No announcement yet.

One Piece Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it or not I think we've seen most of the Big Mom Crew's military might. From what we've seen a Yonkou's commanders are usually the strongest members of their crew whether they've got other alliances or not. I'm not even sure Big Mom or Kaido's crews really even work with standard alliances. It's either you and your crew are serving under them (and probably less powerful than their top brass) or you're actually a regular member of the crew yourself. Big Mom seems discard all the husbands she produces her powerful offspring with too, so who knows how many of those possible alliances she actually held on to.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

Well the giants have to be strong considering her obsession with them and not been conquered.

However they have two factions if I remember correctly that don't like each other.

Bottom line though is her crew is pretty underwhelming.
      Well yeah they're the strongest Kingdom in the World for a reason.

It's more than that. IIRC Saul implied there were numerous Giant races in or outside of Elbaf.

Nah it's just a matter of context. It's similar to the Vice Admiral situation. They're strong but they end up getting pitted against people way stronger than them and as a result end up looking weak. Same thing happened with Burgess. Oda hasn't given them enough moments to show off how powerful they are because he kept needing to create situations so that the strawhats could escape. Things are about to look even worse for them though. Going by Enies Lobby this is the moment were the strawhats were holding off hundreds of captain ranked Marines while waiting on Luffy. Since Oda's paralleling them we'll likely have Sanji taking on hundreds or thousands of BM pirates by himself. This could be Sanji's epic moment for this arc but it will also make the BM pirates look awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
        Well yeah they're the strongest Kingdom in the World for a reason.

It's more than that. IIRC Saul implied there were numerous Giant races in or outside of Elbaf.

Nah it's just a matter of context. It's similar to the Vice Admiral situation. They're strong but they end up getting pitted against people way stronger than them and as a result end up looking weak. Same thing happened with Burgess. Oda hasn't given them enough moments to show off how powerful they are because he kept needing to create situations so that the strawhats could escape. Things are about to look even worse for them though. Going by Enies Lobby this is the moment were the strawhats were holding off hundreds of captain ranked Marines while waiting on Luffy. Since Oda's paralleling them we'll likely have Sanji taking on hundreds or thousands of BM pirates by himself. This could be Sanji's epic moment for this arc but it will also make the BM pirates look awful.
        Well kinda easy for them. Even without trying their scrub giants would grow up to be a powerful force in paradise. Two fodder giants rampaged in enies lobby.

Yeah you are correct about the giants from different islands. Those are the ones that join the marines since they don't share the viking like ideals of the giants in Elbaf.

I am not delusional that small group of strawhats cant fight the entirety of her island. But they look weak as hell letting the strawhats rampage against their strongest fighters and then escape. I honestly don't expect a serious fight anymore after Katakuri vs Luffy. At best I just see Sanji and the strawhats rampaging against the bm pirates while big mom is distracted by the cake.

Comment

So I have been thinking, since the monster trio all have a type of Haki they are better at Sanji is probably going to get future sight at some point. With Zoro being skilled in CoA what do you think the next level of that skill is?

Comment

She needs to get that eating disorder in check. If she didnt have such a crazy fit this series would be over already. Then again if Akainu met the SH instead of Aokiji it would have been over
            Last edited by Nerise; February 13th, 2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
              I am not delusional that small group of strawhats cant fight the entirety of her island. But they look weak as hell letting the strawhats rampage against their strongest fighters and then escape. I honestly don't expect a serious fight anymore after Katakuri vs Luffy. At best I just see Sanji and the strawhats rampaging against the bm pirates while big mom is distracted by the cake.
              Thats largely the point of the arc it seems. To have the strawhats embarrass BM. The same way they embarrassed the Marines on Enies Lobby.

Sanji will most likely be forced to try and steal the mirror so that Luffy can safely exit when he's on the Sunny. Since Katakuri's the one who'll get sent flying out of the mirror Rob Lucci style due to Luffy's final attack.

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
              So I have been thinking, since the monster trio all have a type of Haki they are better at Sanji is probably going to get future sight at some point. With Zoro being skilled in CoA what do you think the next level of that skill is?
              I'm still expecting specialized Haki abilities like Hatsu from Hunter X Hunter.

