One Piece Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightbuster30 View Post

CoO is exactly what I'm talking about. I wasn't talking about CoA.

My point is; I'm hoping that this new G4 form utilizes his improved CoO, and isn't an generic power boost. I mean it probably won't be the latter, but like you said: It's all in the execution.
    duh

Comment

Katakuri finally shows up in the anime.

Why does Toei always save the best animation for the less important scenes? That punch was epic as fuck.
      Where the hell was this kind of animation during the Cracker fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
        Katakuri finally shows up in the anime.

Why does Toei always save the best animation for the less important scenes? That punch was epic as fuck.
        Where the hell was this kind of animation during the Cracker fight?

Do they expand upon Crackers fight? That should have been very short considering how much was off paneled.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

Do they expand upon Crackers fight? That should have been very short considering how much was off paneled.
          Yeah. But that shit was gay. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerise View Post
            I dont see why its bullshit that Luffy has energy to spare since hes fighting for half a day(Maybe more?). But Ace and Jinbei were fighting for 5 days, akainu and Aokiji for 10 days
            To be fair those guys were fighting on even terms, while Luffy has mostly been getting smacked around.

Comment

^He should still have stamina in that range.

~Redx

Comment

When you're taking a beating do you lose that much stamina? I wonder who is gonna replace Cracker as a sweet Commander if any. Or did Snack vacate his position

Comment

When you're taking a beating do you lose that much stamina? I wonder who is gonna replace Cracker as a sweet Commander if any. Or did Snack vacate his position
                  Perospero would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Perospero would be my guess.
                    Cause when snack when down, instead of filling in for the 4th commander they just left if at 3. But if Cracker is out and katakuri, I mean you have to fill in and have at least 3 commanders right? I think after this arc the Big Mom pirates are gonna have an overhaul on their military power

Comment

Actually you do. Mostly cause your body is trying to heal the injury and focusing blood into that area, aka all the damn swelling. This includes hits to the body and the damage done internally.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                      I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Cause when snack when down, instead of filling in for the 4th commander they just left if at 3. But if Cracker is out and katakuri, I mean you have to fill in and have at least 3 commanders right? I think after this arc the Big Mom pirates are gonna have an overhaul on their military power
                        Dogtooth probably keeps his position regardless, even if he is defeated he is by far the strongest member of the crew. Perospero is my guess but Big Mom might still kill him for lying to her, Oven is probably going to get crushed by Sanji so maybe Daifuku will get the bump.

Comment

When you're taking a beating do you lose that much stamina?
                          If you're taking a beating for hours then yeah you should. But Luffy isn't normal I guess.

I feel like Big Mom's Crew is beyond salvaging at this point. Easy pickings for some other Yonkou soon enough.
                          Well it would be if Blackbeard and Kaido weren't busy, and if Shanks cared enough.
                          Last edited by Ladd; February 12th, 2018, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Dogtooth probably keeps his position regardless, even if he is defeated he is by far the strongest member of the crew. Perospero is my guess but Big Mom might still kill him for lying to her, Oven is probably going to get crushed by Sanji so maybe Daifuku will get the bump.
                            I dont see Perospero getting killed. He represents Candy itself, a sort of symbolism you could say. Plus Carrot got a carrot to pick with him

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post
                              If you're taking a beating for hours then yeah you should. But Luffy isn't normal I guess.

I feel like Big Mom's Crew is beyond salvaging at this point. Easy pickings for some other Yonkou soon enough.
                              Well it would be if Blackbeard and Kaido weren't busy, and if Shanks cared enough.
                              Right, enduring takes energy.
                              This is without a doubt their most embarrassing moment ever. They're getting out played by 1 supernova and friends. Managed to defeat 1 of their top fighters(about to be 2). Got their islands rekt(Big Mom herself) and their fleet is about to flanked and destroyed by the Germa. But it was their fault honestly, having a captain that rules through fear as Opera was too afraid to tell the truth and the whole pudding eye. Heck thats prolly why Bobbin didnt decide to tell anyone and handle business himself.
                              Kaido and Big Mom are out of whack, Kaido leaving whenever trying to kill himself and Big Mom into berserk eating disorders. Im surprised they even have a crew left.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post

If her crew is going to continue to be a an antagonist later on it needs an overhaul. Maybe an alliance with some of the giants on elbaf for example. That would be dope strawhats vs giants.

