This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randoguy View Post

I've never heard about this Chinese Soviet Republic. Yeah those policies were ugly
    I don't really know much about it either. I only really learned of it looking at that same site with the high body count listed for Communism.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
    2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
      Hey, you willing to answer any of this...?

I mean, I need someone to answer it...
      Yeah... and oh boy saying “like father like son” comparing russia to china when china is very clearly superior in a traditional sense.. oh boy.. ill get to it.

im curious to see what foreigners think about chinese apps that have replaced the western ones. Like Baidu, WeChat etc.

In fact, many western apps have begone to strive towards copying these apps (ironic really) due to how much these apps are capable of doing and how much they change everyday life in china.

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post

Yeah... and oh boy saying “like father like son” comparing russia to china when china is very clearly superior in a traditional sense.. oh boy.. ill get to it.

im curious to see what foreigners think about chinese apps that have replaced the western ones. Like Baidu, WeChat etc.

In fact, many western apps have begone to strive towards copying these apps (ironic really) due to how much these apps are capable of doing and how much they change everyday life in china.
        I'm not comparing China to Russia.

I'm comparing China to the Soviet Union, lol.

USSR =/= Russia.

2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Misread your post ngl i skimmed it but ok, that makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Randoguy View Post

None of this is surprising. The Han Chinese are trying to wipe out the Tibetans and Uighur's. And there's a lot that is never found out.
            You're right, that must be why their population is bigger than before the PRC came to power

Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

I wanted to clear things up first. Chinese Government isn’t all that “tyrannical” or the like as western media tends to paint it as. If anything the chinese government may be amongst the most powerful in the world with it’s influence and power, but also successfully succeded at achieving a nation wide unity of sorts. Which is reasonable. You don’t need checks and balances when you have the world’s biggest nation ripe for the world’s most massive revolution if put at risk. To top it off, Xi Jinping created the chinese dream, and due to the victim complex of many chinese citizens, only helps the chinese government unify it’s people under a strong and secure sense of nationalism the which America cannot even compare.

China does seem to want to use artificial intelligence and new technologies in near-Orwellian ways, mostly in the surveillance element. China also seems to have increased its persecution of the Uyghur minority ("Re-education camps"). So, how far will China go in terms of its authoritarian tendencies...?
              Surveillance? Eh I sincerely doubt that. Ethics may be frowned upon here when compared to western ethics, but rest assured chinese people are perfectly okay with it.. seriously.. there’s a serious mindset of sorts that they want to benefit the nation as a whole, which I think is pretty admirable. And even if you consider it “authoritarian”, you have to admit... it’s extremely efficient in getting things done. I myself haven’t seen much “Uyghur” wiping out, so i don’t have much to say on that, but from personal experience, many chinese people are quite happy and comfortable in their homeland.

is the Chinese Commie Party harvesting Falun Gong practitioners' organs or no...???
              nope.... short answer but yeah, nope.

Culturally, yes, that's what the Chinese are aiming for. They want to completely convert the occupied territories to their mode of thinking and wipe out their identities, including language and cultural traditions.
              errr.... no. The Chinese seek to fully unify the nation, atleast as much as possible. There are sub-groups of chinese people highly relevant in china atm, and even multiple distinct chinese languages.. Hokkien, Hakka, Cantoneese, and of course... Mandarin. They’re called “dialects”, but they don’t find into any definitions of that word. Each people’s have diverging cultures (i.e Hmong) and their own mutually related cultures. China is not as bad a country as media outlets tend to paint in. ( which is probably along the lines of English Propaganda )

Comment

I wanted to clear things up first. Chinese Government isn’t all that “tyrannical” or the like as western media tends to paint it as. If anything the chinese government may be amongst the most powerful in the world with it’s influence and power, but also successfully succeded at achieving a nation wide unity of sorts. Which is reasonable. You don’t need checks and balances when you have the world’s biggest nation ripe for the world’s most massive revolution if put at risk. To top it off, Xi Jinping created the chinese dream, and due to the victim complex of many chinese citizens, only helps the chinese government unify it’s people under a strong and secure sense of nationalism the which America cannot even compare.

Surveillance? Eh I sincerely doubt that. Ethics may be frowned upon here when compared to western ethics, but rest assured chinese people are perfectly okay with it.. seriously.. there’s a serious mindset of sorts that they want to benefit the nation as a whole, which I think is pretty admirable. And even if you consider it “authoritarian”, you have to admit... it’s extremely efficient in getting things done. I myself haven’t seen much “Uyghur” wiping out, so i don’t have much to say on that, but from personal experience, many chinese people are quite happy and comfortable in their homeland.

nope.... short answer but yeah, nope.

errr.... no. The Chinese seek to fully unify the nation, atleast as much as possible. There are sub-groups of chinese people highly relevant in china atm, and even multiple distinct chinese languages.. Hokkien, Hakka, Cantoneese, and of course... Mandarin. They’re called “dialects”, but they don’t find into any definitions of that word. Each people’s have diverging cultures (i.e Hmong) and their own mutually related cultures. China is not as bad a country as media outlets tend to paint in. ( which is probably along the lines of English Propaganda )
                "It's propaganda-"

Modern China is the descendant of a ruthless totalitarian state which turned its people into brainwashed maniacs for 10 whole years at one point, and into human flesh eaters for 4 whole years, too, without a care in the world.

