So...Texas State University found this shitty op-ed in their newspapers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...Texas State University found this shitty op-ed in their newspapers

Guess what the op-ed says? Yup, SJW stuff.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ca...rticle/2641940

"Your DNA is abominable" was the title of the piece they published, which basically said whites suck (in an actually Nazi-like fashion, which is pretty ironic).

And this is the response by the editor:

https://star.txstate.edu/2017/11/28/...-the-editor-3/

Originally posted by An editor's note
    In the Nov. 28 issue of The University Star, we published an opinions column titled “Your DNA is an abomination.” The column has received widespread criticism from readers, with many expressing that they find the author’s ideas to be racist. The University Star’s opinion pages are a forum for students to express and debate ideas. While our publication does not endorse every opinion put forth by student columnists or guest contributors, as the editor I take responsibility for what is printed on our pages.

The original intent of the column was to comment on the idea of race and racial identities. We acknowledge that the column could have been clearer in its message and that it has caused hurt within our campus community. We apologize and hope that we can move forward to a place of productive dialogue on ways to bring our community together.
    Sure thing it's as innocent as you're making it out be, editor.

The university's leadership is more agreeable, though, with the president calling it racist. No, not that president, so far as I've seen, but he might sometime in the future, seeing as he watches Fox News and they covered it.

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas-stat...r-white-death-

Originally posted by the uni president
    I am deeply troubled by the racist opinion column that was published in the November 28, 2017, issue of the University Star titled “Your DNA is an abomination.” The column’s central theme was abhorrent and is contrary to the core values of inclusion and unity that our Bobcat students, faculty, and staff hold dear. As president of a university that celebrates its inclusive culture, I detest racism in any manifestation.

While I appreciate that the Star is a forum for students to freely express their opinions, I expect student editors to exercise good judgment in determining the content that they print. The Star’s editors have apologized for the column and are examining their editorial process.
    And the president isn't wrong at all about the nature of the column, including its intent. The person came out saying that the comment of thinking only 12 white people were "decent" was actually the opinion of the person who made that op-ed.

So, yeah...

Are we gonna start seeing more of this or is this a one time thing? Because if we see more of this, great, we might start seeing less of the not-as-extreme SJW stuff in universities as blowback occurs.
    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; November 29th, 2017, 08:19 PM.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667
    2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Now I become White, the destroyer of Worlds.
    Who would have thought that my sheer whiteness was sufficient to atomize all of my enemies- I surely didn't.
    I'm glad that a talentless, idiotic bozo like Rudy Martinez gets his comeuppance through a quick reality check, and the reflection of a mirror.
    Keep it up as we mobilize our students/peers into cleaning their Universities/Colleges from the filth of Activism in the name of Ideological-Pathological Purposes.
    *Puff-Puff!*

Comment

Feeling victimized snowflake ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
        Feeling victimized snowflake ;)
        How can Kirby be victimized, if he is Pink, Dan?

Comment

The fact that people are legit upset about an op-ed written by some random fucking 18-22 year old in a school paper is unbelievably pathetic. Weirdos are worse then the damn SJW's with all this damn crying.

Comment

Comment

This is already pretty commonplace tbh, surely this cant be the first time you've ever heard of something like this lol. Really depressing just how much of it seems to come from the schools and unis. Not just the students, either, after all the students learn all this from their professors or school teachers. Here's one particularly disturbing case of a grade-school teacher and her involvement and direct precipitation of violent protests.....

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/07/...inciting-riot/

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/10/...board-meeting/

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                The fact that people are legit upset about an op-ed written by some random fucking 18-22 year old in a school paper is unbelievably pathetic. Weirdos are worse then the damn SJW's with all this damn crying.
                Here's my problem with this attitude of "just ignore when the left is shit."

The left is supposed to be the side that wants progress and tolerance and "social justice." Y'know, fight racism, and sexism and the like, right now, among other things. Cid would probably agree.

So when it happens on the left, and people come out and say "Uhhh...what you say?" and the left as a whole seems to pretend this doesn't happen or justifies the extremism, you give fuel for the opposition to then say "Well that's hypocritical," and then flaunt its supposed moral superiority because it looks like it condemned what the left couldn't. And then when the condemnation finally comes for the left's extremism, from the left, it's too late to fix the damage.

Basically: "The Left has been so busy calling EVERYONE Nazis, when ACTUAL Nazis show up, it falls on deaf ears."

And that's kind of a bad image to have, no?

Also, Helly.

The fact you aren't here yet is surprising and completely bonkers.

EDIT: Oh...there you are...

2/3 of the population was Protestants, 1/3 was Catholic ... Therefore, the majority was Protestant and most were Catholic ...

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                  This is already pretty commonplace tbh, surely this cant be the first time you've ever heard of something like this lol. Really depressing just how much of it seems to come from the schools and unis. Not just the students, either, after all the students learn all this from their professors or school teachers. Here's one particularly disturbing case of a grade-school teacher and her involvement and direct precipitation of violent protests.....

