This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 Official Discussion: The Trump Presidency

Well its official. Trump is president. So now we have an official thread for it.

This thread is for all discussion of presidential politics. For hopefully no more than the next 4 years.

Please enjoy responsibly.

Well he is officially on the clock, lets get some over/under on when Mexico will start paying for the wall or when Hillary will be locked up. I will take the over on never.
    "Working-class poor better keep your alarm set, streets too loud to ever hear freedom ring, say evacuate your sleep, it's dangerous to dream."

Comment

Comment

So how long do you think we have before Trump accidentally pushes the button that launches all nukes because he's partying too hard?

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
          So how long do you think we have before Trump accidentally pushes the button that launches all nukes because he's partying too hard?
          Never, because a button like that doesn't exist.

Comment

Currently watching his inauguration speech, since I slept through the entire thing.

Comment

Trump enters office with an approval rating of 32%. (to put that in perspective; Rotten Tomato has a 33% approval rating for Paul Blart: Mall Cop)

The lowest entry-level approval rating in the history of American Presidents.

Now normally what happens is the president starts off his term of office with a "honeymoon period." A relatively brief period (usually a few months; maybe a year at most) where the new president enjoys high popularity and gets a lot of leeway to make changes, and thats when the real work of executing the vision of the country that the president set forth as a candidate gets done.

Trump doesn't have that.

He ran as the most offensive and divisive candidate. Now he is entering office as the most unpopular and untrusted president in US history.

Comment

The son-of-bitch has already had everything pertaining to Climate Change scrubbed from the official White House website.

Definitive proof that the Trump administration fully intends to declare war on science.

Comment

Its unfortunate, because America can survive one (1) bad president with relatively minor damage.

But Bush Jr. didn't know what the hell he was doing; he was a C-student frat boy elevated to a position beyond his ability because he had a famous father. And he did us in a bad way with blowing the Clinton Surplus and making a jumbled mess of the response to 9/11 and overseeing the financial collapse of 2008.

...And Obama didn't know what the hell he was doing. He was a freshman Senator elevated to a position beyond his ability because he was young and charismatic and could give speeches that inspired people to believe in a Better America. And he did us in a bad way with ballooning the federal debt and overseeing 8 years of mass joblessness and wage stagnation, and having ISIS and Putin step up while he presented no coherent foreign policy.

And now Trump, really, really, doesn't know what he's doing. He's there as this sort of anti-hero, riding the public sentiment that government is "broken."

But in a democracy, the people are the government. so "broken government" really just means "people suck."

And Trump is, sadly, a perpetuation of the very conditions that put him into office.

1 bad president is a mistake. 20 straight years of bad presidents is that thing I keep saying: "The beautiful, ugly thing about democracy is the people get the government they deserve."
                  Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; January 21st, 2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Well this should be good. A bunch of man children arguing over politics

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                      The son-of-bitch has already had everything pertaining to Climate Change scrubbed from the official White House website.

Definitive proof that the Trump administration fully intends to declare war on science.
                      Climate Change Denier at the Head of the EPA
                      Exxon CEO at head of State Department
                      Goldman-Sachs at Treasury
                      Private School-only foe of public schools at Department of Education
                      Guy who was deemed to hostile to civil rights to be confirmed as a federal judge in charge of the Department of Justice + Civil Rights Division
                      And a Twitter-addicted reality TV star in White House.

Because "Fix Broken Government."

...I think this is it. I think we've actually hit rock-bottom.

This is where the heroin addict wakes up in the ditch and says "...I need to get my life together." Or winds up dead or in prison.

Comment

I remember everyone in my Ethics class last semester were so scared of white fascist attacking poor minorities cause of Trump.

Oh the irony.

Comment

Trump and his crew don't believe in Science.

Comment

Trump and his crew don't believe in Science.
                            Someone give me the run down on climate change.
                            I always believed in it cause Bill Nye told me about it, but I never actually looked into it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by A New Soul View Post

I always believed in it cause Bill Nye told me about it, but I never actually looked into it myself.
                              Al Gore made a video about it, apparently flame elementals from the sun start beating the shit out of greenhouse gases or something. I remember Futurama had something to do with it too, and they should know because that's a thousand years from now.
                              Never forgetti

Originally posted by Kaijin_Style
                              Also do me a favor and don't kill yourself. I like to watch my enemies suffer an agonizing death but ya know since you are in mexico, seeing you bitch and whine about your feelings is the next best thing. Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

The Civil Rights, LGBT, and Healthcare sections were also removed; it is likely that only the last will be restored under Trump's policies.

However, do keep in mind that the Obama Administration White House website was transitioned to a archival domain, as is standard now (much like with social media, especially the @POTUS and @FLOTUS Twitter accounts).
                                It's entirely possible such constituents will be released again according to the Trump Administration's values.

Comment

I remember my dad made a funny tweet about Trump being president. It said " Get ready to set your clocks back 300 years. "

Comment

I remember my dad made a funny tweet about Trump being president. It said " Get ready to set your clocks back 300 years. "
                                    Hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by A New Soul View Post

http://www.t5forums.com/forum/main-f...climate-change

I posted a ton of information on it throughout this topic. Though some of the links are now likely broken.

Comment

http://www.t5forums.com/forum/main-f...climate-change

I posted a ton of information on it throughout this topic. Though some of the links are now likely broken.
                                        td;lr it for me
                                        Whats the solution for it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X