No announcement yet.

One Piece Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oneiros said that Ichigo is a better shonen MC than Light Yagami.

Why does he still pretend to have better taste than all of us, again?

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Fixed

Edit: Also nice set, I watched Split like a month ago and it had me thinking about that movie.
      Thanks.

And believe it or not, I still haven't watched Bebop. Got too many movies and LA shows on my to-watch already so it's not high priority, unfortunately.

Originally posted by Tenryuunaito View Post
      Oneiros said that Ichigo is a better shonen MC than Light Yagami.

Why does he still pretend to have better taste than all of us, again?
      what even are commas
      Last edited by Oneiros; February 22nd, 2018, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Thanks.

And believe it or not, I still haven't watched Bebop. Got too many movies and LA shows on my to-watch already so it's not high priority, unfortunately.

I'm the same way with Death Note, i'm sure I will watch it one day but I couldn't say when.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

I'm the same way with Death Note, i'm sure I will watch it one day but I couldn't say when.
          Light alone makes it worth the watch because he, like Lelouch, isn't your typical goody-goody protag, imo.
          And while it does fall off ~2/3rds of the way in, the conclusion is still immensely satisfying if nothing else. And it's not super long either. < 40 20-min eps, iirc. That being said, I probably still wouldn't recommend it over even your average LA show. You're not missing out on too much. lol
          Last edited by Oneiros; February 22nd, 2018, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post

Nah Luffy is closer to Sun Wukong than Goku. This guy explains it:

Don't get me wrong it'd be cool and maybe even a little ironic to see Luffy after defeating so many psuedo "Gods" actually run up on a real one.

But theres no real reason why a literal god would exist in this series.
            How can you say that when db part one incorporated way more from journey from the west than one piece. In fact Luffy is a closer byproduct of that Goku than sun wukong.

Even without all that Sun Wukong is the wrong.example to use for your case. He was one of the original shounen protagonist before shounen even existed lol.

Comment

Thanks.

what even are commas
              >Hiding his shit taste behind a question over the structure of my previous post.

Can you get any more ludicrous after this?

Comment

LOL, even you don't believe that.

If anything, he's worse than 99% of shonen protags (most of whom are trash anyway, so...). Tanjirou >, Ichigo >, Kenshin >, Lelouch >, Light >, Edward >, Aladdin >, Yusuke >, Jio >, Allen > etc. etc. etc. Luffy being better than the literal WOATs like Natsu, Goku, and arguably Naruto is immaterial.
                LOL @ Ichigo being on that list let alone #2. Even if I were to grant you all that it's still 1% of shounen MCs. Meaning I'm still right.

Also, I was wondering where that faggot, Crismon, suddenly went off to... You assimilated him like a RL Teach, huh?
                God no. He's a Sanji fan. lmao.

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                How can you say that when db part one incorporated way more from journey from the west than one piece. In fact Luffy is a closer byproduct of that Goku than sun wukong.
                True, but my point was Oda took more from that story than he did from Goku. He only "kinda" had dragonball in mind when thinking about One Piece.
                Last edited by Redx; February 22nd, 2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

LOL, even you don't believe that.

If anything, he's worse than 99% of shonen protags (most of whom are trash anyway, so...). Tanjirou >, Ichigo >, Kenshin >, Lelouch >, Light >, Edward >, Aladdin >, Yusuke >, Jio >, Allen > etc. etc. etc. Luffy being better than the literal WOATs like Natsu, Goku, and arguably Naruto is immaterial.

Also, I was wondering where that faggot, Crismon, suddenly went off to... You assimilated him like a RL Teach, huh?
                  Yusuke is better than all of those though

Comment

Redx Whats Tequila Wolf for?

Comment

Anybody wonder if Oda will address the fodder fish eating Shanks arm. Especially with the introduction of haki that shit seems like a ridiculous plot hole now.
                      Last edited by 40 acres; February 22nd, 2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Anybody wonder if Oda will address the fodder fish eating Shanks arm. Especially with the introduction of haki that shit seems like a ridiculous plot hole now.
                        I heard shanks wasnt originally supposed to loose arm but odas editors forced him to do so
                        My laughter when I see stupid posts:

Comment

Shanks only knew how to use observation haki and kings haki at the time?

