Rape and Pregnancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rape and Pregnancy

So I got into a long and tiresome argument today over the phone with my sister about a victim getting pregnant from rape. I'm not even really sure how it started because we were originally talking about cars and diapers.

The situation was mainly about what the husband of a raped woman would do if she decided to keep the baby. It's ultimately the woman's choice whether she wants to get rid of the pregnancy sure, but the thing that really got us going was would the husband be considered a demon for wanting her to get an abortion, refusing to raise child and wanting a divorce if she insisted on birthing the child.

• Look at the baby as an innocent life and raise it with your wife all the same because love is love < Her position

• She's not wrong for keeping the child and loving it, but no man should be forced to raise or love a child he had no part in creating < My position

After going back and forth like "yes, no" style she kept repeating that the child is innocent and shouldn't be blamed for what the rapist father did(obviously), but it felt like she was trying to completely invalidate the position of the husband. I asked her about giving the child up for adoption and she went off about how irresponsible it is to bring a child into the world and brush them off for adoption(WHAT'CHU MEAN BRUH!?).

At some point it felt like anything involving the man not wanting to take care of the baby in her eyes was a cardinal sin. Mind you she's all the way in Chicago so she was all in our families ear and shit. I had my cousins and what not texting later talking about "Jo you bogus" and shit.

So what if your wife was raped, impregnated, determined to keep the child, all while expecting you to help raise it? Could you still raise it no questions asked? Another mans child that you most likely didn't want?

How would you feel if you were treated like a villain for wanting her to get rid of the baby?

Well, a woman does have the right to choose. However, I have a right to choose not raise the child of a man who raped my wife. I'm sorry, but I could never do that. I'd definitely be trying to get her to abort the baby before it begins to form and develop a heartbeat. A woman should never have to go through the hell of being pregnant by a man who forced himself on her and I shouldn't be expected to just let her go through with letting the seed of a monster grow into a human being because monsters like that who commit such demonic atrocities don't deserve to leave behind any offspring.

That's just how I feel. My stance on abortion has always been women have the right to choose, but if the baby is already formed and has a heartbeat, just let it be born so it can see the world and live its life.

I'm sorry if I what I said came off as heartless.

" The work of the gods is over. "

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseeker1379 View Post
      Well, a woman does have the right to choose. However, I have a right to choose not raise the child of a man who raped my wife. I'm sorry, but I could never do that. I'd definitely be trying to get her to abort the baby before it begins to form and develop a heartbeat. A woman should never have to go through the hell of being pregnant by a man who forced himself on her and I shouldn't be expected to just let her go through with letting the seed of a monster grow into a human being because monsters like that who commit such demonic atrocities don't deserve to leave behind any offspring.

That's just how I feel. My stance on abortion has always been women have the right to choose, but if the baby is already formed and has a heartbeat, just let it be born so it can see the world and live its life.

I'm sorry if I what I said came off as heartless.
      It's really not heartless. I'm in pretty much the same position as you.
      Originally posted by Groovy wavy ;n444089
      if I wanted to ... mow down a crowd of people even though I'm 100% not mentally unstable, it's definitely my fault and not the weapon that allowed me to do it.

Comment

Rape is unfair, but keeping a rapist's baby is downright insane. Abort that DNA immediately if a morning after pill couldn't do the trick. Then if you can, gather that DNA and turn it in to the police so they can track that fucker down.

Comment

• Rabum Alal
          Rabum Alal commented
          Editing a comment
          You'd be surprised at how many women decide to keep the pregnancy.

Honestly, I don't think the sperm's original owner means that much in the grand scene of things. If I married this girl, I'm ready to spend my life with her, and If that's the case and she wanted to have kids then I'd have already made peace with that.

The only hangup I'd have is that his existence is a reminder of what happened to her, but I guess that's her problem more than mine.

But! Does that mean anyone that would choose differently is a monster? Fuck no dude. It's a fuckedup situation no matter how you slice it. I don't think there is a right answer, so I don't think you can blame anybody for leaning either direction.
        Never forgetti

Originally posted by Kaijin_Style
        Also do me a favor and don't kill yourself. I like to watch my enemies suffer an agonizing death but ya know since you are in mexico, seeing you bitch and whine about your feelings is the next best thing. Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Women have the right to choose what they do with their bodies. But it ends there. I would't blame a guy who went out of dodge (though at the same time, I guess I can respect a guy who stayed)

Me personally, it's horrible what happened to the woman, but I'm not raising another man's kid.

Comment

It's funny because you think the man has a choice in any of this. At best, you can choose to leave her (after being vilified by society, of course)... and there's still a pretty good chance that you'll end up paying alimony for the child that isn't biologically yours anyways. Civil law is positively draconian for an XY. Doubly so if you've got a non-anemic supply of melanin, but I'm sure you already know that.
            Last edited by Oneiros; September 23rd, 2017, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemoco View Post
              Women have the right to choose what they do with their bodies. But it ends there. I would't blame a guy who went out of dodge (though at the same time, I guess I can respect a guy who stayed)

Me personally, it's horrible what happened to the woman, but I'm not raising another man's kid.
              Basically what I was on.

Like. . .you can keep the baby and raise it happily with good blessings, but if you're expecting me to raise a rapists sperm donation that was forced into your body then you're nuts.

Where we differ though is I don't think I can respect a guy who stayed.

Comment

What is that glorious signature from?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabum Alal View Post
                  Basically what I was on.

