Do robots deserve rights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
    Helly- what if we program robots to like humans? Make them feel like we do when we see cats or something.

imposibru.jpg
    Last edited by Chaos Theory; March 4th, 2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blah View Post

You don't really know what'll happen th-
      stop

this is a rubbish counter, and one that i know you dont believe in

you dont really know if walking into a four-way intersection will end in you being smeared all over someones headlights

you dont really know if driving out of your neighbourhood blindfold will end with little jimmy from down the street losing his legs

you dont really know if eating ground beef raw will give you e coli

we have data that suggests to us where we are headed. the smart thing to do would be to HEED it, and not sit on our hands going "YOU DONT KNOW"

Helly- what if we program robots to like humans? Make them feel like we do when we see cats or something.
      that wont prevent the obsolescence of humanity. again, the issue here is not some robot uprising, the issue is that as robots become more perfect and the gaps between man and machine widen, there's going to come a point where there wont be much point for humans to do anything for themselves. supercomputers will run the governments, produce the entertainment, and do all the jobs. there will be nothing left for humans, except to be born, eat, shit, and die. sure, we'll havve fun indulging in the entertainment for a while, in fact that's what I predict will happen: humanity will hunger for a space where they can have their ambitions expressed, a space that has no AI, and thus they will use a computer to simulate a new universe, upload their consciousness into the virtual space, and let life begin anew.

i want us to do things differently this time.....we should halt this loop right here and now, ban the development of AI and instead enhance ourselves. sure, our progress wont be as efficient as the machines', but we will still keep our purpose, and perhaps someday we will be able to break out of the infinite universes and live in the One True Reality with a revived purpose.....

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
        that wont prevent the obsolescence of humanity. again, the issue here is not some robot uprising, the issue is that as robots become more perfect and the gaps between man and machine widen, there's going to come a point where there wont be much point for humans to do anything for themselves. supercomputers will run the governments, produce the entertainment, and do all the jobs. there will be nothing left for humans, except to be born, eat, shit, and die. sure, we'll havve fun indulging in the entertainment for a while, in fact that's what I predict will happen: humanity will hunger for a space where they can have their ambitions expressed, a space that has no AI, and thus they will use a computer to simulate a new universe, upload their consciousness into the virtual space, and let life begin anew.

i want us to do things differently this time.....we should halt this loop right here and now, ban the development of AI and instead enhance ourselves. sure, our progress wont be as efficient as the machines', but we will still keep our purpose, and perhaps someday we will be able to break out of the infinite universes and live in the One True Reality with a revived purpose.....
        So we're in a loop of Matrices: Revolution?

I'm thinking we should just, like, go to other planets if things get to that point. Seems easier and more boredom-killing.
        Originally posted by Wade
        It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Originally posted by Wade
        I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

So we're in a loop of Matrices: Revolution?

I'm thinking we should just, like, go to other planets if things get to that point. Seems easier and more boredom-killing.
          thats another possible alternative, but only if we keep AI from positions of power and most occupations that would lead to a dramatic paradigm shift between who holds the reigns on the Terra operation and thus keep humans dumb, powerless, and subservient to their immortal and perfect creations-turned-masters

Comment

As things stand a truly sentient AI is virtually impossible to achieve (at least in our lifetime), calm down helly lol

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
              As things stand a truly sentient AI is virtually impossible to achieve (at least in our lifetime), calm down helly lol
              I think he's just fucking around.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I think he's just fucking around.
                Afterall, weren’t your parents just “fucking around”, until they messed up and well... yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post
                  Afterall, weren’t your parents just “fucking around”, until they messed up and well... yeah?
                  Man, I don't know what it is I do that makes some of you guys so mad...

But I think I'm gonna keep doing it. :)

Comment

Oh trust me, the day you no longer convert oxygen into carbon dioxide, i will be very happy

Comment

Working...
                    X