• Time
  • Show
Clear All

nazism discussion thread

come on step reich up.

Don't punch people

Comment

Comment

I guess we're using this thread now lol.
        You are clearly reacting like the college kids that argue with Jordan. They claim this and that about him and so you assume I'll think the same and treat him the same. When infact I listened to his statement, saw he was just arguing about pronouns and the hitler/patriarchy thing was the college kids using name calling. His stance isn't about Nazism therefore, it is silly to bring him up into this.

Pewdiepie was joking about Nazism and not realizing that such fringe groups still exist. When he found out he immediately apologized and said he didn't support any of them. My anger towards Pewdiepie is him not being responsible with his 50 million subscribers and the content he puts out. You forget majority of his user base is children.

You really are jumping through several mental loops here buddy.
        I'm not jumping through any mental hoops, the whole "Punch a Nazi" thing went hand-in-hand with people that were calling everyone they didn't like a Nazi. If we're talking about actual nazi sympathizers and no one else, that argument just doesn't apply.

Let's go back to the rest of my argument: It's not okay to just hit people you don't like. If they're talking about (but not doing) something worse than hitting someone: That doesn't justify it. If they're not changing their minds anyway: That doesn't justify it. If they don't listen to you because they don't take you seriously: That doesn't justify it. Where on this chain of statements am I wrong?
        Originally posted by Wade
        It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
          the whole "Punch a Nazi" thing went hand-in-hand with people that were calling everyone they didn't like a Nazi.
          If you have a guy agreeing with 5 Nazis, you don't have one kindly misguided fellow and 5 Nazis.

You have 6 Nazis

We use to call people who shot Nazis for paychecks The Greatest Generation.

Comment

Nazism is shit. Reasons: Holocaust, WW2, etc.

/Thread.
            Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

If you have a guy agreeing with 5 Nazis, you don't have one kindly misguided fellow and 5 Nazis.

You have 6 Nazis

I mean...even though the targets of "Punch a Nazi" included people like Richard Spencer, it also quickly spiraled into "punch Trump supporters, they're Nazis." Because...well, ad Hitlerum in regards to Trump was at an all-time high.
            Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 12th, 2018, 03:45 PM.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
            2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

You have 6 Nazis

Lmao what a funny and original picture xD

Comment

Also, in regards to Nazism/Nazis in general, how many misconceptions do you guys hear about 'em and events related to 'em?

For example:

"WW2 started because everyone ganged up on the Nazis for killing Jews."

2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

"Don't punch people" is pretty much my stance on this as well, that and encourage discourse to happen.....

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

None. Has he apologized for using a Nazi salute?
                  He's flatly stated numerous times he was trolling the press with that speech. You'd have picked up on that if you saw the thing and heard him praise Pepe the frog.

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Here let me help you out, you know damn well that assaulting people who aren't physically attacking you based on their political/racial/religious views is unacceptable and you wouldn't make the argument that it is justified for anyone else. That said you don't have to pretend like you feel bad when bad things happens to Nazi's. Russian and anyone else making the argument that they have reformed a Nazi can get bent, you guys couldn't convince your own dicks to get hard with those shitty YouTube links to equally cringe worthy weirdos or by giving them information that most of us learned in grade school. In conclusion, stop.
                  I feel like part of this was directed at me, so I'd simply ask if the information were so widespread why does no one ever talk about it. That shitshow that happened here, it goes on in every corner of the internet, and I see normal everday people who aren't aligned with even the alt-right start to get pulled into it and asking honest questions and never getting any answers from anyone except the conspiracy theorists.

I'm not saying this to be insulting, but to me it seems like most don't know about the details at all. And look, that's not entirely the individual's fault; when the tactics that even Holocaust museums resort to is to just engage in hysterics and name-calling, it leaves people with nothing to arm themselve with. The fact of the Holocaust is just taken for granted, no one tries to argue, denial goes unchallenged and thus it grows. And then when someone does engage with them to dispell some of their bullshit, they have to put up with people yelling at them for demeaning the event just by acknowledging the deniers. Or having other people scoff at the idea of making a sincere effort to educate someone. It's incredibly frustrating.