Don't know honestly, very good question...

Was he even a Emperor at the time it happened? I get the impression his crew wasn't that famous and didn't get far on the Grand Line yet.

Scratch that. Just re-read his history on the wiki. He was a Yonko by the time he met Luffy. Wtf. o.O
                          Last edited by Kajin_Style; February 22nd, 2018, 05:10 PM.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                          I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

>Hiding his shit taste behind a question over the structure of my previous post.

Lol I don't even know why you still entertain him. Morph has super basic shit taste. Dassit ("that's it" for those of you unfamiliar with ebonics).

Let it be known and ignored henceforth.

Comment

True. The having one arm actually makes him way more interesting as a character, but the stronger everyone gets the less believable it is.

Comment

Kajin_Style Don't trust the wiki. It's inaccurate. Theres nothing in the canon stating that Shanks was a Yonkou at that time he met Luffy.

Originally posted by Nerise View Post
                                Redx Whats Tequila Wolf for?
                                nobody knows that shit. lol.

Ignoring the fact that it was an editors decision heres one possible in-universe explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ademus View Post

True. The having one arm actually makes him way more interesting as a character, but the stronger everyone gets the less believable it is.
                                  I think it's possible One Piece characters can allow themselves to be injured when they want to. Roger allowed himself to be killed. Garp allowed himself to be injured by Luffy and Dadan. Sanji allowed himself to be injured by Viola despite casually tanking blows from Judge later with no damage. Theres been this implication in the series that characters can take damage if their guard is down. When Garp fell asleep he was cut by Morgan. Then we have Big Mom whose defenses drop when under severe psychological trauma.

I think it all ties back to Haki. They can raise and lower their defenses at will and they can be damaged if caught with their Haki down.
                                  Last edited by Redx; February 22nd, 2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I think it's possible One Piece characters can allow themselves to be injured when they want to. Roger allowed himself to be killed. Garp allowed himself to be injured by Luffy and Dadan. Sanji allowed himself to be injured by Viola despite casually tanking blows from Judge later with no damage. Theres been this implication in the series that characters can take damage if their guard is down. When Garp fell asleep he was cut by Morgan. Then we have Big Mom whose defenses drop when under severe psychological trauma.

I think it all ties back to Haki. They can raise and lower their defenses at will and they can be damaged if caught with their Haki down.
                                    Wasn't Roger chained by kairoseki tho
                                    Originally posted by Oneiros
                                    In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

• Redx
                                      Redx commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Roger didn't even have a DF. lol.

• Doctor.
                                      Doctor. commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      That we know of

LOL @ Ichigo being on that list let alone #2. Even if I were to grant you all that it's still 1% of shounen MCs. Meaning I'm still right.
                                    Originally posted by Impavido III View Post
                                    Yusuke is better than all of those though
                                    Originally posted by Ademus View Post
                                    Lol I don't even know why you still entertain him. Morph has super basic shit taste. Dassit ("that's it" for those of you unfamiliar with ebonics).

Let it be known and ignored henceforth.
                                    Why do none of you motherfuckers know how commas work? If the list were in chronological order, I wouldn't have put in the commas. But I did, so that means the characters are listed in no particular order...
                                    Last edited by Oneiros; February 22nd, 2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I guess, but even that's a tough sell considering he saw the sea king coming and that's what made him grab Luffy out of the way in the first place. The idea that somebody on his level couldn't defend themselves in that amount of time just doesn't seem believable.

We could have at least speculated about how strong the sea king was if Luffy hadn't knocked his ass out with a single punch damn near the very beginning of the story. At this point it just seems silly.

Comment

Why do none of you motherfuckers know how commas work? If the list were in chronological order, I wouldn't have put in the commas. But I did, so that means the characters are listed in no particular order...
                                        Lol I ain't even look at the list.

Comment

Working...
                                        X