Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holocaust Denial; why is it still a thing/a growing thing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J peth View Post
    I'm not denying it. I'm a realist. There is no military ever that has only good people with good intentions.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
    I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

It was already known that ISIS was infiltrating the refugees with some of their people. And besides, a lot of those "refugees" aren't even from Syria these days, they're crossing the Mediterranean from Africa just to live off welfare.
      Please assign a quantifiable numerical value to "some"... Also, go ahead and do the same for "a lot" as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
        nor will I feel guilty about it.
        Selectively displaying moral outrage like Pee-Gee, I see. Wow, you're both actually horrid. Just... horrid.

Comment

Why should nonGermans feel anything about the Holocaust? Dont say its all Europe's fault either as Europe is the reason why the Holocaust didnt become full scale jewish extinction in Europe to begin with, so fuck off and say thanks for once you damn jews.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Selectively displaying moral outrage like Pee-Gee, I see. Wow, you're both actually horrid. Just... horrid.
            ???

Comment

Originally posted by Duck Butter View Post
              Why should nonGermans feel anything about the Holocaust? Dont say its all Europe's fault either as Europe is the reason why the Holocaust didnt become full scale jewish extinction in Europe to begin with, so fuck off and say thanks for once you damn jews.
              Have you considered therapy for your anger issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

???
                Both J Peth and Morph seem to have the idea that if you're critical of a country for doing [x] bad thing and said country saying "uh, I never did that" you're "hypocritical" or "morally selective," because every country does that and therefore doesn't deserve to be singled out. I.E, be Saffron, think Japan's cover ups are bad, get a "BUT WHAT ABOUT DA YOU ES!?" (And of course, but what about CHAINA!) One of them is saying there are no claims of moral equivalency, but that's basically what the entire approach entails, lol.

Basically Peth is doing this (and Morph seemingly approves):

But a "what about every other instance of [shitty thing]" instead of deflection to more specific instances of bullshit.
                Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 4th, 2018, 09:12 PM.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
                2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Both J Peth and Morph seem to have the idea that if you're critical of a country for doing [x] bad thing and said country saying "uh, I never did that" you're "hypocritical" or "morally selective," because every country does that and therefore doesn't deserve to be singled out. I.E, be Saffron, think Japan's cover ups are bad, get a "BUT WHAT ABOUT DA YOU ES!?" (And of course, but what about CHAINA!) One of them is saying there are no claims of moral equivalency, but that's basically what the entire approach entails, lol.

Basically Peth is doing this (and Morph seemingly approves):

But a "what about every other instance of [shitty thing]" instead of deflection to more specific instances of bullshit.
                  No that's what you're doing you idiot. A citizen concern should be about his own country, once you start pointing fingers at other countries then you are committing the "whataboutisms. Also why are you citing a left leaning source? Alex Jones is more up your Avenue.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

No that's what you're doing you idiot. A citizen concern should be about his own country, once you start pointing fingers at other countries then you are committing the "whataboutisms.
                    "Whataboutism" is purely about trying to get someone to shut up about what somebody else is doing because it is being done elsewhere. I.E, you can't criticize this person, because some person is already doing it. I do not recall doing that.
                    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 4th, 2018, 10:29 PM.

2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

No that's what you're doing you idiot. A citizen concern should be about his own country, once you start pointing fingers at other countries then you are committing the "whataboutisms.
                      Exactly the case with everyone pointing fingers at Russia for perceived interference in elections even though there's nothing they could have done in all certainty.
                      Then it becomes even more ridiculous given who won the popular vote.

Comment

"Whataboutism" is purely about trying to get someone to shut up about what somebody else is doing because it is being done elsewhere. I.E, you can't criticize this person, because some person is already doing it. I do not recall doing that.
                        So rather than re-read my posts to saffron and on and try to figure out where you fucked up on my point you just triple down on the strawman that isn't my position?

There are two separate issues here you seem to conflate.

1) people holding modern governments accountable for actions they had no part in, such as modern Japan for the actions of imperial Japan.
                        -This was the point I went after when I entered this thread

2) governments gloss over parts of history that paint them in a bad light due to shame, and for the sake of appearing morally superior to the public.

When this issue was brought up you stated:

Personally, though, I feel like promoting learning from history or learning from the mistakes of your forefathers should be encouraged in as many nations as possible (such as the US and European countries), as that's good, and being silent when someone else is actively covering up their crimes, perhaps much worse crimes, just because your country has flecks of shit of shit on its history (or swathes of shit, IDK) feels just as bad tbh.

How to get there, though...

Not sure, exactly
                        Note the bolded, it will matter in a moment.

The whole point of what I'm saying is that there shouldn't be any cover ups, but there shouldn't be accusations either. It's understandable to have shame for a prior action and to try and not highlight it, again the war of 1812 is always a perfect example considering how many people think the US hasn't lost a war on it's own soil.

How to 'get there' is irrelevant. Just focus on you learning as much as you can. Leave the social engineering to the social justice crowd and the alt-right. They're morally bankrupt enough to enact such things.
                        Now pay close attention to my first statement, I state that there 'shouldn't be cover ups, but there shouldn't be accusations either'. As one leads to the other, the shame that causes the cover ups is caused by those who would use those actions in history to condemn a country in a modern setting or somehow put them at a disadvantage. For example: In the event Germany had a legitimate grievance with Israel, it would not be able to make any actions against Israel in a military or economic sense without people crying out that germany is back to it's old ways of jew hating due to accusations from past actions.

Also note that what I'm talking about in my example is a subject that is covered in US schools, but is not highlighted or focused on.

Now pay close attention to the second bit. I'm making a comment on your bolded text which insinuates you wanting a top down action to be had that ensures that people do not cover up, as it's teachers on an individual level who generally do the downplaying of parts of history that is inconvenient to whatever narrative they favor. This is what I was saying by you not being able to do so as it's social engineering and it takes people who are morally bankrupt to do such actions most the time as it requires perfection otherwise you're a hypocrite and thus ethically compromised.

My solution I presented later on in the thread was simply preserving history as an individual as that's the most we as people can do. You go on to then go into accusations against russia while giving token words to the criticisms of the US doing the same thing. Morph even caught onto this and jumped into a thread and conversation he probably doesn't give a shit about. To which you then double down on your attempt to strawman me to no end.

I was one of the few people on here willing to give you my time, apparently that was a mistake on my end.

Comment

I was one of the few people on here willing to give you my time, apparently that was a mistake on my end.
                          This sounds like it's low-key trying to induce a guilt-trip, tbh.

However, I'll still rescind my opinion on the matter of what you said being "what-aboutism"/[the strawman], and the "social engineering" part. I didn't quite exactly get what repercussions you were talking about.

My B.
                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 4th, 2018, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Exactly the case with everyone pointing fingers at Russia for perceived interference in elections even though there's nothing they could have done in all certainty.
                            Then it becomes even more ridiculous given who won the popular vote.
                            They could have done something, but the USA criticizing anyone for tampering with elections is hilarious. Instead there should be focus on other more important issues. Like global warming, that's something we can change which we are partly responsible for.
                            So instead of instigating Russia for this shit we should instead move forward.

Comment

maybe russia isnt so bad after all

Comment

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -Voltaire

Cid and 40 acres in real life - i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/093/533/dfd.png

Post-Crisis Shob's ancestors in real life - https://i.imgur.com/jkSdjE8.png

Comment

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." -Voltaire
                                  So where's the shadowy cabal of orphans and cripples?

Comment

Working...
                                  X