Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, like, why is everything so damn political now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post
    My guess is that the people actively discussing politics are the only ones that are really active right now. Though it's definitely true there has been an uptick in the overall number of politics related topics. I'm actually trying to bring more non-politics related traffic here, I got a free advertising credit on facebook and I used it to run ads for 10 days directed towards people with interests in various media related things like movies, tv, music, anime, and video games. So far, results aren't great though. about 1,400 people have seen the ad, only 6 have actually clicked it, and as far as I can tell, zero of those have actually signed up or even posted.

Growing T5 is going to be a lot harder than I thought if these are the realistic returns of investing in advertising.
    -Look into SEO if you haven't. Higher listings in Google is probably your best bet.

-Let spider bots do their thing!

-If you're paying for advertising make sure to pay per click and not how many times the ad has been shown.

-Try to recruit people with some following to sign up and post. Want more Vs content? Get Seththeprogrammer in here or someone like him who posts videos. (yea I know, lots of work.. get an admin on it. :P)

Welcome to the world of opening your own website!

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
    I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Originally posted by Issa View Post

Impossible. He was cucked by a weight lifting Jew.

>implying
      Originally posted by Oneiros
      In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
        Get Seththeprogrammer
        AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NOT MORE CANCER

STOP IT
        Originally posted by Oneiros
        In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

-Look into SEO if you haven't. Higher listings in Google is probably your best bet.

-Let spider bots do their thing!

-If you're paying for advertising make sure to pay per click and not how many times the ad has been shown.

-Try to recruit people with some following to sign up and post. Want more Vs content? Get Seththeprogrammer in here or someone like him who posts videos. (yea I know, lots of work.. get an admin on it. :P)

Welcome to the world of opening your own website!
          I've read into SEO optimization but I haven't had the time to really try to implement anything, you know? I know it's the most important thing I can do. But damn, it's time consuming. lol. I'm not paying for advertising. I can't afford that. Saw an add for a free $30 in advertising on Facebook and decided to see what it'd do, the answer seems to be "not much" so I'll know that Facebook is definitely not the correct route to take in the future. I've talked to a handful of people about partnering with them to help bring some new members and give them a place for their community to post. But nothing really ever came of it. I'll have to try harder when things calm down for me in the future.

Comment

I've read into SEO optimization but I haven't had the time to really try to implement anything, you know? I know it's the most important thing I can do. But damn, it's time consuming. lol. I'm not paying for advertising. I can't afford that. Saw an add for a free $30 in advertising on Facebook and decided to see what it'd do, the answer seems to be "not much" so I'll know that Facebook is definitely not the correct route to take in the future. I've talked to a handful of people about partnering with them to help bring some new members and give them a place for their community to post. But nothing really ever came of it. I'll have to try harder when things calm down for me in the future.
            Just to clarify my knowledge of SEO is limited but from what I recall it is basically using keywords for your website in the meta tag and constantly looking to see where you show up in the listings of Google search or whatever search engine you are trying to get higher listings at. Google also tests the website for errors, speed and performance so improving on those also helps with higher search results. I wish you luck in it all!

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
            I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Hitler would be one of Elliot Rogers online friends

Comment

i like it because im trying to become more politically active anyway

Comment

Why are the majority of the people on this site that are hardcore into politics also dumb as bricks

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post
                    Why are the majority of the people on this site that are hardcore into politics also dumb as bricks

Comment

i think the more pressing question is, why did u let ur phone battery get to 15%

were u out when u made this

tf man, what if you need to go somewhere and you dont get the chance to chsrge it for awhile, or the zombie apocalypse happens. 15% is what like 48 hours max if u absolutely minimize ur phone use, and thats assuming ur battery isnt super-old

Comment

It’s very annoying. MvC was much better desu

And also, fucking this:

Originally posted by Ladd View Post
                        Last edited by Ukulele; January 6th, 2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

because people be getting money know what im saying, other people not be getting money know what im saying, lil pump, other gyu makes video in japan in forest, sact a gool, makes millions, meanwhile bitches be bitchin about bitch things, whiners be whining about whines and syiyt

money and brains aint the same. its all about attention whoring nowadays, loolk at me make me rich now meen

reel syyit

Comment

nah
                            Last edited by wonton juan; January 6th, 2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I mean if you want to discuss politics so much surely you can do better than the offshoot of a Malaysian lima bean harvesting forum.
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                              Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                                I mean if you want to discuss politics so much surely you can do better than the offshoot of a Malaysian lima bean harvesting forum.
                                It's here or Facebook. The options aren't great, but at least I can ban people here.

Comment

It's here or Facebook. The options aren't great, but at least I can ban people here.
                                  That's understandable tbh.
                                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                  Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

I have minimal knowledge on politics, so the number of political threads on T5 is quite bothersome.

Comment

• Doctor.
                                      Doctor. commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      You have minimal knowledge on everything

People just want something to argue over the internet with someone who's opinion isn't as correct as their own.

Comment

All things are inherently political, as politics effect every aspect of our lives.

Comment

Because politics are getting so fucking stupid the bar for entry regarding political debates is low.
                                        A fucking 6-year old kid could land a slam-dunk on some of the people participating in political debates these days—especially on feminists, but that's a given.
                                        Last edited by Eren; January 28th, 2018, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X