Rape and Pregnancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rabum Alal View Post

Thing is it'd be wanted by the woman, but not by the man. A crossroads like this is a guaranteed combo-breaker. No functional relationship could survive.
    Well yeah then the other option would be to end the relationship.

Comment

Adoption is probably the best decision if they're at this standstill, right? If you abort it, she will always remember the murder, and If you keep it then he'll always remember the rape. With adoption, neither one has to haunt anybody... Although that's probably not gonna lead to a great life for the kid just sayin'...
      Never forgetti

Originally posted by Kaijin_Style
      Also do me a favor and don't kill yourself. I like to watch my enemies suffer an agonizing death but ya know since you are in mexico, seeing you bitch and whine about your feelings is the next best thing. Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Why not hit that abort button smh L

Comment

Wow. This could go either way. Because the kid is born and needs love, but you don't deserve to have a random kid on your hands. The child's love needs consent like everything else, and if she's the only obvious one who wants the kid, but he or nobody else does; than the babies love won't be appreciated properly if there's parents who have extreme tension with having it around. Unfortunately its not about what she feels about it, it's more of having people around with consent for the kid, so.. I don't think you should force someone to deal with it(random father or whoever didn't want to deal with the responsibility)

The rapist should pay for alimony, not the dude who doesn't know how to raise a kid since his instinct is only in it for knowing the paternity certainty and since she most likely wants it whether or not he does, unless there's some traditional aspect. I understand why he does not want someone else's kid, but she won't always see his perspective because of maybe seeing things differently.

But I've never heard of aborting someone because their a spawn of a rapist, I don't remember reading about rapist genes being passed, unless it's more of a moral sperm centric reasoning.. than I can't argue with that. But if there's gonna be absolute known tension with it, and even when it grows up there's tension that sticks with the kid psychologically, like.. depression and suicidal from knowing it was from rape, then sure.. abort I guess, just to save another agency from suffering or doing the same thing to someone else(like I said I've never heard of passing on rape behavior, since we all kind of evolved from brutish short lived and rapey ancestors)

Adoption I hear doesn't work too well.
          Last edited by Edgar ReAnimus; September 23rd, 2017, 09:31 AM.
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hFqaHe_jG44

Comment

nah
            Last edited by wonton juan; September 23rd, 2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
              It's funny because you think the man has a choice in any of this. At best, you can choose to leave her (after being vilified by society, of course)... and there's still a pretty good chance that you'll end up paying alimony for the child that isn't biologically yours anyways. Civil law is positively draconian for an XY. Doubly so if you've got a non-anemic supply of melanin, but I'm sure you already know that.
              The law is fair, and there are two (2) things massively wrong with this statement.

(1) Alimony is not child support; these are two completely separate things.

Child support is what a non-custodial parent pays a custodial parent to cover their share of parenting costs, where the non-custodial parent would otherwise not be covering their share of parenting costs due to the parents living separately.

Alimony is spousal support that a higher-earning spouse pays to a lower-earning spouse post-divorce, to maintain the lifestyle to which the lower-earning spouse became accustomed over the course of the marriage.

(2) The absence of a biological relationship to a child is a full-and-complete defense against any assertion that you have an obligation to pay child support for said child.

UNLESS you went before a court seeking a final judgement of adoption, and you obtained the rights and responsibilities of a biological parent as part of the adoption process.
              Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; September 23rd, 2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

There are many things that sounds odd about this. Who raped her? Did they know him? What was the guys relationship to her if they did?

Even if she is super religious it seems extremely odd she wants to keep the baby. The fact it is being conceived and wasn't stopped with birth control pills is highly suspicious to me. I know pills aren't 100% effective so this isn't a big part of my concern. Since I wasn't there based on what I was provided, I would say she is very dedicated to uphold her believes in life or she cheated on the guy and covered it up with rape.

Let's say she was raped and she is very pro-life. There are two options if she keeps the kid. One being that they raise him and he is an extremely good kid because they know how to be parents. Or they detest the kid and he grows up to be a delinquent.

The other can be that he leaves her. Which would ultimately be her fault because she had the option to abort. But would say alot about how much he loved her.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                  There are many things that sounds odd about this. Who raped her? Did they know him? What was the guys relationship to her if they did?

Even if she is super religious it seems extremely odd she wants to keep the baby. The fact it is being conceived and wasn't stopped with birth control pills is highly suspicious to me. I know pills aren't 100% effective so this isn't a big part of my concern. Since I wasn't there based on what I was provided, I would say she is very dedicated to uphold her believes in life or she cheated on the guy and covered it up with rape.

Let's say she was raped and she is very pro-life. There are two options if she keeps the kid. One being that they raise him and he is an extremely good kid because they know how to be parents. Or they detest the kid and he grows up to be a delinquent.

The other can be that he leaves her. Which would ultimately be her fault because she had the option to abort. But would say alot about how much he loved her.
                  keep in mind that this is just a hypothetical scenario

Comment

• Phobetor
                    Phobetor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hypocritical*

Originally posted by Max View Post

keep in mind that this is just a hypothetical scenario
                  Wow, he went ham then with a hypothetical.
                  Last edited by #83.6666666667; September 23rd, 2017, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Wow, he went ham then with a hypothetical.
                    How was it being a hypothetical situation not obvious from the OP? At what point did it make you think I was talking about an actual person?

I specifically stated that this was a shit conversation I had with my sister
                    Last edited by Rabum Alal; September 23rd, 2017, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Right because it's totally loving to force a rape child on your own husband, and expect him to get over it, despite having a living reminder of his wife's rape in his face everyday. No no brah thats totes loving and unselfish on the wife's part, you know just forcibly reminding him everyday n junk, but thats cool I guess.