The alt-right figureheads engage in open discussions and try to be as amicable as they can be, and they attract new listeners each day. The left takes popular belief for granted and hemorrhages potential supporters with their holier-than-thou attitude. The better model of engagement should be apparent to everyone. Those big scary Neo-Nazis, they were listening to me. They were responding to me and they were backing away from points of contention as I went over them individually. They told everyone almost right from the start that they had grown up believing in the Holocaust and that it took many months for them to turn to denial. They were misled into buying a conspiracy theory.

You go ahead and ignore the resurgance of Holocaust denial if you want, just see where that ends up later on down the line. Me, I'm going to go with the tried-and-true method of the alt-right.
                  Last edited by Helly; February 12th, 2018, 04:39 PM.

I need to anonymously suck Helly's dick. I can't, how could I praise the greatest individual in the universe while maintaining my perfect reputation in this fine website?
                  "Intelligence, also known as general cognitive function or simply g, describes the shared variance that exists between diverse measures of cognitive ability."

So when they reference intelligence they mean cognitive function. What this means, I do not know.

Comment

You have 6 Nazis

I mean, yeah, but if you punch the sixth nazi in the face you don't have five nazis and a conformed do-gooder. You have six pissed-off Nazis.

That's what we were talking about originally in the other thread, in case you missed it.
                    It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                      Nazism is shit. Reasons: Holocaust, WW2, etc.

/Thread.

I mean...even though the targets of "Punch a Nazi" included people like Richard Spencer, it also quickly spiraled into "punch Trump supporters, they're Nazis." Because...well, ad Hitlerum in regards to Trump was at an all-time high.

Hey now. I thought you were done with this? I did not say punch Trump Supporters. I said punch Nazis. If Richard Spencer decides he wishes to identify as a Nazi, then he'll get punched in the face. Rather easy, no?

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                      I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                        I mean, yeah, but if you punch the sixth nazi in the face you don't have five nazis and a conformed do-gooder. You have six pissed-off Nazis.
                        If you're a Nazi then almost by definition; you're always pissed-off all the time.

I'm less concerned about pissing them off and more concerned with making sure they know in no uncertain terms: open Nazis are still shunned pariahs, everything they stand for is still despised, and their ideas are still relegated to the deepest darkest buttcracks of fringe kookery--they have no seat at the table in serious discussions of societal values and public policy.

Normally the mere fact that they're open Nazis and America is America is sufficient to get the message across; no further emphasis is needed.

In the age of Trump, there is some wiggle-room for doubt coming from the highest levels of government. A Nazi might get to thinking that Nazism is the new pop thing now; the stigma is gone. Its cool and hip and trendy to be a Nazi.

...that's when and why it becomes socially acceptable to deliver the message by slapping these motherfuckers upside the head.
                        Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; February 12th, 2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Hey now. I thought you were done with this? I did not say punch Trump Supporters. I said punch Nazis. If Richard Spencer decides he wishes to identify as a Nazi, then he'll get punched in the face. Rather easy, no?
                          Richard Spencer doesn't identify as a nazi

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                            "Don't punch people" is pretty much my stance on this as well, that and encourage discourse to happen.....

He's flatly stated numerous times he was trolling the press with that speech. You'd have picked up on that if you saw the thing and heard him praise Pepe the frog.
                            Sorry. I can't take him seriously when he tries to be edgy by trolling with Nazi symbolism. Trying to impress teenagers while running a political platform won't work.

I feel like part of this was directed at me, so I'd simply ask if the information were so widespread why does no one ever talk about it. That shitshow that happened here, it goes on in every corner of the internet, and I see normal everday people who aren't aligned with even the alt-right start to get pulled into it and asking honest questions and never getting any answers from anyone except the conspiracy theorists.
                            Conspiracy Alert #1

I'm not saying this to be insulting, but to me it seems like most don't know about the details at all. And look, that's not entirely the individual's fault; when the tactics that even Holocaust museums resort to is to just engage in hysterics and name-calling, it leaves people with nothing to arm themselve with.
                            Conspiracy Alert #2

The fact of the Holocaust is just taken for granted, no one tries to argue, denial goes unchallenged and thus it grows.
                            Conspiracy Alert #3

And then when someone does engage with them to dispell some of their bullshit, they have to put up with people yelling at them for demeaning the event just by acknowledging the deniers. Or having other people scoff at the idea of making a sincere effort to educate someone. It's incredibly frustrating.
                            Exaggerating alert #1

