Israel discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

If your post was not addressing or conversation, then what the hell were you talking about?
    You have been know for looking at articles (or anything really) and coming up with interpretations that others have found laughable.

"I don't agree with Helly on a lot of things, but I'd trust him to give me a summary of an article a lot more than I'd trust 83 to do the same."

Now infer what ^this meant based on that.
    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 11th, 2018, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

You have been know for looking at articles (or anything really) and coming up with interpretations that others have found laughable (and it's not just me that thinks that).

"I don't agree with Helly on a lot of things, but I'd trust him to give me a summary of an article a lot more than I'd trust 83 to do the same."

Now infer what ^this meant based on that.
      Again....what does that have to do with the topic? Lol.

Comment

Again....what does that have to do with the topic? Lol.
        Go back to where Kajin replied to me and read the conversation that lead up to there.

Infer the meaning after you've done that.

Comment

Go back to where Kajin replied to me and read the conversation that lead up to there.

Infer the meaning after you've done that.
          I'm asking you. My summary skills aren't adequate, remember.

Comment

My summary skills aren't adequate,
            Nice to see you acknowledge that.

Comment

Nice to see you acknowledge that.
              You forgot the relevant part of that conver.... Oh, how clever. You're indirectly answering my questions. You lack conversation skills is the answer--what was that? With a dash of stupidity you say? Okay. Oh, not a dash, a shit ton. Wow that's beyond a metric ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

Nothing in particular.

I just know that Netanyahu has been in charge now longer than any previous Israeli Prime Minister. And Netanyahu is kind of a ultra-rightwing shitlord.

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that hes doing something sketchy.
                That was my assumption as well.

I'll try to keep tabs and maybe for once I can put forward a story before it reaches your ears.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

That was my assumption as well.

I'll try to keep tabs and maybe for once I can put forward a story before it reaches your ears.
                  Okay...I see what this is...

The new law does not affect Arab-Israeli citizens; it affects "Legal Permanent Resident" Palestinians (i.e. to put that in American Law terms, that's the Israeli equivalent of "greencard holder")

And it basically says that the Israeli government can revoke your Legal Permanent Resident status + deport you for certain classes of crimes and offenses. (i.e. Donald Trump: "Deport the drug dealers. Deport the rapists. These are some bad hombres. Why should they be able to come to our country and break our laws.")

...its bullshit nativism, and the kind of thing that reeks of overly aggressive rightwing identity politics. But it isn't anything particularly beyond-the-pale.

Hell--its what half the conservative leaders in the rest of the Western World want to do to their own countries.
                  Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 12th, 2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Its also apparently not a huge break from prior Israeli policy; it just marginally expands the scope of conduct that the government can deport you for.

And under this policy which has been in place for decades now, Human Rights Watch reports that Israel has deported 14,595 Palestinians from East Jerusalem since 1967. The current Palestinian population of East Jerusalem is something in the ballpark of 300,000 to 330,000.

That comes out to about 5% of the resident Palestinian population deported under Israeli Law since they took possession of East Jerusalem; 95% left to go about their lives under Israeli governance.

Sooooooooooo...yeah...

Not exactly the vaunted "ethnic cleansing" of The City its being reported as, in some circles.
                    Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 12th, 2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Its also apparently not a huge break from prior Israeli policy; it just marginally expands the scope of conduct that the government can deport you for.

And under this policy which has been in place for decades now, Human Rights Watch reports that Israel has deported 14,595 Palestinians from East Jerusalem since 1967. The current Palestinian population of East Jerusalem is something in the ballpark of 300,000 to 330,000.

That comes out to about 5% of the resident Palestinian population deported under Israeli Law since they took possession of East Jerusalem; 95% left to go about their lives under Israeli governance.

Sooooooooooo...yeah...

Not exactly the vaunted "ethnic cleansing" of The City its being reported as, in some circles.
                      I'll take that as 'good news' then.

