Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I agree with President Trump's Tariff idea (vs China anyway)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with President Trump's Tariff idea (vs China anyway)

China does not have minimum wage laws, so their labor in the steel industry is below fair cost. This allows China to corner the steel and aluminum market in the U.S. China also corners a significant portion of the grain industry in the U.S. as some of the largest grain elevators are owned by the Chinese.

If he puts a targeted tariff on china and a few other nations who have dirt cheap labor, it will help U.S. jobs growth, because we'd put more people to work mining and refining iron and aluminum right here.

Strangely, some of the democratic congressmen are actually agreeing with Trump more than the Republicans; Republicans benefit from cheap labor in China by exporting jobs in their respective industries that they own stocks in. This is why Trump is not a politician, Trump is a patriot. He runs his mouth too much, but he means well.

Might need to put a Tariff on imported spun textiles, so we stop exporting jobs to cheap labor in Latin America too.

As for the European Union, our old enemy, Germany, controls the European Union. There are still too many Nazi sympathizers around for us to afford Germany controlling freaking Europe. This is who trump is really talking about right now. When you say "European Union" you really mean "Germany".

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
      As for the European Union, our old enemy, Germany, controls the European Union. There are still too many Nazi sympathizers around for us to afford Germany controlling freaking Europe. This is who trump is really talking about right now. When you say "European Union" you really mean "Germany".
      I wouldn't be afraid of Germany going Nazi or even slightly Nazi in the future, honestly. The leadership, that is.

In response to your other stuff, I think it's fine. China has been involved in a lot of cyber theft and IP theft when it comes to the US IIRC, so this is a nice way of punishing China for that, I suppose...? *Shrug.*

Comment

• -Person-
        -Person- commented
        Editing a comment
        Dont be so sure, a far right group took enough votes to end merkel's majority(temporarily) and nearly unseated her.

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I wouldn't be afraid of Germany going Nazi or even slightly Nazi in the future, honestly. The leadership, that is.

In response to your other stuff, I think it's fine. China has been involved in a lot of cyber theft and IP theft when it comes to the US IIRC, so this is a nice way of punishing China for that, I suppose...? *Shrug.*
      China is bad on wage laws and human rights. Although they do punish shoddy construction contractors more severely than the western world.

While I was on a Chinese dating site, one of the women actually wrote a complaint to me about the existing Chinese leadership banning free speech. She said the women had a free speech "rally" where they wore scarves over their mouths to symbolize no free speech. The government responded by passing a law requiring women to buy a license to wear a scarf.

Comment

If the European Union counters with a Tariff on our Kentucky Bourbon, I wouldn't worry about it. Every nation has too many substance abuses as-is.

Comment

too late the us has already been sucked dry and china now has its own consumers to bleed money from
          Originally posted by A New Soul;n492699
          There is literally nothing wrong with being a pedophile

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
            The government responded by passing a law requiring women to buy a license to wear a scarf.
            Oh lawl...

China, u silly.

Here's another example of China's silliness sometimes:

Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 6th, 2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Well, they have no minimum wage. For a communist country, you'd expect them to have minimum wage. There are a lot of poor people who don't have a good living standard. Now the wealthy class in China probably actually lives above U.S. standards, but the working class is poor. If we put Tariffs on their steel and aluminum I hope it will put pressure on them to increase wage laws. The only reason they corner our steel and aluminum markets is because of low wages and literally no regulation on the amount of pollution. I think they regulate 100 micron pollutants, and the U.S. regulates 2 micron pollutants. You can see a problem, its' whey they have shit for air quality because they coke steel and aluminum with no regard for the environment, and they operate 30% efficient coal power plants with no scrubbers....while the U.S. coal fired power planets are 41% efficient and have scrubbers down to 2 microns particulates. This is amazing, because the theoretical limit of a Rankine Engine with no scrubbers is 44.4% efficient, and we have 41% efficient with 2 micron scrubbers. It's almost unbelievable that engineers actually figured out how to do that.