Yes, I'm sure they'd never be willing to commit ethnically based persecution...

Refer to Shob's posts on this matter as I'm too lazy to dig up other accounts myself ATM.

The idea that China is "not as bad of a country" as media outlets tend to paint it in is something I am very skeptical of, especially the Chinese "you're hurting the feelings of the Chinese people by saying Taiwan is independent" Communist Party. It's a tactic that has been done in addressing many Communist countries during the 20th century, and it helped to keep a pretty horrible genocide (the Holodomor) a near-complete secret for nearly 50 years, so sorry if I'm a little skeptical of that.
                Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; May 26th, 2018, 12:33 AM.

Comment

i dont know about china but politically things are all good over here

Comment

"It's propaganda-"

Modern China is the descendant of a ruthless totalitarian state which turned its people into brainwashed maniacs for 10 whole years at one point, and into human flesh eaters for 4 whole years, too, without a care in the world.
                    Modern USA is the descendant of a highly oppressive and colonial state who denied minorities the right to vote and committed atrocities globally in the name of power. And while to an extent the same problems exist today, it's pretty clearly much better than it was before, and it's disingenuous to act like China can't also have improved to a similar if not larger extent.

Yes, I'm sure they'd never be willing to commit ethnically based persecution...
                    Minorities in China enjoy one of the most generous affirmative action programs in the world, as well as other government sponsored benefits, and were exempt from policies such as the one-child policy. China has a recognized 56 minorities, and many more unrecognized. The number of ethnicities in China only goes higher when you recall than "Han" is as much of a catch-all term as "white people" is in the US. Uyghurs are the exception, not the rule, and that's largely from the terrorist threat they pose (you can thank the USSR for that). Even in regards to China's reaction to separatist movements in Tibet, for the average Tibetan quality of living has soared, and over 50% of the ethnic population (who would've been peasants living under feudal lords prior to reunification with China) approves of the Chinese government.

Refer to Shob's posts on this matter as I'm too lazy to dig up other accounts myself ATM.

The idea that China is "not as bad of a country" as media outlets tend to paint it in is something I am very skeptical of, especially the Chinese "you're hurting the feelings of the Chinese people by saying Taiwan is independent" Communist Party. It's a tactic that has been done in addressing many Communist countries during the 20th century, and it helped to keep a pretty horrible genocide (the Holodomor) a near-complete secret for nearly 50 years, so sorry if I'm a little skeptical of that.
                    I'd just like to clear something up at the end of this post- I'm certainly not trying to say that China has no room for improvement, and that there are no problems with the country, because there clearly are. However, it's pretty undeniable that Western reporting in regards to China is fairly biased, when you consider how much disinformation is spreaded as fact in regard's to both China's internal and foreign policy (the latter of which is especially troubling when you consider the fact that every controversial territorial claim China has was fully supported by the West... while China was ruled by their puppets. Also consider a lot of projection in regards to calling China a colonial power... for the crime of high risk investments). For example, it's pretty disingenuous to claim that China is genociding minorities, when minority populations are actually increasing...

In regards to the "hurting the feelings of the Chinese people" thing, China's immaturity in foreign affairs (compared with their rather effective foreign policy), that can be explained by the fact that China's foreign ministry is, in fact, a dead-end career path. Consider the fact that foreign minister Wang Yi doesn't even have a seat on the politiburo: http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-...us-its-foreign

The foreign ministry in China is pretty much the dumping ground for politicians who messed up or pissed off the wrong people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gunboat Diplomat View Post
                      Modern USA is the descendant of a highly oppressive and colonial state who denied minorities the right to vote and committed atrocities globally in the name of power.
                      B O D I E D
                      Originally posted by Oneiros
                      In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Modern USA is the descendant of a highly oppressive and colonial state who denied minorities the right to vote and committed atrocities globally in the name of power. And while to an extent the same problems exist today, it's pretty clearly much better than it was before, and it's disingenuous to act like China can't also have improved to a similar if not larger extent.
                        they didn't even let all white people vote when the constitution was adopted
                        Originally posted by A New Soul;n492699
                        There is literally nothing wrong with being a pedophile

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                          they didn't even let all white people vote when the constitution was adopted
                          That's true, but I wanted to use an example within a similar timeframe for what he named. The US has come a pretty long way from the era of colored fountains, so likewise China has come a pretty long way from the Mao era- probably much more so than the US, given how extensive Deng's reforms were. Which I suspect he doesn't know much about, given his insistence on calling one of the most aggressively capitalist countries in the world a communist state.