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/07/...inciting-riot/

http://www.berkeleyside.com/2016/10/...board-meeting/
                  It's the first time I've seen a college op-ed be this bad, that's why I'm showing it.

Also...it's kind of bad to shit on other websites...

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/76041593

But fuck this place.

This is exactly why I hate it.

Miscommunication is why Trump's in office at this point, honestly.
                  Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; November 30th, 2017, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Here's my problem with this attitude of "just ignore when the left is shit."

The left is supposed to be the side that wants progress and tolerance and "social justice." Y'know, fight racism, and sexism and the like, right now, among other things. Cid would probably agree.

So when it happens on the left, and people come out and say "Uhhh...what you say?" and the left as a whole seems to pretend this doesn't happen or justifies the extremism, you give fuel for the opposition to then say "Well that's hypocritical," and then flaunt its supposed moral superiority because it looks like it condemned what the left couldn't. And then when the condemnation finally comes for the left's extremism, from the left, it's too late to fix the damage.

Basically: "The Left has been so busy calling EVERYONE Nazis, when ACTUAL Nazis show up, it falls on deaf ears."

And that's kind of a bad image to have, no?

Also, Helly.

The fact you aren't here yet is surprising and completely bonkers.

EDIT: Oh...there you are...
                    This country has 300 million people there are racists and sexists, this was 1 kid with a stupid opinion that got published in a school paper and people decided it deserved national coverage because it fit their agenda. I have seen the retards on this site write worse shit on a daily basis, the idea that you are going to keep the left honest by being just as much of a crybaby and whining about every dumb ass opinion (like a SJW) is a joke.

Comment

• Kanzentai
                      Kanzentai commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Isn't this reverse ad populum?

I wish I was white now, my enemies need destroying.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                      I wish I was white now, my enemies need destroying.
                      White men are more victimized than 8 year old Filipina sex workers though.

How would you deal with serious issues like video game news?

Comment

This country has 300 million people there are racists and sexists
                        You shouldn't magically conjure numbers out of thin air- you'll just sound ridiculous, after all!
                        If you truly don't know how many racist/sexist individual actually exist and thrive within this country, then please don't be frightened in acknowledging that you don't know, nor hold such an answer.
                        That would be quite honest and bright of you to do, at the end of the day. ^_^
                        Start on the right foot, and don't fall in pit-traps!
                        Falling into pit-traps is no fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sunshine View Post

You shouldn't magically conjure numbers out of thin air- you'll just sound ridiculous, after all!
                          If you truly don't know how many racist/sexist individual actually exist and thrive within this country, then please don't be frightened in acknowledging that you don't know, nor hold such an answer.
                          That would be quite honest and bright of you to do, at the end of the day. ^_^
                          Start on the right foot, and don't fall in pit-traps!
                          Falling into pit-traps is no fun.
                          Read it again.

Comment

Read it again.
                            There isn't much to read as its quite clear that you randomly selected a number out of thin air, and decided to roll with it.
                            If you're referring to the grammatical errors that you committed in that post, then I'd suggest that you begin Peer-Reviewing your posts on a consistent basis.
                            If you're referring to the possible merit within your post, then I'll just inform you that it truly has no true merit beyond serving its original purpose of responding back to RCA- whether it was appropriate or substantiated properly will solely depend on RCA as he was the direct recipient to your response, was he not?
                            That should properly answer and respond to any commentary or question that you had in store for me, so I thank you for the quick follow-up conversation.
                            Have a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sunshine View Post

There isn't much to read as its quite clear that you randomly selected a number out of thin air, and decided to roll with it.
                              If you're referring to the grammatical errors that you committed in that post, then I'd suggest that you begin Peer-Reviewing your posts on a consistent basis.
                              If you're referring to the possible merit within your post, then I'll just inform you that it truly has no true merit beyond serving its original purpose of responding back to RCA- whether it was appropriate or substantiated properly will solely depend on RCA as he was the direct recipient to your response, was he not?
                              That should properly answer and respond to any commentary or question that you had in store for me, so I thank you for the quick follow-up conversation.
                              Have a great day!
                              No I was more referring to the fact that you seem to think I was saying there are 300 million racists and sexists in this country when what I said was "this country has 300 million people there are racists and sexists". Perhaps I should have put a comma in there (but as you already pointed out my grammar is pretty shit so I wouldn't know) though I feel like with a little more effort someone with your amazing grasp of the English language could have figured that one out.

Comment

No I was more referring to the fact that you seem to think I was saying there are 300 million racists and sexists in this country when what I said was "this country has 300 million people there are racists and sexists". Perhaps I should have put a comma in there (but as you already pointed out my grammar is pretty shit so I wouldn't know) though I feel like with a little more effort someone with your amazing grasp of the English language could have figured that one out.
                                You mean to say that there isn't 300 million racists and sexists in this country?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You mean to say that there isn't 300 million racists and sexists in this country?
                                  Depends, what's the population of Alabama?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Damn it Cid, don't do this to me...

Comment

Depends, what's the population of Alabama?
                                      Don't know, rednecks can't count.

Comment

Working...
                                      X