Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holocaust Denial; why is it still a thing/a growing thing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holocaust Denial; why is it still a thing/a growing thing?

I've seen it quite a bit by now...and it's too hard to ignore anymore.

Why are there such large percentages of people that believe the Holocaust (usually the "Kill all Jews" part) didn't happen? It is one of the most well-documented and recorded mass killings of the 20th century.

So what's up with this?

Has the Holocaust simply been focused on too much, with perhaps too much exaggeration, or too much something, that it's detracted from other genocides and parts of history and investigations into this history to create people who want to push back against this (perceived?) exaggeration perhaps a bit too much?

Or is it merely widespread anti-Semitism and conspiracism when it comes to Jews? If so, why is there so much of these specific anti-Semitic sentiments and conspiracies abound? Did Israel fuck up too much and spark a trend of Holocaust deniers who want to get revenge on Israel for any of their misdeeds when it comes to Palestine, or is it (probably) something more long-term?

Or is it some large combination of factors that can't be attributed purely to one thing?

Discuss.
    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 18th, 2018, 10:34 PM.

Reactionaries are morons / thread

Comment

Its those darn alt-righter

Comment

there hasn't been enough movies made to educate people is all

Comment

Maybe it's just a meme/conspiracy theory. Either that or ppl are stupid. I wouldn't rule out both.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
            Maybe it's just a meme/conspiracy theory. Either that or ppl are stupid. I wouldn't rule out both.
            Meme? Nah. Conspiracy theory? Well it is, the problem is that it's the most widespread conspiracy theory that I've seen to date, lol.

And while I appreciate the "people are stupid" answers, I'm also kind of looking for something a bit more in-depth, guys...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Meme? Nah. Conspiracy theory? Well it is, the problem is that it's the most widespread conspiracy theory that I've seen to date, lol.

And while I appreciate the "people are stupid" answers, I'm also kind of looking for something a bit more in-depth, guys...
              You really want a serious and in-depth answer to the question of "why are people so stupid?"

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You really want a serious and in-depth answer to the question of "why are people so stupid?"
                Listen, Cid, anything can be chalked up to "people are stupid," and "some people are smart," (or some people are less stupid than others, whichever you prefer), but that gives me as much information as "the sky is blue."

The question was about more specific things and/or circumstances that led to as much Holocaust denial as we see. I have a bit of a general idea, sure, but I want more of a general idea; perhaps some history or something, IDK, maybe something or at least an indication that I already know enough info.

But okay, if you guys really don't want to provide anything more than "stupid people"...I'll take it...

Comment

But okay, if you guys really don't want to provide anything more than "stupid people"...I'll take it...
                  That's really all there is to it, though. There's not going to be any logical reasoning behind it. You've got a few Anti-Semitics that thought it'd be great to get on social media sites like youtube, facebook, and twitter to spread their filth. People are really fucking stupid and don't comprehend that research should be done on basically anything you hear online, even if their sources are "properly cited," and they start falling into the trap because they are legitimately brain-damaged.

I don't really know what you want here. If you're expecting some kind of logical conclusion for why people are dumb, you're going to be disappointed. I guess you could chock some of it up to the DNC's supposedly anti-Israel stances as well. But I seriously doubt that had much of an effect.

Comment

Like Cid said, that's really all there is to it. It's the reason for pretty much everything bad. Why do people fight? Why do they go to war? Why do they murder, rape, steal, etc? Why do they jump to conclusions instead of looking deeper? It comes down to one answer. They're just mentally deficit. It's not their fault, their genetics just makes them retarded.

Comment

Why do people fight? Why do they go to war? Why do they murder, rape, steal, etc?
                      Actually, greed is the primary answer for all of those.

Comment

• S3rp3nt3
                        S3rp3nt3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        When greed has anything to do with rape?

Anyway, greed tend to be just one of the reasons.

• Cid
                        Cid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        S3rp3nt3 Didn't see rape in there. Lust would be the cause of rape, more often than not.

Actually, greed is the primary answer for all of those.
                      But greed is a symptom of stupidity

Comment

It's a product of the conspiracy theories and anti-Semitism that has existed since Christ's time and was only exacerbated during the Middle Ages and Renaissance through Christian people like Martin Luther.

But essentially it's a combination of Germany doings its darnest to wipe away all evidence, the world population being largely unaware of what was happening in Germany during the war (Germans especially) and Allied powers having a history of propaganda against the Germans that laid the seeds of doubt for the future. Also the fact that Holocaust memoir literature is a fairly recent phenomenon (which also has its reasons).
                        Last edited by Doctor.; January 19th, 2018, 03:35 AM.
                        Originally posted by Oneiros
                        In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

But greed is a symptom of stupidity
                          Nah. A great number of the most intelligent and most successful people are incomparably greedy. Some might say their greed led them to become so successful.

Comment

i am always interested to know whether or not holocaust deniers have visited death camps before and sat down and watched the archived videos.

and if they did, what their reasoning is to call all that fake

Comment

Nah. A great number of the most intelligent and most successful people are incomparably greedy. Some might say their greed led them to become so successful.
                              Stupid residue

Comment

People believe what they want to believe.

Comment

So, are you waiting for that guest to storm this thread with his """facts"""

is this an elaborate bait thread

Comment

Is it really a "growing" thing though?

Or is just that with social media and blogging and online forums being a thing now, the same dumb and hateful segment of the population that's always bought into this crap has outlets to be vocal and in-your-face about it.

Whereas previously they did not.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                                      Is it really a "growing" thing though?

Or is just that with social media and blogging and online forums being a thing now, the same dumb and hateful segment of the population that's always bought into this crap has outlets to be vocal and in-your-face about it.

Whereas previously they did not.
                                      It's definitely been growing due to places like /pol/ taking the young white men who feel shunned by society in some way or another and brainwashing them with this filth.

The fact that the Internet is a widespread thing now not only allows for the people that believed this in the past to be vocal about it, but it also lets them gather more followers. They have exposure now. The people who were dumb/ignorant/lazy enough to believe this wouldn't even come across this stuff 20 years ago, whilst now they do.

Comment

Working...
                                      X