Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

must be sad when two geezers still outshine you year after year
    >Up against the literal GoAT and a figurative GoAT
    >Gets BTFO as expected
    >Sad
    >????

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

How would someone even quantify better players? I remember Croatia said they had better players than Mexico and would crush them and then ate 3 goals. It's rare to see professional teams shit talk and now we know why.
      Position-by-position comparison, not that it automatically means they're stronger, but when coupled with good management to bring the most out of these players then that teams is objectively better, of course there are other variables but I'm speaking in general here. Also, I already said that Mexico are currently a shadow of their former self, and for the record, Croatia only had a better midfield.

That is the point. It's not always the best team that wins. The team that wins is team with the most goals.
      That's exactly what I'm saying lol. Scores tell you who won but the performance tells you who the better team is. A team that won or lost in a close result is not necessarily as good as the other team.

I generally judge an areas level by their last WC performance. Either that or keep up with 20 or so teams, ain't nobody. Not 100% accurate but it gives a rough estimate.
      Italy in 2006: winner. In 2010: group stage exit.
      Spain in 2010: winner. In 2014: embarrassing group stage exit (and thrashed by the same team they beat in the final 4 years ago)
      4 years is too long of a period to judge, if you want a more accurate metric you have Euro and Copa America and the actual qualifiers, and to a lesser extent, friendlies in the last year.

I disagree. Mainly because it's hard to know what team is better for starters. SA has 3 teams that have been consistently good throughout a few decades, not 7. I'm sure it has to do with competition. Having the best in your area gives you a constant gauge at what level you are and what level you need to be.
      Nah, there were more than just 3 good ones in those last qualifiers lol. Teams don't stay on the same levels for decades, some become good and some get worse. When I'm saying a qualifier is easier or harder I mean the qualifiers of the current world cup. CONEMBOL, the hardest one in 2018 qualifiers, was easier in 2014, and SA's big five all made it comfortably, while this year even Argentina barely made it on the last game (Messi scoring a hattrick after they were down 0-1), because all the other teams improved, and Chile (back-to-back copa america champions) lost their spot to Peru, who might just be the surprise of this world cup. It was the opposite for NA, the 3 good teams they did have became weaker, and even with that they were still leagues above the 3 other teams.

What team are you going for?
      Me personally, I want Argentina to win but realistically speaking the title will go to either Brazil, Germany or Spain
      Last edited by Louay; June 10th, 2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

>Mbappe limping after a tackle by his teammate in training
        it's over for France

Comment

Still REELING because Italy and the Netherlands didn't qualify lol

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
            >Mbappe limping after a tackle by his teammate in training
            it's over for France
            It was over back in 2016 when they lost to a team of scrubs
            Originally posted by Oneiros
            In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
              have yet to meet someone in the us who cares about soccer
              Futbol you swine

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
                - -
                Ah, yes, maliciously editing posts. Are we back in 2013?

Comment

Spain sacked their coach one day before the wc lol
                  Also, it's official, WC 2026 will be in USA/Mexico/Canada. Congrats my (north)American friends
                  Last edited by Louay; June 13th, 2018, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Mother Russia takes the first win with a 5-0 against Saudi Arabia

Comment

>5audi Arabia

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Ah, yes, maliciously editing posts. Are we back in 2013?
                        How did I maliciously edit anything
                        Originally posted by Oneiros
                        In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

portugal spain tmrw :o oh my

that could be nice.

lol at 5-0 for russia

Comment

good lord that game was a massacre
                            Originally posted by #83.6666666667

I need to anonymously suck Helly's dick. I can't, how could I praise the greatest individual in the universe while maintaining my perfect reputation in this fine website?
                            "Intelligence, also known as general cognitive function or simply g, describes the shared variance that exists between diverse measures of cognitive ability."

So when they reference intelligence they mean cognitive function. What this means, I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                              have yet to meet someone in the us who cares about soccer
                              I take it you aren't accustomed to high society?

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                                Mother Russia takes the first win with a 5-0 against Saudi Arabia

2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

Position-by-position comparison, not that it automatically means they're stronger, but when coupled with good management to bring the most out of these players then that teams is objectively better, of course there are other variables but I'm speaking in general here. Also, I already said that Mexico are currently a shadow of their former self, and for the record, Croatia only had a better midfield.

That's exactly what I'm saying lol. Scores tell you who won but the performance tells you who the better team is. A team that won or lost in a close result is not necessarily as good as the other team.

Italy in 2006: winner. In 2010: group stage exit.
                                    Spain in 2010: winner. In 2014: embarrassing group stage exit (and thrashed by the same team they beat in the final 4 years ago)
                                    4 years is too long of a period to judge, if you want a more accurate metric you have Euro and Copa America and the actual qualifiers, and to a lesser extent, friendlies in the last year.

Nah, there were more than just 3 good ones in those last qualifiers lol. Teams don't stay on the same levels for decades, some become good and some get worse. When I'm saying a qualifier is easier or harder I mean the qualifiers of the current world cup. CONEMBOL, the hardest one in 2018 qualifiers, was easier in 2014, and SA's big five all made it comfortably, while this year even Argentina barely made it on the last game (Messi scoring a hattrick after they were down 0-1), because all the other teams improved, and Chile (back-to-back copa america champions) lost their spot to Peru, who might just be the surprise of this world cup. It was the opposite for NA, the 3 good teams they did have became weaker, and even with that they were still leagues above the 3 other teams.

Me personally, I want Argentina to win but realistically speaking the title will go to either Brazil, Germany or Spain
                                    Well I disagree. We have the first African team falling against a low level EuroAsian team by 5-0. Let's see how C&N America do.
                                    "“The distinction we’ve always made is there’s a difference between conducting espionage in order to protect national security and conduct military operations, and the theft of intellectual property for the benefit of companies inside your country,” said Michael Daniel, the White House cybersecurity coordinator under Obama."

Comment

Just caught the game; Saudis got butt-fucked almost as hard as Brazil in the '14 semis, R.I.P.

-EDIT- 62% possession w/ 6 shots & 0 shots on target. Loooooooool
                                      Last edited by Oneiros; June 15th, 2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Doctor.

Just HOW buttblasted are you that Messi and not Ronaldo got the SSjGwhatever Photoshop lol

Don't get me wrong... I'm pretty mad too, but you must be absolutely SEETHING, haha

Comment

So far, this WC has defied expectations. Between staple teams like Italy (and unironically, the US) not qualifying, yesterday's blow(nthefuck)out, and Uruguay being tied at half-time w/ freaking' Egypt, it's anyone's guess. Psychic octopuses or no.

Comment

Working...
                                          X