Also still think thats what Asura and Diable Jamble actually are.
              Last edited by Redx; February 13th, 2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

My Gawd. This was absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Thats largely the point of the arc it seems. To have the strawhats embarrass BM. The same way they embarrassed the Marines on Enies Lobby.

Sanji will most likely be forced to try and steal the mirror so that Luffy can safely exit when he's on the Sunny. Since Katakuri's the one who'll get sent flying out of the mirror Rob Lucci style due to Luffy's final attack.

I'm still expecting specialized Haki abilities like Hatsu from Hunter X Hunter.

Also still think thats what Asura and Diable Jamble actually are.
                  My only problem with this is that is seems like too much. We already have 3 (4) types of Devil fruit all which are going to have a unique awakening, then you have 3 types of Haki all which can reach different levels and on top of that you are going to give everyone unique variations of your secondary power system? Oda needs to flesh out DF first imo.

Comment

My only problem with this is that is seems like too much. We already have 3 (4) types of Devil fruit all which are going to have a unique awakening, then you have 3 types of Haki all which can reach different levels and on top of that you are going to give everyone unique variations of your secondary power system? Oda needs to flesh out DF first imo.
                    I don't think it's too much, it's never been enough tbh.

Haki needs more fleshing out though. He's been vague as fuck about for decades. lol.

Comment

Also, guys you seriously need watch these videos.

Comment

I don't think it's too much, it's never been enough tbh.

Haki needs more fleshing out though. He's been vague as fuck about for decades. lol.
                        Naw the explanation of the powers hasn't been good enough but the amount of abilities is fine, DF's should have been fully explained pre-timeskip then you could have used Haki post-timeskip. Unfortunately we have two power systems that aren't fleshed out.
                        Last edited by EnemyOfDaState; February 14th, 2018, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Being able to expand your aura and create a defensive bubble? Or add multiple layers of armament haki that it expands into one? For zoro, adding haki to his flying slash attacks

Comment

Originally posted by Nerise View Post

Being able to expand your aura and create a defensive bubble? Or add multiple layers of armament haki that it expands into one? For zoro, adding haki to his flying slash attacks
                            I could see this, the further you move it away from your body the weaker it is but it provides 360 protection similar to Nobunaga from HXH

Comment

I could see this, the further you move it away from your body the weaker it is but it provides 360 protection similar to Nobunaga from HXH

Thats exactly where I got the idea from. Doing so can give Zoro more options to attack while not having to worry to defend as much. He can actually gain that Nobunaga ability through the means of observation. How about increasing your physical attributes greatly. Hardening your muscles so you can surpass your limits for a while. Ensuring your muscles wont tear if you try to jump higher than you can. Or Biceps if Zoro tries to do his phoenix attack at greater strength.

Comment

Happy Valentines day

Comment

Also, guys you seriously need watch these videos.

Sugoi !!
                                  You think japanese fans theorize just as us?

Comment

Naw the explanation of the powers hasn't been good enough but the amount of abilities is fine, DF's should have been fully explained pre-timeskip then you could have used Haki post-timeskip. Unfortunately we have two power systems that aren't fleshed out.
                                    Well yeah Oda has an obsession with mystery. I'm fine with Oda not focusing on Awakening preskip but Haki should have been completely explained instead of just giving us the basics.

My point however was that new abilities are coming whether we like it or not and this should have been obvious from the moment Rayleigh explained that he was only teaching Luffy the basics. It was already a given. And the fact that powers like Asura and Diable Jamble weren't explained suggests that it was always meant to be this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerise View Post

Sugoi !!
                                      You think japanese fans theorize just as us?
                                      I don't think they have to since that stuff is just a part of the culture.

They probably have a way better understanding of the series than we do and a lot of these things are just common sense to them.

Watch the other one I posted and check out his channel. He's got even more. All quality vids.

Comment

I don't think they have to since that stuff is just a part of the culture.

They probably have a way better understanding of the series than we do and a lot of these things are just common sense to them.

Watch the other one I posted and check out his channel. He's got even more. All quality vids.
                                        That's like saying that American fans never have to theorize about comics, isn't it?

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
                                        Do you really want to see who has more balls vegetable boy? I'd bend you harder than life has already. Quote that RussianCoffeeAddict.

Comment

Redx, those two videos you shared are fantastic. Goes to show how OP is deeper than initially realized.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X