Like. . .you can keep the baby and raise it happily with good blessings, but if you're expecting me to raise a rapists sperm donation that was forced into your body then you're nuts.

Simps raise children that aren't theirs (that weren't borne of rape) all the time, so why the distinction?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

What is that glorious signature from?
                    Gorillaz-Andromeda.

Comment

• Cid
                      Cid commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As much as I like the Gorillaz, I'm a bit disappointed that it isn't some beautifully animated space movie.

Basically what I was on.

I can respect it because only a guy who truly loves the women would do something like that, and understand that it means a lot to her.

While I don't like the idea of raising a kid like that. Because every time you look at the kid, it will be a reminder of what happened. Which just isn't something I could handle (Not to mention I despise the idea of raising another man's kid. Adoption is a-ok and something I might consider, but a kid that's my wife's but not mine? Hell no.)

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                      It's funny because you think the man has a choice in any of this. At best, you can choose to leave her (after being vilified by society, of course)... and there's still a pretty good chance that you'll end up paying alimony for the child that isn't biologically yours anyways. Civil law is positively draconian for an XY. Doubly so if you've got a non-anemic supply of melanin, but I'm sure you already know that.
                      Get em dude
                      Originally posted by Snap
                      "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

Comment

I can respect it because only a guy who truly loves the women would do something like that, and understand that it means a lot to her.

While I don't like the idea of raising a kid like that. Because every time you look at the kid, it will be a reminder of what happened. Which just isn't something I could handle (Not to mention I despise the idea of raising another man's kid. Adoption is a-ok and something I might consider, but a kid that's my wife's but not mine? Hell no.)
                        I guess if he was one of those "true love" type cats that was super religious, I can see why, but shit most guys out here don't even really like messing with females that have kids as is unless they don't have anything to do with them.

The rape changes things dramatically though, yeah. Woman must be super pro life and religious to wanna keep it.
                        Last edited by Rabum Alal; September 23rd, 2017, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheko View Post

Get em dude
                          I've ascended to the point where shots fired are involuntary. We sleepdrivebying now.

Comment

I guess if he was one of those "true love" type cats that was super religious, I can see why, but shit most guys out here don't even really like messing with females that have kids as is unless they don't have anything to do with them.

The rape changes things dramatically though, yeah. Woman must be super pro life and religious to wanna keep it.
                            If I were truly in love with said woman, I'd probably stand by whatever decision she'd make. You have to think, maybe she's trying to make the best out of a terrible situation. And by simply dipping out, all you'd be doing to her was making said situation even worse for her. And if I did really love her, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself for pushing that kind of pain onto her.

With that said, I also feel like it'd have to be a joint discussion and agreement between both man and wife. If the woman is hell bent on raising the child but the man feels betrayed by that and doesn't want to raise the it then I believe compromise probably isn't going to happen and that they should probably try to end the relationship amicably. As is, there's probably not any real love in such a situation anyway and trying to force said relationship is going to lead to an even nastier breakup down the line. "Staying together for the kid(s)" doesn't work. Trust me, I tried to keep a relationship I hated going just because I didn't want to raise a child in a broken family.

I can see both sides of your argument to an extent. But I guess I agree with you that a man shouldn't be demonized for not wanting to raise a child that isn't his. Especially when that child will be a constant reminder that his partner was sexually assaulted. But on the flip side, you are kind of a dick if you skip out on a woman you claimed to love after she was raped. You've got nine months to come to an understanding with each other that can end in the man understanding why she wants to keep the baby or the woman understanding why adoption might be the best choice, at least try if you claim you care. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

But on the flip side, you are kind of a dick if you skip out on a woman you claimed to love after she was raped. You've got nine months to come to an understanding with each other that can end in the man understanding why she wants to keep the baby or the woman understanding why adoption might be the best choice, at least try if you claim you care. Right?
                              It's not like I'd skip out on her because she was raped, I'm just not gonna force myself to raise a violation baby. If we can't come to an understanding within 20 weeks then nothing I say will matter regardless. As much as I love her I'll never love the kid and I'd rather not be around it. I don't think there's any rationalization she could give me that'd make me want stay around after she decides to keep the baby unless it was to give it up for adoption. It's all hers.

Last edited by Rabum Alal; September 23rd, 2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

So what if your wife was raped, impregnated, determined to keep the child, all while expecting you to help raise it? Could you still raise it no questions asked? Another mans child that you most likely didn't want?
                                Divorce. If she can't understand that I don't want to raise a child at that point in time, let alone another man's, then fuck her, she cares more about herself than she does about the relationship.

How would you feel if you were treated like a villain for wanting her to get rid of the baby?
                                I wouldn't. Any rational person would do the same and if they didn't think so and vilified me for it, then they weren't worth my time to begin with.
                                Last edited by Doctor.; September 23rd, 2017, 07:49 AM.
                                Magikarp was here, Doctor. is a faggot

Comment

You might as well give it away then. There's no point in raising a child in a home where he/she isn't wanted.

But yeah, the woman should respect her husbands feelings on the matter just as he respects hers.
                                  Last edited by Max; September 23rd, 2017, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
                                    You might as well give it away then. There's no point in raising a child in a home where he/she isn't wanted.
                                    Thing is it'd be wanted by the woman, but not by the man. A crossroads like this is a guaranteed combo-breaker. No functional relationship could survive.

Comment

Working...
                                    X