The alt-right figureheads engage in open discussions and try to be as amicable as they can be, and they attract new listeners each day. The left takes popular belief for granted and hemorrhages potential supporters with their holier-than-thou attitude.
                            Generalizing the entire Alt-right behaves well Alert #1
                            Generalizing the entire opposing party to be blind, dumb sheep Alert #1

The better model of engagement should be apparent to everyone. Those big scary Neo-Nazis, they were listening to me. They were responding to me and they were backing away from points of contention as I went over them individually. They told everyone almost right from the start that they had grown up believing in the Holocaust and that it took many months for them to turn to denial. They were misled into buying a conspiracy theory.
                            Yea I was trying to get through them too but they dropped a shit ton of content to go over. I instead focused on the morality of the situation and not the accuracy of the history. That can come later.

You go ahead and ignore the resurgance of Holocaust denial if you want, just see where that ends up later on down the line. Me, I'm going to go with the tried-and-true method of the alt-right.
                            Running over people?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

Richard Spencer doesn't identify as a nazi
                              Then I don't punch him in the face? What's the problem?

Comment

If you're a Nazi then almost by definition; you're always pissed-off all the time.

I'm less concerned about pissing them off and more concerned with making sure they know in no uncertain terms: open Nazis are still shunned pariahs, everything they stand for is still despised, and their ideas are still relegated to the deepest darkest buttcracks of fringe kookery--they have no seat at the table in serious discussions of societal values and public policy.

Normally the mere fact that they're open Nazis and America is America is sufficient to get the message across; no further emphasis is needed.

In the age of Trump, there is some wiggle-room for doubt coming from the highest levels of government. A Nazi might get to thinking that Nazism is the new pop thing now; the stigma is gone. Its cool and hip and trendy to be a Nazi.

...that's when and why it becomes socially acceptable to deliver the message by slapping these motherfuckers upside the head.
                                Shob, one of the main reasons that "Nazis" are getting so much attention is the physical injuries they have recieved. Spencer's website has only gotten more and more traffic. Punching people does not work in your favour.

I need to anonymously suck Helly's dick. I can't, how could I praise the greatest individual in the universe while maintaining my perfect reputation in this fine website?
                                "Intelligence, also known as general cognitive function or simply g, describes the shared variance that exists between diverse measures of cognitive ability."

So when they reference intelligence they mean cognitive function. What this means, I do not know.

Comment

Sorry. I can't take him seriously when he tries to be edgy by trolling with Nazi symbolism. Trying to impress teenagers while running a political platform won't work.

Conspiracy Alert #1

Conspiracy Alert #2

Conspiracy Alert #3

Exaggerating alert #1

Generalizing the entire Alt-right behaves well Alert #1
                                  Generalizing the entire opposing party to be blind, dumb sheep Alert #1

Yea I was trying to get through them too but they dropped a shit ton of content to go over. I instead focused on the morality of the situation and not the accuracy of the history. That can come later.

Running over people?

He wasn't trying to impress teenagers

What exactly are you accusing me of? I was literally the only person in that thread trying to deconvert those two, and you're calling me a conspiracy theorist? I remember now why talking to you is the worst test of my patience, you are completely impossible to have any type of meaningful discussion with. You want to engage in petty one-liners, fine.

Have fun losing the 2020 election to Trump.

Comment

Shob, one of the main reasons that "Nazis" are getting so much attention is the physical injuries they have recieved. Spencer's website has only gotten more and more traffic. Punching people does not work in your favour.
                                    Attention..? Yes... Sympathy naw... trying to find said sympathy and I'm not really finding any. Maybe Google is keeping me in a tunnel. Still they are probably more like "Who's this guy and is he really a White Supremacist? Also is his address listed here? Hm"

RussianCoffeeAddict You find any links to people being sympathetic to Spencer after said incident?

Comment

Maybe Google is keeping me in a tunnel.
                                      No shit.

Comment

You have 6 Nazis

They are called the greatest generation because of what they stopped, not who they shot.

Your scenario is also stupidly vague. You can strip out Nazi and then justify violence against anyone. Like, for example, people wanting to kill cops.

Held ideals don't justify violence, acting on ideals is a different story though. Then action can be talked about.

Simply put, don't support ideas you wouldn't want implemented against you.

Comment

Working...
                                        X