I'm jewish. AMA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm jewish. AMA

I'm bored and I'm tired of counting shekels. Ask me anything.

How big is your nose?

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
      How big is your nose?
      It's actually not really big.

Comment

Why don't you eat certain meats? God doesn't care what you eat, it's just illogical.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
          Why don't you eat certain meats? God doesn't care what you eat, it's just illogical.
          That is an imprudent and impertinent question, particularly since that logic could be readily be applied to any practice in any -- especially any monotheistic -- religion.

Comment

Because the Tora says so. There's no actual reasoning written, although many interpret it in different ways.

Personally, I've never been really tempted to eat anything that's considered not "Kosher", not because I was raised this way or anything, but I just don't feel like I'm missing out on much(I might be wrong, and I've been told I am). I guess I might try it one day, eventually. Not really sure, though.
            But I'll never eat anything that is not considered Kosher in front of my parents or orthodox family members, out of respect.

Kashrut is overall a pretty complicated and vast subject with many answers and interpretations.
            Last edited by Death Mark; December 21st, 2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
              That is an imprudent and impertinent question, particularly since that logic could be readily be applied to any practice in any -- especially any monotheistic -- religion.
              Calm down, I was just challenging him. He doesn't even take offense.

I think it's funny that you didn't say anything about the nose question, since that sounded even more rude even though it was just a joke.
              Last edited by Mae Borowski; December 21st, 2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

How big are your horns?
                Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Mark View Post

Because the Tora says so. There's no actual reasoning written, although many interpret it in different ways.

Personally, I've never been really tempted to eat anything that's considered not "Kosher", not because I was raised this way or anything, but I just don't feel like I'm missing out on much(I might be wrong, and I've been told I am). I guess I might try it one day, eventually. Not really sure, though.
                  But I'll never eat anything that is not considered Kosher in front of my parents or orthodox family members, out of respect.

Kashrut is overall a pretty complicated and vast subject with many answers and interpretations.
                  That's interesting :) I'm glad you don't feel the pressure anyway. There's no reason to eat anything you don't wanna eat since food is just stuff. I understand what it means to follow beliefs (even though I mostly follow impulse lol)

Comment

Calm down, I was just challenging him. He doesn't even take offense.
                    The question itself is inherently nonsensical without any context and was unnecessarily offensive with your dismissal of the practice as "illogical." That wasn't challenging him; that was just asking him a question that is pointless at best given the aforementioned lack of context, regardless of how you meant it.

It is propitious that he didn't take offense, but such knowledge after the fact shouldn't be your basis for posing potentially disrespectful queries. In a hypothetical, I too wouldn't mind that question and would sincerely answer it; but one can never assume that of others, especially in matters which can often be quite sensitive.

I'm not attacking you, and I really don't think this is serious; sorry if it came across as otherwise. :}
                    However, you can't preach tolerance and understanding -- something I've noted you are wont to do -- while asking fundamentally intolerant questions and then justifying the act poorly.

I think it's funny that you didn't say anything about the nose question, since that sounded even more rude even though it was just a joke.
                    Distasteful thought it might have been, that question was obviously a joke and would not be taken seriously by most people regardless.

Comment

The question itself is inherently nonsensical without any context and was unnecessarily offensive with your dismissal of the practice as "illogical." That wasn't challenging him; that was just asking him a question that is pointless at best given the aforementioned lack of context, regardless of how you meant it.

It is propitious that he didn't take offense, but such knowledge after the fact shouldn't be your basis for posing potentially disrespectful queries. In a hypothetical, I too wouldn't mind that question and would sincerely answer it; but one can never assume that of others, especially in matters which can often be quite sensitive.

I'm not attacking you, and I really don't think this is serious; sorry if it came across as otherwise. :}
                      However, you can't preach tolerance and understanding -- something I've noted you are wont to do -- while asking fundamentally intolerant questions and then justifying the act poorly.

Distasteful thought it might have been, that question was obviously a joke and would not be taken seriously by most people regardless.
                      The scenario that played out made sense in my head. It went the way I wanted, so it would be pointless to argue with you. I don't actually feel intolerant towards his beliefs, I just asked an intolerant question for the sake of a response. It just made sense in my head.
                      Last edited by Mae Borowski; December 21st, 2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

how did you survive the gas chambers

Comment

• Phobetor
                          Phobetor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Chill.

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
                        Phobetor
                        And you scold me, smh

Comment

• Phobetor
                          Phobetor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have faith that you can improve in all respects, unlike Doc.

• Death Mark
                          Death Mark commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No need to scold anyone. I knew exactly what kind of crowd I'd be attracting(well, not all of the joke questions are necessarily from people who genuinely dislike jews). I was looking for both a serious discussion and have some giggles about jewish stereotypes(even if they laugh at me and not with me I'm just taking it as a joke).

That being said, I'm REALLY bored lately.

Phobetor
                        And you scold me, smh
                        It's a legit question

Comment

Nah, that's fine. It was just a question.

That's interesting :) I'm glad you don't feel the pressure anyway. There's no reason to eat anything you don't wanna eat since food is just stuff. I understand what it means to follow beliefs (even though I mostly follow impulse lol)
                          Judaism helped me a lot with controling my impulses(Although, sometimes you just can't).

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                          How big are your horns?

I broke the two horns on my head when I nose-dived into my pile of shekels hidden in my 100% kosher vault underneath my mansion(It's right next to the dungeon where I keep the children of the goym, because you know, we need to make some Matzas using their flesh).
                          Last edited by Death Mark; December 21st, 2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Phobetor
                            Phobetor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Fair enough! :}

I put my nose against the wall while 2 other fellows from both sides spun me around- resulting in my drilling through the wall(hence, my nose is not that big anymore), then I used my Jewjitsu skills to beat the Nazi soldiers and safely escape the Ghetto using the same method we did to escape the gas chambers(we had to use another guy for the nose shtick, though).

Comment

Originally posted by Death Mark View Post

I put my nose against the wall while 2 other fellows from both sides spun me around- resulting in my drilling through the wall(hence, my nose is not that big anymore), then I used my Jewjitsu skills to beat the Nazi soldiers and safely escape the Ghetto using the same method we did to escape the gas chambers(we had to use another guy for the nose shtick, though).
                            That's all well and good but it doesn't explain how you rule the world behind the scenes right now

Comment

That's all well and good but it doesn't explain how you rule the world behind the scenes right now
                              We use forbidden Jewish jutsus on powerful individuals.

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't preach anything anymore. Idk

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                  How big are your horns?
                                  I don't think Jewish people grow horns like you'd expect a ram to have horns on top of its head, PR.

Are you perhaps confusing the Mongolians with the Jews, by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                                  X