MMA Discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smilodon View Post
    So the way this fight went tells me how weak the heavyweight division is. Gus can give DC a hard as hell fight yethe GOAT UFC heavyweight couldn't finish 1 round with him. Also DC is pretty much GOAT along with GSP

Also make Costa vs Israel ffs.

Perry vs Felder was amazing fight, I'm a fan of both

Showtime was clean.

Fracis has lost his confidence, was expecting him to finish Lewis early. He really needs to get together with his team and bring it all his next fight or else he's done
    Ikr.

Levels to this shit.

Comment

So the way this fight went tells me how weak the heavyweight division is. Gus can give DC a hard as hell fight yethe GOAT UFC heavyweight couldn't finish 1 round with him. Also DC is pretty much GOAT along with GSP

Also make Costa vs Israel ffs.

Perry vs Felder was amazing fight, I'm a fan of both

Showtime was clean.

Fracis has lost his confidence, was expecting him to finish Lewis early. He really needs to get together with his team and bring it all his next fight or else he's done
      Stipe's elite, it's just that DC might be even better at HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Hank View Post

Stipe's elite, it's just that DC might be even better at HW.
        Stipe's elite at heavyweight but I'm positive Gus and Jones would beat any of the active heavyweights. All light heavys are basically heavyweights who cut weight. Gus for example would be big even for a heavyweight framewise. I'd say light heavyweights are overall more disciplined because you see how many of these heavyweights look fat and out shape and could easily be in the lower 200s when fit. But how many light heavys or middleweights in UFC look so out of shape? Heavyweights are also so sloppy, and slow (and old) compared to the lighter division fighters. Imo right now the heavyweight division is the weakest division in the UFC and Stipe should not have been #2 p4p which was a big joke. I mean fucking Francis came in with 0 wrestling or stamina vs Stipe and he was the #1 ranked fighter in HW just because of his power. That definitely wouldn't fly in any other division because the lighter class fighters are generally more skilled and athletic. Just my thoughts
        Last edited by Smilodon; July 8th, 2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Also if not Brock or Bones, I'd love to see DC vs Yoel at LHW or catchweight but that's just a dream

Comment

Stipe's elite at heavyweight but I'm positive Gus and Jones would beat any of the active heavyweights. All light heavys are basically heavyweights who cut weight. Gus for example would be big even for a heavyweight framewise. I'd say light heavyweights are overall more disciplined because you see how many of these heavyweights look fat and out shape and could easily be in the lower 200s when fit. But how many light heavys or middleweights in UFC look so out of shape? Heavyweights are also so sloppy, and slow (and old) compared to the lighter division fighters. Imo right now the heavyweight division is the weakest division in the UFC and Stipe should not have been #2 p4p which was a big joke. I mean fucking Francis came in with 0 wrestling or stamina vs Stipe and he was the #1 ranked fighter in HW just because of his power. That definitely wouldn't fly in any other division because the lighter class fighters are generally more skilled and athletic. Just my thoughts
            Depends, some smaller HWs like Cain and Mark Hunt can make 205 if needed. But guys like Lesnar and Ngannou are just too big to make 205.

And i would love to see Yoel vs DC too. Yoel is the more explosive athlete, wrestling is a toss-up, but DC has the better cardio and stand-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Hank View Post

Depends, some smaller HWs like Cain and Mark Hunt can make 205 if needed. But guys like Lesnar and Ngannou are just too big to make 205.

And i would love to see Yoel vs DC too. Yoel is the more explosive athlete, wrestling is a toss-up, but DC has the better cardio and stand-up.
              Idk about Hunt being able to make 205 lol. Dude usually weighs in at the 265 limit, don't just look at his height lol

Yup wrestling is about even, Yoel has explosiveness and DC has that grind. I think DC can take yoel down and control him in 4th and 5th rounds tho cause of superior cardio

Comment

Idk about Hunt being able to make 205 lol. Dude usually weighs in at the 265 limit, don't just look at his height lol

Yup wrestling is about even, Yoel has explosiveness and DC has that grind. I think DC can take yoel down and control him in 4th and 5th rounds tho cause of superior cardio
                I love Mark Hunt, but if he was truly disciplined diet wise, he could make that, he has a lot of excess fat that he could shed.

And about that match-up, DC has the more proven chin too.(has taken shots from Rumble, Stipe, and Gus) Yoel's chin is solid too, but he has never been hit by a guy with DC's power.
                Last edited by Uncle Hank; July 9th, 2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

USADA killed the heavyweight division.

"My intellect prevails from a hanging cross with nails. I reinforce the frail, with lyrics that's real. Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats. I decipher prophecies through a mic and say peace."

Comment

Working...
                  X