^^Basically the whole fight

Comment

Originally posted by lightbuster30 View Post

Right because it's totally loving to force a rape child on your own husband, and expect him to get over it, despite having a living reminder of his wife's rape in his face everyday. No no brah thats totes loving and unselfish on the wife's part, you know just forcibly reminding him everyday n junk, but thats cool I guess.
                        I think you should reread what he said
                        Never forgetti

Originally posted by Kaijin_Style
                        Also do me a favor and don't kill yourself. I like to watch my enemies suffer an agonizing death but ya know since you are in mexico, seeing you bitch and whine about your feelings is the next best thing. Quiet cathartic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

and there are two (2) things massively wrong with this statement.

(1) Alimony is not child support; these are two completely separate things.

Child support is what a non-custodial parent pays a custodial parent to cover their share of parenting costs, where the non-custodial parent would otherwise not be covering their share of parenting costs due to the parents living separately.

Alimony is spousal support that a higher-earning spouse pays to a lower-earning spouse post-divorce, to maintain the lifestyle to which the lower-earning spouse became accustomed over the course of the marriage.
                          ...Yeah. Should probably cut down on the late-night shitposting. My fault.

(2) The absence of a biological relationship to a child is a full-and-complete defense against any assertion that you have an obligation to pay child support for said child.

UNLESS you went before a court seeking a final judgement of adoption, and you obtained the rights and responsibilities of a biological parent as part of the adoption process.

The law is fair
                          Is it?

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/07...oves-isnt-his/
                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ting-time.html
                          https://www.myfloridalaw.com/child-s...ot-the-father/

That's three different states from the first page of a two-second Google search. (There was also a result for Toronto, but I excluded it for obvious reasons.)
                          Last edited by Oneiros; September 23rd, 2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

If I was raped- with the further implication that I was impregnated, and I'm left with the decision to either abort the child, or give it to adoption, then I'd choose to abort the child.
                            As a young lady once told:
                            Don't bring children into the world, if they're only going to suffer and be unloved.
                            If that small, defenseless child is going to go through the misery of being detested for an event that s/he couldn't possibly control by the likes of my husband/family- if that small, defenseless child ends up dying due to my medical history and ultimately only gets to live a short life, then I- personally, think that it would be far more humane and compassionate to abort a child who will likely suffer to circumstances that are beyond their respective willpower, in my opinion and situation/circumstances.
                            In my case, it would simply be that such a child born from my flesh would/could develop medical/physical/psychological issues, and I would rather spare that child from experiencing what I've had to experience through all this years.
                            I would pray that such a child would reincarnate and find his/her happiness somewhere- with a loving family by their side.
                            That child deserves to be happy- living a healthy life free of worries or doubts.

Comment

That really is a tough subject. But honestly, I'd support my wife through good and bad times. If she'd want to have that baby, fine. It's not about me, it's about her. And I'd raise it like the rest of my kids. I think being a prick about it and divorcing your wife for something that isn't her fault is bullshit. Myself is the last thing I'd think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Chara View Post
                                That really is a tough subject. But honestly, I'd support my wife through good and bad times. If she'd want to have that baby, fine. It's not about me, it's about her. And I'd raise it like the rest of my kids. I think being a prick about it and divorcing your wife for something that isn't her fault is bullshit. Myself is the last thing I'd think about.
                                Keeping the rape spawn is her choice so it'd be partially her fault if her husband left.

Comment

"Basically, I don't wanna raise another man's kid."
                                  "Evil begets evil."
                                  "I don't want to raise no hellspawn (even though I probably wouldn't raise a 'regular' child that isn't mine either, but hey)."

Why is this site so fucking wack? Y'all need to nut up and admit the rape itself is secondary in your decision, foh.
                                  Last edited by Oneiros; September 24th, 2017, 02:40 AM.

Comment

"Evil begets evil."
                                    "I don't want to raise no hellspawn (even though I probably wouldn't raise a 'regular' child that isn't mine either, but hey)."

Why is this site so fucking wack? Y'all need to nut up and admit the rape itself is secondary in your decision, foh.
                                    Talking out of your ass.

Comment

"Evil begets evil."

Well, to be honest Morph, it's still an unexpected pregnancy, meaning a potentially unexpected kid, which could cause problems. Economically, especially (kids cost money), which could then further affect the relationships going on in the new, unexpected family of 3 people.

Personally, I think going with an abortion/adoption is really just the cautionary route, and I don't think it's unreasonable. It's better to be going into a family with even an iota of preparation, which includes timing.

EDIT: Yes, I did say I agreed with Dark, although mostly in the basic position of not raising the kid. Personally, the rape wouldn't haunt me, but whether the kid inherits any bad personality traits would be a factor in my decision making. Yes, that could be a problem if the rapist was a natural born sociopath or psychopath, etc.
                                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; September 24th, 2017, 03:03 AM.
                                      Originally posted by Groovy wavy ;n444089
                                      if I wanted to ... mow down a crowd of people even though I'm 100% not mentally unstable, it's definitely my fault and not the weapon that allowed me to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabum Alal View Post

Talking out of your ass.
                                        In the OP, you said you agree with your sister on the child being innocent and blameless in all this. :/

So you tell me how raising the seed of a rapist is any different from a man raising a child that was *consensually* fathered by another brother. Because it serves as a constant reminder of the heinous act? If the mother (aka the real victim here) can look past all that, the father with the "me problem" looks hella petty, doesn't he? And rightfully so.

Comment

Working...
                                        X