I was kinda getting confused from the constant screams of Israel purging Palestinians, usually there is a better job of counter-narratives than on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

I'll take that as 'good news' then.

I was kinda getting confused from the constant screams of Israel purging Palestinians, usually there is a better job of counter-narratives than on this issue.
                        I don't want to defend it. Its shit policy.

But its the kind of shit policy that seems to be increasingly becoming the norm (or at the very least leaving the periphery of right wing politics and entering the mainstream) all around the world now. So to that extent, I'll object if Israel gets singled out for doing it targeted for selective moral outrage by people who are really just looking for any reason to shit on Israel.

Comment

I don't want to defend it. Its shit policy.

But its the kind of shit policy that seems to be increasingly becoming the norm (or at the very least leaving the periphery of right wing politics and entering the mainstream) all around the world now. So to that extent, I'll object if Israel gets singled out for doing it targeted for selective moral outrage by people who are really just looking for any reason to shit on Israel.
                          I more meant good news as the narrative was extremely concerning. I think we can both agree that if Israel started to remove all palistinians and revoking their citizenship there'd be massive issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

How are you making this argument when the other side had the US
                            yeah that would be pretty fucked up

Comment

You can keep the state, but let it fulfill its intended purpose.

But states come and go. Empires rise and fall. Not sure if nature or even human history for that matter would recognize a "right to exist" for any nation or government in the world. The maps are always being redrawn.

Another not-so commonly known fact: Muslims and Jews used to live in peace for many generations before the 20th century. The current conflict between them is a rather recent phenomenon.

You've always got to wonder how Israel is portrayed as the absolute offender when it comes to dealing with Palestinians/Da Muslims...when they had to deal with this shit right after the Nazis tried to kill them all, lol.
                              If that's the case, why don't they take land in Germany and use it to make a state then?
                              Last edited by ShinGaoKaiser; March 22nd, 2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinGaoKaiser View Post
                                If that's the case, why don't they take land in Germany and use it to make a state then?
                                Would you be less pissed of if they 'stole' German land instead of Arabic?
                                Originally posted by Wade
                                It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                  Would you be less pissed of if they 'stole' German land instead of Arabic?
                                  It should be rather obvious what my stance on this all is.

Comment

It should be rather obvious what my stance on this all is.
                                    All I know about you is that you hate Jews, I'm kinda behind on my T5 lore.

Comment

All I know about you is that you hate Jews, I'm kinda behind on my T5 lore.
                                      Seeing as they haven't done anything to me personally or w/e, I can't really describe it as hate.
                                      Also given the time period in which I got those views.

But whether I hate them or not is ultimately irrelevant. All I'm looking for now is reality that's free from distortion, and it's 100% clear now that it's not something they can offer, by any means.

If the reality points in a favorable direction for them, or in a non-favorable direction, that's the way I'd go. Because initially none of this should concern me to begin with, but here I am.
                                      Last edited by ShinGaoKaiser; March 22nd, 2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Seeing as they haven't done anything to me personally or w/e, I can't really describe it as hate.
                                        Also given the time period in which I got those views.

But whether I hate them or not is ultimately irrelevant. All I'm looking for now is reality that's free from distortion, and it's 100% clear now that it's not something they can offer, by any means.
                                        Seems to me like everybody's distorting events for or against either side. From the way people talk about it, they're gonna fight until both sides are torn to shreds, but when my grandparents went to Israel for a vacation, nothing happened that whole time.

Comment

Seems to me like everybody's distorting events for or against either side. From the way people talk about it, they're gonna fight until both sides are torn to shreds, but when my grandparents went to Israel for a vacation, nothing happened that whole time.
                                          Which is where stuff like AIPAC comes in. No distortion is more powerful than theirs it seems. Since they're able to capture the opinions of places that actually have weight in the issue.

EDIT: And by that I mean they get to either drown out or shut down any opposition as they like.
                                          Last edited by ShinGaoKaiser; March 22nd, 2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X