Comment

Which I suspect he doesn't know much about, given his insistence on calling one of the most aggressively capitalist countries in the world a communist state.
                            yeah dont mind it too much; he's the type that has a pathological hatred for anything remotely related to marxism.
                            although i would still attribute some of that towards the prc still calling itself a communist state as a way of establishing longevity for being the same gov under mao even though, as you said, deng led extensive reforms

Comment

yeah dont mind it too much; he's the type that has a pathological hatred for anything remotely related to marxism.
                              wonder if the proletariat raped him while he slept
                              Originally posted by Oneiros
                              In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

wonder if the proletariat raped him while he slept
                                maybe they seized his means of reproduction

Comment

Both have improved from its earlier stages in history, but I am not surprised at hearing bad things about either in the present day.

I'd just like to clear something up at the end of this post- I'm certainly not trying to say that China has no room for improvement, and that there are no problems with the country, because there clearly are. However, it's pretty undeniable that Western reporting in regards to China is fairly biased, when you consider how much disinformation is spreaded as fact in regard's to both China's internal and foreign policy (the latter of which is especially troubling when you consider the fact that every controversial territorial claim China has was fully supported by the West... while China was ruled by their puppets. Also consider a lot of projection in regards to calling China a colonial power... for the crime of high risk investments). For example, it's pretty disingenuous to claim that China is genociding minorities, when minority populations are actually increasing...
                                  I wouldn't say they're genociding minorities; just that they're perhaps committing persecution in regards to some of them.

In regards to Tibet, there are claims that China is trying to "wipe out the culture," what's your take on that? This is not something I would be surprised at as many minorities have had the threat of their culture being forcibly changed or altered throughout history.

Minorities in China enjoy one of the most generous affirmative action programs in the world, as well as other government sponsored benefits, and were exempt from policies such as the one-child policy. China has a recognized 56 minorities, and many more unrecognized. The number of ethnicities in China only goes higher when you recall than "Han" is as much of a catch-all term as "white people" is in the US. Uyghurs are the exception, not the rule, and that's largely from the terrorist threat they pose (you can thank the USSR for that). Even in regards to China's reaction to separatist movements in Tibet, for the average Tibetan quality of living has soared, and over 50% of the ethnic population (who would've been peasants living under feudal lords prior to reunification with China) approves of the Chinese government.
                                  This is in reference to the Soviets helping the Uyghers create the East Turkestan Republic and then forcing them into the PRC once Mao came to power, I would imagine...?

Comment

Which I suspect he doesn't know much about, given his insistence on calling one of the most aggressively capitalist countries in the world a communist state.
                                    Actually, no, I don't believe the PRC is a Communist state (I haven't for a long time now, lol), and I do know of Deng Xiao Ping. I never implied modern China is Communist.
                                    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; May 26th, 2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

he's the type that has a pathological hatred for anything remotely related to marxism.
                                      Yer rite; hew kood eye bee 5o dumm 2 tink Marxizm ez gay?

#KillTheBourgeoisie
                                      #LiquidateTheMiddleClass
                                      #PolPotDidNothingWrong

Comment

Both have improved from its earlier stages in history, but I am not surprised at hearing bad things about either in the present day.
                                        Perhaps not, but point being it's not unthinkable that China is better than what Western (particularly American) sources like to report.

In regards to Tibet, there are claims that China is trying to "wipe out the culture," what's your take on that? This is not something I would be surprised at as many minorities have had the threat of their culture being forcibly changed or altered throughout history.
                                        To an extent, I do believe that this is an issue, but again is overstated. While assimilation of other cultures into the overall Han group has historically been a common trend, the modern PRC has recently been trying to rebrand itself as a protector of culture rather than the destroyer it was during the Mao era, and additionally a lot of the "cultural destruction" that gets reported in the West is to an extent either China tearing down Tibetan feudal systems (which is a benefit to most Tibetans who were once peasants- hence the popular support the PRC enjoys among the average ethnic Tibetan despite how much noise Buddhist monks make about the PRC) or universal policy viewed in a vacuum- eg: Larung Gar's demolition and prior eviction of residents being treated as China trying to destroy Buddhism in Tibet, when the actual reason for doing so was because of fire safety violations, and it was rebuilt after. This is not to say that China's habit of suddenly evicting people for the sake of civil infrastructure projects is not problematic, but the point I'm making is "China is not as bad as you think" rather than "China is perfect".

This is in reference to the Soviets helping the Uyghers create the East Turkestan Republic and then forcing them into the PRC once Mao came to power, I would imagine...?
                                        If you're referring to the Soviet-sponsored separatist movement during the Sino-Soviet split, then yes

Comment

You don’t need checks and balances when you have the world’s biggest nation ripe for the world’s most massive revolution if put at risk.
                                          It's not, though. It's the world's most populated nation, which is drastically different from being the world's biggest. Still think nuance is "unnecessary" just because you can (just barely) communicate, you simpleton?

Comment

Working...
                                          X