Comment

If her crew is going to continue to be a an antagonist later on it needs an overhaul. Maybe an alliance with some of the giants on elbaf for example. That would be dope strawhats vs giants.
                                  Yeah I talked about this on OJ. This could be exactly how we segue into Elbaf.

Luffy embarrasses her, steals her poneglyphs, defeats her strongest commander, exposes her assassination plot and the public learns how she treats her potential allies(the Vinsmokes) after this no one trusts her anymore and refuses to become allies with her.

Months later after Luffy's defeated Kaidou~

She slowly loses respect, her influence wanes and in her desperation she tries to make one last attempt to make amends with the Giants. Not knowing that the strawhats are on their way there too with the simple goal of going on an Adventure. Leading to a clash between the two.

Though theres probably going to be a bit of irony at play. BM might go to Elbaf seeking to ally with the Giants but they could end up allying with the strawhats instead which will be just one more thing that Luffy steals from her. I think if this happens BM will snap which is probably how Luffy vs Big Mon is gonna start.

Comment

Word thats what I said. We havent seen any of her allies like Whitebeard though. BM might need a world military draft of her own

Comment

Originally posted by Redx View Post
                                      Yeah I talked about this on OJ. This could be exactly how we segue into Elbaf.

Luffy embarrasses her, steals her poneglyphs, defeats her strongest commander, exposes her assassination plot and the public learns how she treats her potential allies(the Vinsmokes) after this no one trusts her anymore and refuses to become allies with her.

Months later after Luffy's defeated Kaidou~

She slowly loses respect, her influence wanes and in her desperation she tries to make one last attempt to make amends with the Giants. Not knowing that the strawhats are on their way there too with the simple goal of going on an Adventure. Leading to a clash between the two.

Though theres probably going to be a bit of irony at play. BM might go to Elbaf seeking to ally with the Giants but they could end up allying with the strawhats instead which will be just one more thing that Luffy steals from her. I think if this happens BM will snap which is probably how Luffy vs Big Mon is gonna start.
                                      Well the giants have to be strong considering her obsession with them and not been conquered. However they have two factions if I remember correctly that don't like each other. That will probably play a big role in the arc. Possibly her stirring the pot somehow. Actually there are more than a few routes Oda can go with it. Bottom line though is her crew is pretty underwhelming.

Word thats what I said. We havent seen any of her allies like Whitebeard though. BM might need a world military draft of her own
                                      There is that possibilities that her allies are stronger than the commanders. Each captain being as strong as a commander is a possibility. This can't be the full depth of her crew if it is definitely disappointing.
                                      Last edited by 40 acres; February 12th, 2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Believe it or not I think we've seen most of the Big Mom Crew's military might. From what we've seen a Yonkou's commanders are usually the strongest members of their crew whether they've got other alliances or not. I'm not even sure Big Mom or Kaido's crews really even work with standard alliances. It's either you and your crew are serving under them (and probably less powerful than their top brass) or you're actually a regular member of the crew yourself. Big Mom seems discard all the husbands she produces her powerful offspring with too, so who knows how many of those possible alliances she actually held on to.

Comment

Well the giants have to be strong considering her obsession with them and not been conquered.

However they have two factions if I remember correctly that don't like each other.

Bottom line though is her crew is pretty underwhelming.
                                          Well yeah they're the strongest Kingdom in the World for a reason.

It's more than that. IIRC Saul implied there were numerous Giant races in or outside of Elbaf.

Nah it's just a matter of context. It's similar to the Vice Admiral situation. They're strong but they end up getting pitted against people way stronger than them and as a result end up looking weak. Same thing happened with Burgess. Oda hasn't given them enough moments to show off how powerful they are because he kept needing to create situations so that the strawhats could escape. Things are about to look even worse for them though. Going by Enies Lobby this is the moment were the strawhats were holding off hundreds of captain ranked Marines while waiting on Luffy. Since Oda's paralleling them we'll likely have Sanji taking on hundreds or thousands of BM pirates by himself. This could be Sanji's epic moment for this arc but it will also make the BM pirates look awful.

Comment

Working...
                                          X