The only reason so many of our medium tech jobs are exported to China is again minimum wage laws, and this is the fault of the wealthy class in the U.S. being sell-outs. They'll sell out their own nation to make a few extra dollars per year. The Chinese government has had no motivation to raise their minimum wage because so many U.S. and European corporations export labor to China. They benefit from it, and the wealthiest 1% class in the U.S and Europe benefit from it, but the middle and lower class in the U.S. and Europe get screwed over...again and again...

Servers are still manufactured in the U.S.because they are cutting edge technology, but about half the chipset for a PC is manufactured in China. If you don't believe me, open up your case and look at the chips on the Motherboard. Most of them say "Made in China": Doesn't matter what brand or model your computer happens to be.

====

Apple supposedly moved much of their manufacturing base back to the U.S., but I don't know how true that is. Apple is sitting on a shit ton of money that they have to invest in the next big innovation, but I don't know what that will be. Maybe they should invest in the autonomous automobile industry. This is going to kill about 3 million jobs in the U.S. over the next decade or two, so with the billions of dollars worth of funds Apple has in the green, I think diversifying to the autonomous automobile industry would benefit them. If they could develop an autonomous semi truck they'd be rolling in even more money. Amazon, Google, and Dominoes Pizza got the jump on Apple this time, but Apple still has time to catch up on this if they want to own a share of the coming market. this is going to be huge, because trucking companies stand to save a LOT of money from lawsuits if they can remove the human element of fatigue behind the wheel. Of course it would really suck for the U.S. if the components for these systems were manufactured in China or North Korea...
              Last edited by Wade; March 7th, 2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

So anyway, the Tariff means more steel and aluminum jobs will be created in the U.S. This means more middle class income, which means more home owners, which means more residential construction jobs are created and more part-time jobs created as well due to middle income spending. This can only be a good thing for the U.S. "real" economy over the long term.

Comment

Let me give you another example of how China "cheats" beside just obvious coal pollution and wage laws.

They don't necessarily have laws against pollution in general. They have trash heaps meters high outside some of their major cities, because everyone just dumps their garbage.

In the U.S. you get a minimum $500 fine for littering, just throwing one paper cup out the window, if you get caught. And you get a minimum $500 fine for dumping garbage in a ditch or canal.

In the U.S. when a mining company is done extracting coal or ore from the land, they are required to replace the top soil and replant whatever type of vegetation originally grew on the site. This isn't necessarily required in other nations.

China also has government funded cyber warfare programs which steal intellectual property from U.S. and European corporations. Why we haven't demanded this stop is beyond me, but shaking President Xi's hand and smiling at him isn't going to change this policy, which has been going on since before he was appointed.
                  Last edited by Wade; March 7th, 2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Now China supposedly agreed to stop buying coal from North Korea; They are supposed to buy more coal from Australia, as they already buy some of their coal from there. I don't know whether they will actually hold to their end of the bargain or not, but this was a big part of the recent additional sanctions on North Korea. I don't think China benefits from North Korea making a nuclear weapon, but I could be wrong.

Comment

See how unfair it is for China to not regulate pollution and not have minimum wages?

They are literally selling Steel to Californian companies for half the price that it would cost to buy the same product from a U.S. company. Sure we could make the steel for that price, if we had no wage laws and no pollution laws.

Comment

So Capitalism is not cool when we're losing at it? Are we now reduce to the lid that takes his ball home in the middle of the game when we start losing? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                          So Capitalism is not cool when we're losing at it? Are we now reduce to the lid that takes his ball home in the middle of the game when we start losing? Lol.
                          Government owned steel industry in China sells steel to the U.S. companies at a loss because they want to drive the U.S. industry out of business.

It's not "capitalism works", it's illegal business practices. When Pharmor (the drug store/convenience store) when they were doing this in the U.S. and got caught at it, the owner went to prison because of it.

Comment

http://kinasin.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X