get pounded into shape when hit with adversity. Some shit he said like that.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Redx View Post
                              Also, about Sanji ya'll should relax. He's gonna get his moment. Oda's just building up to it. I mean even Carrot got a moment this arc ya'll really think Sanji isn't bout to get his? please.
                              I don't know man, I'm starting to lose faith in Sanji ever having his moment and even when he does finally get a chance to fight it won't be any different than his time with his father.

                              Like right now in the current chapter. If Zoro was there, he would've fodderized everyone at the mirror without trouble.

                              Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                              I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Redx View Post
                                Also, about Sanji ya'll should relax. He's gonna get his moment. Oda's just building up to it. I mean even Carrot got a moment this arc ya'll really think Sanji isn't bout to get his? please.
                                He just had his moment, making the cake.
                                But it's alright it was enough to drive a Yonko away, so yay

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Ademus View Post

                                  Lmaooo your head-canon is something else man. That's just silly. Doflamingo wouldn't have been able to do any damage to Tankman (he never did any damage to Luffy in Gear 4 at all) and was already getting wtfblitzed by Boundman. The significantly faster Snakeman would completely destroy him at speeds he couldn't comprehend. There is NO version of Gear 4 that Doflamingo would stand any chance against. The technique as a whole is clearly beyond him. Honestly the only reason Doffy lasted that long in the first place is because Luffy ran out of steam right before he was able to land a finishing blow the first time he used it. Luffy had to adapt Gear 4 to fight Cracker and Katakuri because their Haki completely walled everything else. Even with CoC and awakening Doflamingo could never really defend himself. He blocked ONE attack when he caught Luffy off guard with awakening and even then he went back to getting bodied by Boundman again right after. Honestly Boundman barely struggled at all. Doffy just isn't on the same level. Both commanders are sporting stronger CoA and Katakuri has better CoO AND CoC to go with it.

                                  The ONLY category in which Doflamingo has provided any evidence of being superior to (or even on the same level as) either of those guys is how many times he can get smacked by Gear 4 Luffy before he passes out (that total number being a super-impressive 5 times, btw). That's literally it. They clearly beat him in virtually everything else. The proof we got is them taking on the exact same opponent and actually being able to defend themselves and fight back/deal damage in return.
                                  Can we not? I feel as though I've had multiple variations of this exact same debate with you, on & off, since ~2013 (to no avail), and it's "getting" to the point where we both look like major autists. You're never going to admit that you're wrong and I'm never going to stop admitting that I'm right as always, so maybe it's just best to agree to disagree for good, yeah?

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                                    Can we not? I feel as though I've had multiple variations of this exact same debate with you, on & off, since ~2013 (to no avail), and it's "getting" to the point where we both look like major autists. You're never going to admit that you're wrong and I'm never going to stop admitting that I'm right as always, so maybe it's just best to agree to disagree for good, yeah?
                                    And, as usual, after realizing that you're completely wrong (again), and thoroughly contradicted by the source material (via generous examples I always provide), you bow out with something snippy instead of just admitting that I'm right (again). When you can present anything other than your opinion (preferably something factual from the source material) that explains why I'm wrong, I'll be quick to concede. That's actually how debate works my guy. It ain't even that deep. But seeing as though you haven't yet I guess imma just keep doing what I do when the mood strikes me. lol

                                    In other words, I accept your concession (again). 'Till next time Morphy. ;-)
                                    Last edited by Ademus; March 13th, 2018, 08:45 PM.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Ademus View Post

                                      And, as usual, after realizing that you're completely wrong (again), and thoroughly contradicted by the source material (via generous examples I always provide), you bow out with something snippy instead of just admitting that I'm right (again). When you can present anything other than your opinion (preferably something factual from the source material) that explains why I'm wrong, I'll be quick to concede. That's actually how debate works my guy. It ain't even that deep. But seeing as though you haven't yet I guess imma just keep doing me. lol
                                      Pfft, my dude. More like I realized that "debating" with you is an even bigger waste of time and energy than "debating" with most T5ers after you claimed Katakuri's CoC was stronger than Doffy's right after you called me out for having my own "headcanon" or summat, my guy. A totally-not-erroneous assertion that was backed by something factual from the source material like Katakuri awakening CoC at the same age as Ace himself whereas Doffy did it at a much later age, no doubt, my man. Still love you despite all your faults though, my pal.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                                        Pfft, my dude. More like I realized that "debating" with you is an even bigger waste of time and energy than "debating" with most T5ers after you claimed Katakuri's CoC was stronger than Doffy's right after you called me out for having my own "headcanon" or summat, my guy. A totally-not-erroneous assertion that was backed by something factual from the source material like Katakuri awakening CoC at the same age as Ace himself whereas Doffy did it at a much later age, no doubt, my man. Still love you despite all your faults though, my pal.
                                        1. I didn't mean that his CoC was stronger than Doffy's. I was saying that his CoO is stronger and he also has CoC, giving him all the tools Doffy has and then some.

                                        Let's assume I did though. Just for fun. This is why your point is still trash:

                                        2. We have NO idea when Katakuri awakened CoC. That "assertion" is nothing but assumption. No actual facts whatsoever. Something you do quite often in your "debates" and hella weak, but definitely nothing I factored in at all. Not even sure why you brought it up.

                                        3. Even if that assumption was correct, there's no evidence at all that awakening CoC first means you're automatically better at it than someone else who has it. There are plenty of characters in One Piece who have trained their Haki to be stronger than that of people who've been using it longer. Yet another assumption backed by nothing.

                                        4. All of this is still just you trying to ignore the rest of the argument and the fact (straight from the source material) that Doffy still got his shit pushed in (no contest at all, really) by a version of Luffy that Katakuri casually bodied with his clearly superior Haki. His CoC could very well be stronger than Doffy's which would be consistent considering he's vastly better at every other form of Haki too.

                                        So if that is how you came to your little realization then you're even worse at "debating" than I'd previously thought which is actually almost impressive at this point. lol
                                        Last edited by Ademus; March 14th, 2018, 12:04 AM.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X