Deep Sea vs Deep Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Sea vs Deep Space

Which of two has more mysteries to them?
    Last edited by Darkseeker1379; January 3rd, 2018, 05:24 PM.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Space, easily.

Comment

Space is A LOT bigger lol. Aliens.
      "My intellect prevails from a hanging cross with nails. I reinforce the frail, with lyrics that's real. Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats. I decipher prophecies through a mic and say peace."

Comment

Antarctica>>>>>>>both
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
        Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
          Space is A LOT bigger lol. Aliens.
          Lol. It is a lot bigger. But keep in mind. We as a species know a lot more about whats out in space than what's at the bottom of the ocean. We've only explored 5% of it despite the fact that our planet is 75% water. Who knows what the hell is living down there.

Comment

For all we know we could be literally the only life in the galaxy (Major life anyway, I think they found some germs or some shit on mars right?)
            But we know for a fact there is crazy shit deep in the sea.
            So I'll give it to the deep sea for now.

Comment

My toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post

We as a species know a lot more about whats out in space than what's at the bottom of the ocean.
                wait

what

Comment

It's scarier underwater. For all we know cthulhu lives down there or something

Comment

more mysteries? space definetly.

more interesting for me personally:

deep sea. its an amazing ecosystem and i cant wait for future development in that regard.

Comment

We as a species know a lot more about whats out in space than what's at the bottom of the ocean.
                      Originally posted by A New Soul View Post
                      I think they found some germs or some shit on mars right?
                      Wat
                      Last edited by Cid; January 3rd, 2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Lol. It is a lot bigger. But keep in mind. We as a species know a lot more about whats out in space than what's at the bottom of the ocean. We've only explored 5% of it despite the fact that our planet is 75% water. Who knows what the hell is living down there.
                        The best you can expect is Atlantis and creepy looking fish. Or spongebob. Hopefully we can develop the technology that allows us to dive deeper without getting eaten by some Megalodon lookin ass creature.

"My intellect prevails from a hanging cross with nails. I reinforce the frail, with lyrics that's real. Word to Christ, a disciple of streets, trifle on beats. I decipher prophecies through a mic and say peace."

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                          The best you can expect is Atlantis and creepy looking fish. Or spongebob. Hopefully we can develop the technology that allows us to dive deeper without getting eaten by some Megalodon lookin ass creature.

My biggest fear when it comes to that is whenever we begin exploring the bottom of the ocean is that the explorers end up discovering and running into a giant sea monster that's the size of Australia.

Comment

Right, cause we've totally explored more than 5% of practically infinite space.

Comment

Originally posted by Thar View Post

Right, cause we've totally explored more than 5% of practically infinite space.
                              Even if we'd explored 90% of space, there would still be a hell of a lot more that we haven't explored and don't understand than what's in the ocean. We have a pretty good idea of what to expect in the rest of the ocean. It's going to be some type of carbon-based marine life... Very likely just offshoots of species we've already discovered. Can things get weird? Yeah, sure. But even the weirdest of the weird in the oceans will be within our realm of expectations.

Space on the other hand... Basically everything we know in astronomy is theoretical. Mathematics says it should have happened this way, or that should exist somewhere. But we haven't directly observed the overwhelming majority of it. We're not even entirely sure how planets form. We've got a pretty good educated guess with gravity and coalescing space dust and mathematically, the models work. But it's just theory, nothing proven because it has never been directly observed. To say that we know more about the fucking universe than we do our planet is absurdity at the highest levels.

This thread makes my head hurt.

Comment

The collective IQ of everyone on this site has to be about 2.

Comment

Comment

How do we define "Deep Space"? Is it just super far away from Earth, or is it just the space between galaxies? I'm pretty sure not much happens in that second thing.
                                    Originally posted by Wade
                                    It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

Comment

Easily a contender for top 10 dumbest shit ever said on this site

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                        How do we define "Deep Space"? Is it just super far away from Earth, or is it just the space between galaxies? I'm pretty sure not much happens in that second thing.
                                        NASA defines "deep space" as being beyond the Earth-Moon system.

Though I wouldn't be so quick to say that there's nothing happening in the space between galaxies. You do have rogue planets, stars, and black holes that get ejected from their hos galaxies. You also have dark matter.

Comment

Working...
                                        X