Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it's possible God exists, then God actually exists.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

The existence of an omniscient God doesn't preclude the existence of free will. A God can exist and not act beyond the creation of the universe, which is what deists believe.
    So he exists but doesn't directly act with the world/universe? So.. much like a force of nature.

Why would anyone bother worshiping him at this point is silly.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
    I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

That contradicts the ideas of prophecy, though, which Wade is super into. Also, I think there's a Bible verse about how God knows you before you're born, or something to that effect. Couldn't tell you the specifics, but omniscience definitely includes prescience in this case.
      Yup. This nonsense:

Jeremiah 1:5 -- "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations."

http://biblehub.com/jeremiah/1-5.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

So he exists but doesn't directly act with the world/universe? So.. much like a force of nature.

Why would anyone bother worshiping him at this point is silly.
        Deists don't worship him, I don't think. They just see God as an answer to the origin of life. It's more academic and less a political issue.
        Originally posted by Wade
        It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Deists don't worship him, I don't think. They just see God as an answer to the origin of life. It's more academic and less a political issue.
          More pathetic really. If you want an answer to the origin of life wait for science to figure out.

Fyi, science is pretty damn close to figuring it out.

Comment

More pathetic really. If you want an answer to the origin of life wait for science to figure out.

I didn't think you were a legit anti-theist, lol. What's wrong with people developing benign theories When there is no satisfying answer?

Also, I seriously doubt we're close to finding out how the matter in the universe was created. How would you even test a hypothesis for That?

Comment

I didn't think you were a legit anti-theist, lol. What's wrong with people developing benign theories When there is no satisfying answer?

Also, I seriously doubt we're close to finding out how the matter in the universe was created. How would you even test a hypothesis for That?
              I said origin of life, not matter lol

Origin of matter is much harder!

As for origin of life this video is where I'm basing that assumption from.

Comment

>being anti-religion in 2k18

wow sure is 2011 in here *tips fedora*

Comment

I said origin of life, not matter lol

Origin of matter is much harder!

As for origin of life this video is where I'm basing that assumption from.

Theories of Gods usually real with the origin of everything, deism included. Howecer, the God that Doc proposed wouldn't preclude any scientific explanation for the origin of life, because the whole idea is that he stepped back and would allow things to take their natural course.

Comment

I am not conceding this debate, but I am no longer participating, because the other side is not paying attention anyway, and because they are being perverted instead of being serious.

Comment

Theories of Gods usually real with the origin of everything, deism included. Howecer, the God that Doc proposed wouldn't preclude any scientific explanation for the origin of life, because the whole idea is that he stepped back and would allow things to take their natural course.
                      The real God obviously does let things take their natural course, but he does in fact perform miracles. I've personally eye-witnessed a miracle of Multiplication before. I've also seen a MIracle of Darkness one time too. It was a warning to me, and a Maglight Flashlight only penetrated a few feet into the darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                        I am not conceding this debate, but I am no longer participating, because the other side is not paying attention anyway, and because they are being perverted instead of being serious.
                        If it's possible that cats rule the world, then cats actually rule the world.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
                        2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

So because Shob memed, you're going to ignore the glaring hole in your belief system that renders your God impossible. But you don't lose the argument of course.

Give a straight answer that satisfies this problem or never talk about your religion again, because none of your 'miracles' mean anything if your God literally cannot exist.
                          Last edited by OrganizationXV; May 14th, 2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

they are being perverted instead of being serious.
                            Your ability to distinguish between the two is roughly on par with your ability to distinguish between scambots, and hot asian women who want to have sex with you.

The real God obviously does let things take their natural course, but he does in fact perform miracles. I've personally eye-witnessed a miracle of Multiplication before. I've also seen a MIracle of Darkness one time too. It was a warning to me, and a Maglight Flashlight only penetrated a few feet into the darkness.

...but you're mentally ill and your perception of the world does not comport with reality, so you are not a credible witness...

I am not conceding this debate, but I am no longer participating
                            "I'm not conceding the custody issue, Your Honor, but I am no longer seeking parenting time."

"I'm not working, but I am no longer unemployed."

"I didn't lose my virginity, but I am no longer not having sex."

_________

Concession accepted ya knob.

Get outta here with that weakshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

>being anti-religion in 2k18

wow sure is 2011 in here *tips fedora*
                              It get's him upvotes on the Rick and Morty subreddit at least.
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                              Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

renders your God impossible
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X