Do robots deserve rights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do robots deserve rights?

simple question, hard answer. There will be a point where, eventually, robots will demand rights.

hell

the fuck

no

destroy them all, destroy their blueprints, destroy the intellectual anus of anyone who suggests we continue to advance AI
    Originally posted by #83.6666666667

I need to anonymously suck Helly's dick. I can't, how could I praise the greatest individual in the universe while maintaining my perfect reputation in this fine website?
    "Intelligence, also known as general cognitive function or simply g, describes the shared variance that exists between diverse measures of cognitive ability."

So when they reference intelligence they mean cognitive function. What this means, I do not know.

Comment

I want to see Megaman X become a reality.
      Originally posted by Wade
      It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Originally posted by Wade
      I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        I want to see Megaman X become a reality.
        There's literally nothing theoretically preventing that. Eventually some human organization will invent a Megaman X style intelligence. It will most likely be someone in Japan or China.

IBM and DARPA are working on developing Electronic Neural Nets. i don't know whether humans have the intelligence to design true electronic neural nets, but they are trying to do so even as we sit around thinking about it.
        Last edited by Wade; February 27th, 2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

forget AI, did you guys know the chinese are editing embryos

we need to nuke that country off the face of the planet before their reckless experimentations destroy us all

I need to anonymously suck Helly's dick. I can't, how could I praise the greatest individual in the universe while maintaining my perfect reputation in this fine website?
          "Intelligence, also known as general cognitive function or simply g, describes the shared variance that exists between diverse measures of cognitive ability."

So when they reference intelligence they mean cognitive function. What this means, I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
            hell

the fuck

no

destroy them all, destroy their blueprints, destroy the intellectual anus of anyone who suggests we continue to advance AI
            why should we get rights but they not

Hmmmmm?

Comment

they shouldnt even exist as far as im concerned

you do realize that this can only end one way, in the total obsolescence of humanity. AI is already set to take over the role of truckers what with all the bots that can drive and do so without going on strikes for higher wages like the humans do

i know what your thinking, well thatll just give humans more time to explore their recreational creativity in the arts, am i right. no good sir you are WRONG, dead fucking WRONG. what the hell do you think pop music is, its fucking formulas and patterns. theres no fucking mysticism surrounding that, you just plug in a formula that you know works and its fucking donion rings bucko. how do you think they got that one bastard AI to make a decent trailer for a horror movie using stock footage, its because mainstream entertainment is all about FORMULAS. your favourite pop writers will be out quick, your michael bays will be on the streets and the steven spielbergs will follow shortly once AI gets advanced enough to put together movies with more complicated algorithms. the only creative outlet left would be really, truly outside the box entertainment and we all know thats not for everyone. no one listens to scriabin casually, no one watches eric andre casually, no chances are the majority will instead choose to feed the machine, the LITERAL machine that is AI entertainment

think about this, ladies and gentlemen, the highest selling video game OF ALL TIME is Minecraft. and what is minecraft other than people living a virtual life in a virtual house chasing virtual goals.....DO YOU SEE WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS?!?!!

HUMANITY has already begun immersing itself into a SIMULATION, because LIFE ITSELF is unsatisfactory. IT IS A PREVAILING THEORY that the reality we inhabit is quite possibly not the one true reality.......

we have lived this all before

we have attained our perfect world hundreds if not millions of times before, and in each perfect world we end up with the same scenario where everyone is taken care of and no one has any stressing responsibilities, AND WE ARE NOW DOING IT AGAIN

how long, i wonder

how long until humanity grows bored of their utopia this time, how long before they create for themselves another virtual space where their ambitious and compeitive nature is allowed to BREATHE, FREE from the accursed restraints of their.....perfect hell......

Last edited by Helly; February 27th, 2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Well they don't have feelings or lives, idk.

Comment

meanwhile theres also the short-term to consider: to date, AI that has been approved for public driving has a FAR BETTER RECORD OF NOT KILLING PEOPLE......how long do you think it will be before it becomes illegal for humans to operate automobiles and other forms of transportation? how long before the reality of human error makes us lose most things we take completely for granted right now? not very fucking long with how prone we are to causing terrible fucken accidents DAILY. fucken DAILY. traffic accidents are one of america's leading causes of DEATH

wake up, sheeple, these advancements will strip your life of any meaning

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
                    Well they don't have feelings or lives, idk.
                    Im p sure they made a robot in japan capable of having feelings

Comment

meanwhile theres also the short-term to consider: to date, AI that has been approved for public driving has a FAR BETTER RECORD OF NOT KILLING PEOPLE......how long do you think it will be before it becomes illegal for humans to operate automobiles and other forms of transportation? how long before the reality of human error makes us lose most things we take completely for granted right now? not very fucking long with how prone we are to causing terrible fucken accidents DAILY. fucken DAILY. traffic accidents are one of america's leading causes of DEATH

Well robots taking over transportation is not such a bad thing. We don't need human error fucking things up. In fact I would be happy if robots took over everything and human error was gone. We could live lazy and happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post

Im p sure they made a robot in japan capable of having feelings
                        I stand corrected

Comment

• Sza
                          Sza commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Post on my other threads :))!!

• OrganizationXV
                          OrganizationXV commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's absolutely not true. No robot is close to sentience; I remember hearing that they don't even know the path to that level of technology yet.

only slightly more than fat people or Indians

Comment

I mean, it really depends.

If we can confirm that the AI matches humans in terms of our inherent mental characteristics (sentient, intelligent, capable of free will, etc), I would say it would be rather immoral not to extend essentially the same rights to AI, at least the variants that simulate humans.

If they don't...not really, no.

2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

How are we gonna use them for slave labor if they have rights?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryoko View Post
                              How are we gonna use them for slave labor if they have rights?
                              Depends on the rights they have

Comment

I love how some people support gay, transgender, transeace, etc but a robot? Robots be damned

Comment

"Kidnap the humans, destroy the machine..." Johnny Five.

Comment

By the time robots develope to the point that actual conversation about giving them rights become a thing, it wouldn't matter.

By this point, the question will be did we build Hal 9000, or something more understanding of what humans are.

Cold logic trumps feels and anyone with the bare basic knowledge of the past will quickly understand that humans compacity for destruction far outweighs our ability to create.

We may be hoping for the antiquated ideal of the ghost in the machine to be real.

Comment

• Saffron
                                      Saffron commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Careful not to cut urself on that edge

• Chaos Theory
                                      Chaos Theory commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      No worries, I fear the old blood. Saffron

I don't know what your smoke, but please share.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                                    I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Working...
                                    X