One Piece Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ademus View Post

I guess, but even that's a tough sell considering he saw the sea king coming and that's what made him grab Luffy out of the way in the first place. The idea that somebody on his level couldn't defend themselves in that amount of time just doesn't seem believable.

We could have at least speculated about how strong the sea king was if Luffy hadn't knocked his ass out with a single punch damn near the very beginning of the story. At this point it just seems silly.
    Yeah the main question would be why. Theres still the Norse Arm offering theory, if Shanks has connections to Elbaf. Oda can still make it work so I'm not too concerned.

Side note have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IZDKuIALoM

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post

Yeah the main question would be why. Theres still the Norse Arm offering theory, if Shanks has connections to Elbaf. Oda can still make it work so I'm not too concerned.

Side note have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IZDKuIALoM
      I'd seen some of his stuff floating around but I hadn't gotten around to watching any. If he can make "Oda makes his characters big so you pay attention to them" sound that good i gotta check out the rest of his stuff. lol

Comment

Lol I ain't even look at the list.
        Lol, aight.
        That just makes it worse... Bruh really gonna sit here and call my taste "basic" and "shit" when his own favorite series is akin to a (bad) Disney cartoon. This shit tragic.

Comment

Redx you're Mr. Theorist, think of something

Comment

• Redx
            Redx commented
            Editing a comment
            The theories on it suck. And I don't feel like it. lol.

I'd seen some of his stuff floating around but I hadn't gotten around to watching any. If he can make "Oda makes his characters big so you pay attention to them" sound that good i gotta check out the rest of his stuff. lol
          Yeah the rest of his stuff is great. I've been talking to him on Orojackson. We've been sharing ideas and such. You should hear the way he views Marineford. Completely changed the way I look at that arc.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
            Anybody wonder if Oda will address the fodder fish eating Shanks arm. Especially with the introduction of haki that shit seems like a ridiculous plot hole now.
            Considering OP was originally supposed to 5 years iirc, maybe.

"My intellect prevails from a hanging cross with nails. I reinforce the frail, with lyrics that's real. Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats. I decipher prophecies through a mic and say peace."

Comment

Perhaps maybe Shanks was afraid that if he used Haki or killed the fish Luffy might die in the aftermath.

Comment

One theory I found earlier while browsing around this subject was that Shanks had panicked when he rushed over to safe Luffy. As we've learned with Katakuri, if a person's head isn't in the game and they are focused on using haki they can be injured. So the idea is that Shanks was like a terrified parent, rushing over to save Luffy and didn't think to use haki. The Seaking just got a clean shot when his guard was completely down.

That theory... I can accept.

It is that or he just didn't developed haki enough and despite being on Roger's ship he just didn't learn it. This is no different than being surprised Ussop got his arm chopped off despite being on the Strawhat ship, ya know a team who's captain just wrecked Don Flamingo. Ussop wouldn't be ready to fight with Haki despite just learning it and being in a team where there are so many proficient haki users. Especially when his captain has the rare and fable conqueror's haki.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

The theory that One Piece was never supposed to run this long and characters were never meant to be this strong seems the most likely tbh.

Comment

• OrganizationXV
                    OrganizationXV commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's not a theory, is it? I thought Oda confirmed it.

Luffy vs Katakuri scene from the new opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                    One theory I found earlier while browsing around this subject was that Shanks had panicked when he rushed over to safe Luffy. As we've learned with Katakuri, if a person's head isn't in the game and they are focused on using haki they can be injured. So the idea is that Shanks was like a terrified parent, rushing over to save Luffy and didn't think to use haki. The Seaking just got a clean shot when his guard was completely down.

That theory... I can accept.

It is that or he just didn't developed haki enough and despite being on Roger's ship he just didn't learn it. This is no different than being surprised Ussop got his arm chopped off despite being on the Strawhat ship, ya know a team who's captain just wrecked Don Flamingo. Ussop wouldn't be ready to fight with Haki despite just learning it and being in a team where there are so many proficient haki users. Especially when his captain has the rare and fable conqueror's haki.
                    I can see the former happening, but I don't specifically remember if he was panicking at all or not. I just remember he was real stoic after the fact.

I don't see Shanks being the Usopp of his crew, though. If he had no Haki skills at all, I don't see him ending up a Yonkou in however-many years it would've been.
                    Originally posted by Wade
                    It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Originally posted by Wade
                    I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                      The theory that One Piece was never supposed to run this long and characters were never meant to be this strong seems the most likely tbh.
                      Yeah, One Piece was never meant to be this long but at the same time Shanks was never even meant to lose his arm.

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
                        Perhaps maybe Shanks was afraid that if he used Haki or killed the fish Luffy might die in the aftermath.
                        kings haki users have better control over who they can knock out. so that doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I don't see Shanks being the Usopp of his crew, though. If he had no Haki skills at all, I don't see him ending up a Yonkou in however-many years it would've been.
                          I was meaning the Ussop of Roger's crew. Though that would be more Buggy than him but you get the idea.

It hasn't been explained but sometime after Roger's death he and Buggy went their separate ways. In the time between that and meeting Luffy he got his own pirate crew.

Then in between the time of giving Luffy the strawhat and Luffy setting sail on his own, Shanks became a Yonko? Or was he a Yonko before meeting Luffy? Not sure on that part but it is harder to believe he was a Yonko during the time he met Luffy.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                          I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Lol, aight.
                            That just makes it worse... Bruh really gonna sit here and call my taste "basic" and "shit" when his own favorite series is akin to a (bad) Disney cartoon. This shit tragic.
                            Aw man comparing the best comic ever to the best animation studio'll really show em

smfdh

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post

Aw man comparing the best comic ever to the best animation studio'll really show em

smfdh
                              ^dan has a point.

Comment

I mean, Morphy's favorite Asian comic book is Bleach, so he has no right to shit on my taste, roflmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Lol, aight.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerise View Post

Haven't watched a single episode of the anime aside from the pilot so you'll have to forgive me if I don't start seething upon seeing what I'm sure was excellent bait. Still, as a purveyor of the far superior series, I must do my solemn duty and give you an obligatory dirt nap anyway;

I'd take the Naruto treatment over the DBS treatment any day, LMFAO.
                                    Last edited by Oneiros; February 24th, 2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Ugh, Bleach was good, but it turned to shit, it turning to shit doesn't negate that it was good

Chad, Kanonji and Tessai are still them boys

Comment

• Issa
                                        Issa commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        It really is a shame that Tessai and kido in general just fell to the wayside.
                                    Working...
                                    X