Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have affection to an object how would you write it or say it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    If you have affection to an object how would you write it or say it?

    For example, if you really like your dog, you'd say "What a nice doggy". But what about a cat? You wouldn't call it a catty, I've never heard that before. How about a house, car,etc?

    And how exactly did saying doggy come to be if the English language doesn't really use diminutives. My guess is that it came by mixing puppy and dog.

    #2
    "I like this thing."
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    Quiet cathartic really.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
      "I like this thing."
      Now say it by only adding a suffix to the thing you like.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

        Now say it by only adding a suffix to the thing you like.
        "I like this thingy."
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
        Quiet cathartic really.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
          "I like this thingy."
          I knew you'd just add a y to thing. I know you know that by adding a y, you don't convey affection but rather confusion or uncertainty.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

            I knew you'd just add a y to thing. I know you know that by adding a y, you don't convey affection but rather confusion or uncertainty.
            Oh
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style
            Quiet cathartic really.

            Comment


              #7
              Kitty exists.
              Originally posted by Oneiros
              In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

              Comment


                #8
                "I think I like this thingy, but I dunno."
                In my mind...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Some people name thier cars
                  Originally posted by Wade;n484984
                  As Bill Cosby once said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Board are a 'she'. Does this help your research?
                    Originally posted by Wade
                    It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

                    Originally posted by Wade
                    I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Usually, English speakers just call things they like pet names or use adjectives. Stuff like "Ain't she a beaut" to describe a boat. Calling a car "my baby." An English speaker (that I know of) would probably just say "That's a fine/nice looking house," if they're talking about a house.

                      And from what I can tell, English uses the suffix -y a lot (usually to mean ''this thing is like [blank]") though the diminutive usage like "doggy" comes from German.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I add Ys (or end with an E to replicate the sound) to the end of everything I like. That used to be my thing. I just did that with everyone's names on MvC.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          For cat it's kitty. If you wanna go the extra mile it's kitty witty bo bitty ma mitty shmitty werben yankerman jenson da fenson wenson menson bo benson.

                          For house it's housey mousey.

                          For car it's WADAP CAH MA MAH BAH! AH BAH BAH! AWAWAWA DA CAH WAH! AAAAAAAAAHHHH~ MA CAH BAH WAH! *hugs car and rubs its hood*

                          Pretty much add a fake word that rhymes and further warp and deform it into madness.

                          For example I have a friend named Gutierrez, so I changed his nickname to Guccierrez and shortened it to Gucci then Guki then Gugi or Googy and I can do all kinds of things with that, like Googy Woogy Boogy ma Moogy Doogy

                          I also have a friend named Fromm and his nickname went from Frommward to Frommwardo to Rrromwardo to RRRAMARRRDO to IT'S A ME, RRRAMAAARDIO!
                          Last edited by Mae Borowski; July 8th, 2018, 11:57 AM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
                            For car it's WADAP CAH MA MAH BAH! AH BAH BAH! AWAWAWA DA CAH WAH! AAAAAAAAAHHHH~ MA CAH BAH WAH! *hugs car and rubs its hood*
                            And then you stick it in the exhaust pipe.

                            Comment


                            #15
                            Originally posted by Mae Borowski View Post
                            For cat it's kitty. If you wanna go the extra mile it's kitty witty bo bitty ma mitty shmitty werben yankerman jenson da fenson wenson menson bo benson.

                            For house it's housey mousey.

                            For car it's WADAP CAH MA MAH BAH! AH BAH BAH! AWAWAWA DA CAH WAH! AAAAAAAAAHHHH~ MA CAH BAH WAH! *hugs car and rubs its hood*

                            Pretty much add a fake word that rhymes and further warp and deform it into madness.

                            For example I have a friend named Gutierrez, so I changed his nickname to Guccierrez and shortened it to Gucci then Guki then Gugi or Googy and I can do all kinds of things with that, like Googy Woogy Boogy ma Moogy Doogy

                            I also have a friend named Fromm and his nickname went from Frommward to Frommwardo to Rrromwardo to RRRAMARRRDO to IT'S A ME, RRRAMAAARDIO!
                            This post affected me on a personal level.
                            Originally posted by Wade
                            It isn't date rape if God commands it, and he already commanded it.

                            Originally posted by Wade
                            I'm saying we actually don't know for certain that 1kg is 1kg.

                            Comment


                              #16
                              Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                              This post affected me on a personal level.
                              Hehe

                              Comment


                                #17
                                You say kitty?

                                Comment


                                  #18
                                  I fucked my crayon box in the ass.

                                  Comment


                                    #19
                                    Originally posted by Ziku View Post
                                    I fucked my crayon box in the ass.
                                    hot
                                    Originally posted by Oneiros
                                    In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

                                    Comment


                                      #20
                                      Originally posted by Ziku View Post
                                      I fucked my crayon box in the ass.
                                      Intriguing.

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X